Chewing affects different ethnicities differently? HighIQcels gtfih

O

Ocelot

Longer face due to chewing in Punjabis, but shorter, broader faces in Kentuckians?

Only one study and yes I dn rd the entire thing properly but still a surprising result mentioned in the abstract:
"On the other hand significant changes result from elevated chewing forces during growth in response to less processed food; the changes, however, vary from higher faces in Punjabis to shorter and broader faces in Kentuckians"

• +1
Reactions: KrissKross
Longer face due to chewing in Punjabis, but shorter, broader faces in Kentuckians?

Only one study and yes I dn rd the entire thing properly but still a surprising result mentioned in the abstract:
"On the other hand significant changes result from elevated chewing forces during growth in response to less processed food; the changes, however, vary from higher faces in Punjabis to shorter and broader faces in Kentuckians"
I'm a Punjabi with 2.2 FWHR.

Lol, tbf I’m Punjabi and also have high FWHR so this study seems off.
Yeah most studies show that chewing effectively increases FWHR by decreasing midface length, so this is an outlier statistically, so I posted it here.

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
Yeah most studies show that chewing effectively increases FWHR by decreasing midface length, so this is an outlier statistically, so I posted it here.
My face is noticeably shorter than average and my jaw is wide which supports the power of chewing. I was obese my whole child/teenhood so have obviously been chewing a lot my whole life.

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
My face is noticeably shorter than average and my jaw is wide which supports the power of chewing. I was obese my whole child/teenhood so have obviously been chewing a lot my whole life.
Even without evidence it makes sense from a practical standpoint, more demand on the bone; it adapts by becoming larger.

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
Even in adults?