[Guide] Chewing Megathread

ItisOver

ItisOver

Mage
Time online
13d 1h 6m
My braces are getting removed tommorow. Gonna start hardmewing and continue to chew falim gum 2 hours ED. I’m 15 idk if it will give me significant results but my face is still very much growing so I hope so.

My overbite gotten much less significant since I started using contact with my molars and chewing but I also wore braces so it’s probably related to the latter (although I skipped the elastic treatment).

EasternRightWinger15

EasternRightWinger15

Knowledgable
Time online
29d 9h 25m
@retard sorry for off-topic (very good thread btw, I will order mastic gum asap, it's available in my country, falim not though), but have your take on thumb-pulling changed in any way?

I stopped with this because I'm relatively new to mewing (doing it for around 4 months), so better for me to master that first and also it's summer and allergy time, so sometimes I have hard time to mew and unfortunately sometimes even to nosebreathe at night, so I guess it's pointless in my case rn (I fear that all theoretical progress made with thumb pulling during the day will just relapse if I don't have sufficent tongue support of the pallate during night), but still would like to hear what’s your opinion on this rn, when the allergy stops for good around october again I might continue

retard

retard

Maxillaologist
Time online
65d 8h 2m
@retard sorry for off-topic (very good thread btw, I will order mastic gum asap, it's available in my country, falim not though), but have your take on thumb-pulling changed in any way?

I stopped with this because I'm relatively new to mewing (doing it for around 4 months), so better for me to master that first and also it's summer and allergy time, so sometimes I have hard time to mew and unfortunately sometimes even to nosebreathe at night, so I guess it's pointless in my case rn (I fear that all theoretical progress made with thumb pulling during the day will just relapse if I don't have sufficent tongue support of the pallate during night), but still would like to hear what’s your opinion on this rn, when the allergy stops for good around october again I might continue
yes I have stopped, I think it can lead to TMJ issues, atleast thumbpulling in the way I did which was as hard as I physically could

THEMOGEE

THEMOGEE

PSL 6 GALLON OF MILK CHAD
Time online
16d 19h 43m
Do you still use and recommend the dowden appliance by @nelson ?

hairyballscel

hairyballscel

Elementalist
Time online
33d 18h 6m
This is a great thread thanks for all of this....

@retard this is off topic but do you think its possible to change ones cranial base?

L

lotox1

RETIRED
Time online
13d 6h 18m
I chew falim gum. Are 2 pieces enough or should I use more?. Also, can I reuse it? if so, what's the best way?.

ItisOver

ItisOver

Mage
Time online
13d 1h 6m
I chew falim gum. Are 2 pieces enough or should I use more?. Also, can I reuse it? if so, what's the best way?.
Use 5 pieces if you chewed gum regularly before. That’s what I do. If it’s too hard don’t go overboard TMD sucks.

You can reuse it if you keep it in a glass of freezing cold water.

L

lotox1

RETIRED
Time online
13d 6h 18m
Use 5 pieces if you chewed gum regularly before. That’s what I do. If it’s too hard don’t go overboard TMD sucks.

You can reuse it if you keep it in a glass of freezing cold water.
Okay, I will just put it in a cup of cold water in the refrigerator after I use it then. I have not chewed gum regularly before so I will use 3-4 pieces instead.

Edgar

Edgar

Apprentice
Time online
13d 20h 24m
Does regular gum work?

SteveRogers

SteveRogers

I'm thinking Dorsia | Fuck the French
Time online
8d 22h 33m
I'm about to buy Jawzrsize 50lbs, how long should my sessions go for?
I'm also gonna buy falim this weekend, see which method I like more/mix it up.

retard

retard

Maxillaologist
Time online
65d 8h 2m

@retard this is off topic but do you think its possible to change ones cranial base?
yes but through unconventional ways like sleeping on a hard surface on your back might flatten your occiput a little, but through pulling on the facial bones for change? No mse I affected the temporal bone like less than a tenth of a mm in a study from won moon

KingScrew

KingScrew

Adept
Time online
3d 6h 5m
I'm about to buy Jawzrsize 50lbs, how long should my sessions go for?
I'm also gonna buy falim this weekend, see which method I like more/mix it up.
Use code "CART25" for 25% off jawzrsize (not affiliated)

Also, anyone knows if Chisell works well for incisors?

Pietrosiek

Pietrosiek

Who dares wins
Time online
164d 10h 21m
Should i use my front teeth to chew then? Can i expect anything other than stronger jaw musles?

SteveRogers

SteveRogers

I'm thinking Dorsia | Fuck the French
Time online
8d 22h 33m
Use code "CART25" for 25% off jawzrsize (not affiliated)

Also, anyone knows if Chisell works well for incisors?
Ah shit, thanks g!

hairyballscel

hairyballscel

Elementalist
Time online
33d 18h 6m
yes but through unconventional ways like sleeping on a hard surface on your back might flatten your occiput a little, but through pulling on the facial bones for change? No mse I affected the temporal bone like less than a tenth of a mm in a study from won moon
How does the temporal bone affect the cranial base? When i mean cranial base i mean this shit

1593526250181.png

It just looks like a difference in levels of forward growth no?

Marsiere214

Marsiere214

O mighty hamudi will bless me with a virgin stacy
Time online
9d 2h 21m
is 7 falim gum for 4 hours too much?

Hunterslayer

Hunterslayer

Apprentice
Time online
15d 10h 59m

personally I think maxilla protraction with facemask would change
iIb0vxU.gif

Hunterslayer

Hunterslayer

Apprentice
Time online
15d 10h 59m
Would fixing head posture change cranial base?
Cause nearly everyone with convex face have forward neck and head posture
maxilladropdown.jpg

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Rapist
Time online
12d 10h 14m
So you're telling me that chewing with your molars (which is what molars are designed for - the others are for breaking food off) will increase your midface? Hmm. No one chews with incisors, yet people have short midfaces. Also surely chewing with incisors would only put pressure on the teeth and alveolar ridge, and not move the maxilla

hairyballscel

hairyballscel

Elementalist
Time online
33d 18h 6m
So you're telling me that chewing with your molars (which is what molars are designed for - the others are for breaking food off) will increase your midface? Hmm. No one chews with incisors, yet people have short midfaces. Also surely chewing with incisors would only put pressure on the teeth and alveolar ridge, and not move the maxilla
Incisor chewing puts pressure on the front of the maxilla, imagine the frontal part being pushed up while the back part is pushed down, this causes CCW. I chewed with my incisors and within 30 minutes i felt extreme pressure around my nose, gums, brow and a little bit at my cheekbones.

As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards

This proves that as you chew more with molars, your masseters increase in size and cause the frontal part of the maxilla to shift downards which will cause your midface to be longer, this is CW rotation which is needed for some people

Edgar

Edgar

Apprentice
Time online
13d 20h 24m
Yes if you use a lot of it but why?
I don't know if I can find falim/mastic gum here and international deliveries are fucked. I should look around tbh ngl

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Rapist
Time online
12d 10h 14m
Incisor chewing puts pressure on the front of the maxilla, imagine the frontal part being pushed up while the back part is pushed down, this causes CCW. I chewed with my incisors and within 30 minutes i felt extreme pressure around my nose, gums, brow and a little bit at my cheekbones.

As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards

This proves that as you chew more with molars, your masseters increase in size and cause the frontal part of the maxilla to shift downards which will cause your midface to be longer, this is CW rotation which is needed for some people
Oh right, but front teeth chewing also activates the masseters, which then seems counterintuitive. And that study seems weird because john mew said it was the masseter activation from keeping your teeth together that causes an upswing. Yet your thing seems to be saying the opposite, that it causes a downswing. Mouthbreathers must be the most upswung ever then!

hairyballscel

hairyballscel

Elementalist
Time online
33d 18h 6m
Oh right, but front teeth chewing also activates the masseters, which then seems counterintuitive. And that study seems weird because john mew said it was the masseter activation from keeping your teeth together that causes an upswing. Yet your thing seems to be saying the opposite, that it causes a downswing. Mouthbreathers must be the most upswung ever then!
Front teeth chewing barely activates masseters, and whilst it does it applies more pressure to the frontal maxilla, so the overall/net force is greater in the frontal region of the maxilla, still encouraging CCW.
And that study seems weird because john mew said it was the masseter activation from keeping your teeth together that causes an upswing.
Idk tbh, ask @retard I don't wanna give you bad advice. But i will tell you this, as a mouthbreather im as recessed as they get lol, no trace of upswing

retard

retard

Maxillaologist
Time online
65d 8h 2m
John mew didn’t specify if it was the masseter activation he just said teeth together, the upwards force of the maxilla from chewing is what shifts the maxilla upwards, it isn’t the base activation of the masseter muscle but the forces chewing exerts

K

kangarooking

Trainee
Time online
1d 10h 25m

did you chew with the tips of the incisors touching?

hairyballscel

hairyballscel

Elementalist
Time online
33d 18h 6m
did you chew with the tips of the incisors touching?
I can't, i have an anterior open bite so its impossible for me to do...
Just chew as deep as possible, i think you should go deeper than your incisors touching doe,

Viewing This Thread (Looksmaxers: 11, Bluepilled: 6)

• BrokenMaxilla
  • Kurwa
  • MentalistKebab
  • Hal Rosi
  • hairyballscel
  • EreptileDysfunction
  • hamza