Chewing is actually not ideal? High iq ppl GTFIH for a discussion.

D

Deleted member 5061

Kraken
Ive noticed when chewing, the muscle on my whole mandibular ramus would get bigger, basically the whole masseter muscle and not just the lower part of it. So with that increased muscle size, my jaw and lower face looked something like this:

Notchewing

now obviously the proportions arent exact on the right drawing but I marked the area with red dots, that changed after I stopped chewing.
So after I stopped chewing mastic gum, the zygomatic arch became more pronounced from the front view and from the side view as well. When I was chewing, the increased muscle size would just create a bloaty look for me.

Obviosuly it will vary from person to person, but for me personally it seems like not chewing is a better option, because the zygos are more defined and pronounced.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5522, goat2x, thecel and 1 other person
Chewing is legit. I chew 2 hours everyday and i didn’t get the bloated look.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, .👽., SoyGune and 7 others
Chewing increased my bigonial and bizygo, Salludon has seen my pics

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Deleted member 906, Salludon and 1 other person
genetic differences in msucle insertion and muscle belly length etc. apply to facial muscles as well

sort of off topic but has anyone else here experienced really bad stomach pain after chewing mastic

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6873, Deleted member 2729 and thecel
Chewing increased my bigonial and bizygo, Salludon has seen my pics
Have you ever considered the posibility that it's just you angle/lightning coping? Chewing doesn't do shit.

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel
genetic differences in msucle insertion and muscle belly length etc. apply to facial muscles as well

sort of off topic but has anyone else here experienced really bad stomach pain after chewing mastic
Never experienced pain, however Ive noticed that when chewing I swallowed alot of air into stomach and also alot of saliva is being generated and swallowed. Perhaps it played a role in your case. Too much air swallowed and it caused pressurce inside the stomach/intestines.

Never experienced pain, however Ive noticed that when chewing I swallowed alot of air into stomach and also alot of saliva is being generated and swallowed. Perhaps it played a role in your case. Too much air swallowed and it caused pressurce inside the stomach/intestines.
weird thing is it doesn't happen if i chew other kinds of gum, only mastic

your GI tract, stomach ect. start exerting acids and bacterias because they think you eat something

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7560
Do you mean that you get bloated directly after chewing? That’s common Everybody gets that. I only chew at night bc I can’t go out in public with my bloated face. For me it usually takes a day to lose that bloat by drinking water.
Or are you do you mean longterm bloat? As in that you walk around with a chipmunk look. If so you have shit insertions for chewing and should stop been chewing.

Have you ever considered the posibility that it's just you angle/lightning coping? Chewing doesn't do shit.
Anything that takes more than a week to work is cope here.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend, retard, Incoming and 5 others
Ive noticed when chewing, the muscle on my whole mandibular ramus would get bigger, basically the whole masseter muscle and not just the lower part of it. So with that increased muscle size, my jaw and lower face looked something like this:

View attachment 500106

now obviously the proportions arent exact on the right drawing but I marked the area with red dots, that changed after I stopped chewing.
So after I stopped chewing mastic gum, the zygomatic arch became more pronounced from the front view and from the side view as well. When I was chewing, the increased muscle size would just create a bloaty look for me.

Obviosuly it will vary from person to person, but for me personally it seems like not chewing is a better option, because the zygos are more defined and pronounced.
Got exact same problem as you OP, I think it may involve buccinator hypertrophy as well, I'm not sure.