[Guide] Chewing Megathread

CopeTilliRope

CopeTilliRope

Adept
Time online
5d 19h 35m
Great post from retard. I can vouch for the validity of this post because my face has become way more masculine looking and robust after chewing 5 pieces of falim gum for 5 days a week for 45 minutes. That's 210 minutes in total, times that with 4-5 weeks (how long I've been doing it) that's a whole lot of chewing. My midface has shortened and my cheekbones have become more pronounced.
were you specificallychewing with your front tooth and how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

R

riceronicel

37y, 5'4, 3"x3" D, 6" Wrist Cir, KHHV
Time online
20h 49m
So basically Jawzrsize works?
I bought Jawzrsize two weeks ago and i've been using it when I work out. Right now it's too early for results so in 2 weeks I'll give an update.

I had 3 levels: Easy, Medium, Heavy.

You'll get the best "workout" if you do some type of exercise that isn't cardio while chewing on it.

So for example, I do 10 push-ups. You should be chewing down on the jawzrsize when you do a push-up, so 10 chews. If you want to chew it twice per push-up then that's fine. The more you challenge yourself the more of a workout you will get.

And after each exercise, I would chew on the jawzrsize and bite down and stay in that position for a certain number of seconds. I noticed I get a better workout when doing this part, and even better if you bite it down while tilting your head all the way up, which will activate and burn the fat right under your chin.

The muscles that work are my mandibles on my cheeks, and if I hold it down while tilting my head up, my mandibles, my chin, and the sides of my neck. what you want is the burn you get when you're chewing on it.

If you mastered "Easy," then go to Medium, and to Heavy. Increase your reps with the Heavy and add more time to holding it down. The latter is the toughest part imo, as it challenges you to really bite down and hold that position, but it's a good workout imo.

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

Keep crying for the true Aryans
Time online
60d 16h 10m
You right son my jaw masseter muscle is 100% from chewmaxxing.

Y

Yusu

Amateur
Time online
9d 6h 19m
chewing legit with molars for
gonial angle and jaw muscle / definition
I chewed months with the left side falim for hours
and the left side is SIGNIFICANTLY longer on the ramus
then I chewed with both sides and the right side is beoming longer

I stopped because my jaw is becoming tooo squarish

I want to chew with premolars and inc.
Does this really help with undereye support?
And will the jaw muscles also be very activated? I don't want a more squarish face

betamanlet

betamanlet

Mage
Time online
26d 17h 0m
chewing legit with molars for
gonial angle and jaw muscle / definition
I chewed months with the left side falim for hours
and the left side is SIGNIFICANTLY longer on the ramus
then I chewed with both sides and the right side is beoming longer

I stopped because my jaw is becoming tooo squarish

I want to chew with premolars and inc.
Does this really help with undereye support?
And will the jaw muscles also be very activated? I don't want a more squarish face
Under-eye support is given by the tongue. Chewing affects the lower third and the peripherals of the middle third.

P

Psalm

Trainee
Time online
4d 7h 23m
what would happen if u did this with braces on

hairyballscel

hairyballscel

Quantum
Time online
48d 23h 20m
Under-eye support is given by the tongue. Chewing affects the lower third and the peripherals of the middle third.
Whats your opinion on what OP wrote?

Npcdoomer

Npcdoomer

Adept
Time online
4d 14h 43m
So by chewing with your incisors you are not applying any sort of force to the masseter muscle? Wouldn’t that cause the masseter muscle to weaken/decrease? Thus decreasing the mandibular mass??
also can you chew with your incisors when you have a overbite? Wouldn’t that just give the effect of jutting the jaw downward and thus making the midface longer?

Last edited:
betamanlet

betamanlet

Mage
Time online
26d 17h 0m
Whats your opinion on what OP wrote?
To begin with, I think it's difficult to chew "correctly" (that is, with balanced masticatory effort) when the occlusion is recessed, because the jaw dynamics which your recessed occlusion creates is both conducive to & the consequence of incorrect chewing. So you have to really actively fight against your natural chewing pattern in order to make a difference, which can be very fatiguing even when chewing regular foods. Many acquire TMD with chewing, as they are unwittingly enforcing their pre-existing dysfunctional chewing motorics, rather than fighting to create a new more functional pattern.

In terms of impacting the upper jaw, I think resting occlusion matters more than chewing. This is a similar dichotomy to swallowing vs static tongue posture. If swallowing helps, then should maintaining the tongue posture (=an "infinite swallow") not help further? Likewise, if chewing helps, then should a static hold not help even further? As we know, the forces that end up changing the bone do not need to be great, they only need to be sustained. A jaw posture in which all teeth up to the incisors are in contact with their opposites ends up creating an up- & forward force that will cause the alveolar bone to adapt over time (the mandible becomes a facepusher of sorts). I think chewing with particular teeth is a kind of distraction that may not end up having much significance. The underlying reasoning that is being expressed in the intuition to favor specific teeth is very much the aforementioned need to achieve a more functional chewing pattern... which, as I said, is better done by posturing than masticating.

Due to these reasons, I would first focus on getting the jaws in their proper position and only then focus on building mandibular mass with chewing.

a2fawfasf.jpg

hairyballscel

hairyballscel

Quantum
Time online
48d 23h 20m
To begin with, I think it's difficult to chew "correctly" (that is, with balanced masticatory effort) when the occlusion is recessed, because the jaw dynamics which your recessed occlusion creates is both conducive to & the consequence of incorrect chewing. So you have to really actively fight against your natural chewing pattern in order to make a difference, which can be very fatiguing even when chewing regular foods. Many acquire TMD with chewing, as they are unwittingly enforcing their pre-existing dysfunctional chewing motorics, rather than fighting to create a new more functional pattern.

In terms of impacting the upper jaw, I think resting occlusion matters more than chewing. This is a similar dichotomy to swallowing vs static tongue posture. If swallowing helps, then should maintaining the tongue posture (=an "infinite swallow") not help further? Likewise, if chewing helps, then should a static hold not help even further? As we know, the forces that end up changing the bone do not need to be great, they only need to be sustained. A jaw posture in which all teeth up to the incisors are in contact with their opposites ends up creating an up- & forward force that will cause the alveolar bone to adapt over time (the mandible becomes a facepusher of sorts). I think chewing with particular teeth is a kind of distraction that may not end up having much significance. The underlying reasoning that is being expressed in the intuition to favor specific teeth is very much the aforementioned need to achieve a more functional chewing pattern... which, as I said, is better done by posturing than masticating.

Due to these reasons, I would first focus on getting the jaws in their proper position and only then focus on building mandibular mass with chewing.

View attachment 494946
thanks for giving your take on this

DownUnderCopeAttack

DownUnderCopeAttack

Adept
Time online
1d 22h 22m
Chewing with incisors to premolars squared my temples. Weird to see such attention on chewing thread ngl
I noticed this as well. Any idea why this happened after mewing?

EasternRightWinger15

EasternRightWinger15

One strong chin away from happiness
Time online
38d 20h 23m

View attachment 494946
I just can't have perfect bite because my incissors are bigger than rest of my teeth, so I have like 3 mm overbite, which shouldn't be big issue, or is it?

betamanlet

betamanlet

Mage
Time online
26d 17h 0m
incissors are bigger than rest of my teeth, so I have like 3 mm overbite
Your incisors are over-erupted, which is a consequence of your overbite, rather than the cause. This is why all teeth have to be in contact lest over-eruption takes place. Eventually as the alveolar bone develops forward you acquire a natural edge-to-edge occlusion which will keep your front teeth at an even height.

CopeTilliRope

CopeTilliRope

Adept
Time online
5d 19h 35m

View attachment 494946
extremelly interesting post . So according to you if someone is looking to theorically shorten his midface and " impact" his maxilla ovetime what should be the best tongue and " occlusion" posture to be looking for? light pressing the whole tongue on the roof of the mouth + keeping teeth together? I'm too low IQ to express my thought correctly but would highly appreciate if you could elaborate on that. thanks

betamanlet

betamanlet

Mage
Time online
26d 17h 0m
extremelly interesting post . So according to you if someone is looking to theorically shorten his midface and " impact" his maxilla ovetime what should be the best tongue and " occlusion" posture to be looking for? light pressing the whole tongue on the roof of the mouth + keeping teeth together? I'm too low IQ to express my thought correctly but would highly appreciate if you could elaborate on that. thanks
Since John Mew is likely right in saying that the tongue doesn't cause forward growth, it should be helpful to first try to get jaw posture down with a fully relaxed tongue. and only then focus on the tongue. Asymmetric jaw posture produces asymmetric tongue posture because jaw is the foundation for the tongue, so how well the jaw is centered under the cranium will determine how symmetrically the tongue will exert force.

The teeth should be in firm contact and the load somewhat evently distributed across them. From this position, you should gently chin tuck so that your maxillary arch is pushed against your mandibular arch, while simultaneously using the mandible to push to the opposite direction as if through the maxillary arch. Done right, an upward & forward force vector against the maxillary teeth is produced, which should begin to push the alveolar process forward like happens with AGGA, only without causing the dysfunctionality the appliance does (because it's the actual intended way of triggering the mechanism).

Practicing this jaw posture while exercising may have a very stabilizing effect to your whole spine. You may come to understand how the hips and the jaws balance each other.

CopeTilliRope

CopeTilliRope

Adept
Time online
5d 19h 35m
Since John Mew is likely right in saying that the tongue doesn't cause forward growth, it should be helpful to first try to get jaw posture down with a fully relaxed tongue. and only then focus on the tongue. Asymmetric jaw posture produces asymmetric tongue posture because jaw is the foundation for the tongue, so how well the jaw is centered under the cranium will determine how symmetrically the tongue will exert force.

The teeth should be in firm contact and the load somewhat evently distributed across them. From this position, you should gently chin tuck so that your maxillary arch is pushed against your mandibular arch, while simultaneously using the mandible to push to the opposite direction as if through the maxillary arch. Done right, an upward & forward force vector against the maxillary teeth is produced, which should begin to push the alveolar process forward like happens with AGGA, only without causing the dysfunctionality the appliance does (because it's the actual intended way of triggering the mechanism).

Practicing this jaw posture while exercising may have a very stabilizing effect to your whole spine. You may come to understand how the hips and the jaws balance each other.
thanks you so much for your answer, i know its probably a huge cope but before to try to get an impaction to shorten my midface i'm going to try more " natural" techniques. Any devices you would advise for someone looking to shorten his midface? maybe mse?

betamanlet

betamanlet

Mage
Time online
26d 17h 0m
thanks you so much for your answer, i know its probably a huge cope but before to try to get an impaction to shorten my midface i'm going to try more " natural" techniques. Any devices you would advise for someone looking to shorten his midface? maybe mse?
Appliances are not my specialty, sorry. I agree that it's always good to find out what you can achieve naturally first before undergoing invasive procedures.

CopeTilliRope

CopeTilliRope

Adept
Time online
5d 19h 35m
Appliances are not my specialty, sorry. I agree that it's always good to find out what you can achieve naturally first before undergoing invasive procedures.
but do you really think its possible to see change on midface lenght overtime if you're past 25?( i'm 26 btw)

betamanlet

betamanlet

Mage
Time online
26d 17h 0m
but do you really think its possible to see change on midface lenght overtime if you're past 25?( i'm 26 btw)
I don't believe in a long mid-face in the absolute sense of the word. Rather, it's an illusion that comes from lacking facial width and projection, as no one who has properly projecting jaws has the appearance of a long mid-face. The problem with a long mid-face is thus not an excess length, but a lack of dimension. Will you see changes that make your face look more compact? Yes, definitely.

retard

retard

maxillaologist son
Time online
78d 19h 7m

if you do a chin tuck it isn’t only to the mandible that rotates but the maxilla as well, while it would apply a forward /upwards force if the maxilla maintained the its original resting position it would be that but since rotates proportionally it would still be an upwards only force

I also disagree with John mew on that the tongue doesnt cause forward growth, people with bruxism defined masticatory muscles with the jaws connected however they don’t forward growth mog the way that models who are fully mewing evident by their completely elevated hyoid bone that is tensed, Meghan roche and Rosie Huntington are examples of this, not to mention it is just too unlikely that the something else is responsible for forward growth when the tongue is capable of all the same forces of maxilla protraction devices just lower magnitude which is proven to cause growth

ObamasLastName

ObamasLastName

Mcdonald’s.
Time online
6d 2h 41m
get falim gum and no its fine, crooked teeth are caused by sucking inwards on the maxillary teeth when improperly swallowing which overtime narrows the arch
Can you further explain what you meant by inward?

retard

retard

maxillaologist son
Time online
78d 19h 7m
betamanlet

betamanlet

Mage
Time online
26d 17h 0m
if you do a chin tuck it isn’t only to the mandible that rotates but the maxilla as well, while it would apply a forward /upwards force if the maxilla maintained the its original resting position it would be that but since rotates proportionally it would still be an upwards only force
It's hard for me to interpret this kind of a run-on sentence. Nothing should be rotating when you are chin tucking. You are straightening the spine, not bending it into hyperflexion.

people with bruxism defined masticatory muscles with the jaws connected however they don’t forward growth mog the way that models who are fully mewing evident by their completely elevated hyoid bone that is tensed
Some amount of bruxism is part of posture. Intense clenching, however, is usually a sign of postural failure, which in turn results in dysfunctional occlusal forces and the eventual TMD problems. The musculature surrounding the jaws will, when properly engaged, prevent excessive clenching from occurring. So I must ask: why would someone with bruxism mog a model whose anatomy is functioning correctly?

By adopting proper jaw & neck posture the tongue will naturally find itself in the roof of the mouth -- this will happen purely mechanistically without having to engage the tongue at all. This is why I am advicing not to initially focus on the tongue. If you are like me and have been hard mewing for years without proper jaw posture, at first anything you do with the tongue will only further prevent the jaw from working as intended. Together, the jaw and the neck establish a solid frame within which the tongue functions. Pushing hard with the tongue without increasing mandibular engagement in proportion will cause the tongue to overstep the boundaries of its frame, leading to postural dysfunction.

it is just too unlikely that the something else is responsible for forward growth when the tongue is capable of all the same forces of maxilla protraction devices just lower magnitude which is proven to cause growth
It is important to define what is meant by forward growth. The tongue will expand the mid-face to all directons, but it will not move the jaws forward. I am talking strictly about forward projection of the jaws.

R

ruoho

Trainee
Time online
7d 12h 29m
im hearing clicking sounds when i open my mouth fully. im pretty sure its a sign of tmj. do you think i should still buy myself some falim gum in order to accelerate my mewing/thumbpulling progress? if im not mistaken, when youve expanded your maxilla enough, your tmj and any bruxism issues should go away.

Hal Rosi

Hal Rosi

Latincel
Time online
24d 13h 59m
It's hard for me to interpret this kind of a run-on sentence. Nothing should be rotating when you are chin tucking. You are straightening the spine, not bending it into hyperflexion.

Some amount of bruxism is part of posture. Intense clenching, however, is usually a sign of postural failure, which in turn results in dysfunctional occlusal forces and the eventual TMD problems. The musculature surrounding the jaws will, when properly engaged, prevent excessive clenching from occurring. So I must ask: why would someone with bruxism mog a model whose anatomy is functioning correctly?

By adopting proper jaw & neck posture the tongue will naturally find itself in the roof of the mouth -- this will happen purely mechanistically without having to engage the tongue at all. This is why I am advicing not to initially focus on the tongue. If you are like me and have been hard mewing for years without proper jaw posture, at first anything you do with the tongue will only further prevent the jaw from working as intended. Together, the jaw and the neck establish a solid frame within which the tongue functions. Pushing hard with the tongue without increasing mandibular engagement in proportion will cause the tongue to overstep the boundaries of its frame, leading to postural dysfunction.

It is important to define what is meant by forward growth. The tongue will expand the mid-face to all directons, but it will not move the jaws forward. I am talking strictly about forward projection of the jaws.
So would you say the steps would be:
1. Tooth together and correct bite.
2. Tongue posture.
3. Chin tuck.

EasternRightWinger15

EasternRightWinger15

Time online
38d 20h 23m
Your incisors are over-erupted, which is a consequence of your overbite, rather than the cause. This is why all teeth have to be in contact lest over-eruption takes place. Eventually as the alveolar bone develops forward you acquire a natural edge-to-edge occlusion which will keep your front teeth at an even height.
I don't understand, I can only make either front incisors to make contact or make contact with rest of my teeth, but then I have the 2-3mm overbite. So can you please tell me, what should I do (to me making contact with as much teeth possible makes more sense)? Also I feel like the big front incisors could be genetical, all of my sibling have it more or less (or it's the same enviroment, but some of my siblings are natural mewers and still have it, so unlikely imo).

betamanlet

betamanlet

Mage
Time online
26d 17h 0m
So would you say the steps would be:
1. Tooth together and correct bite.
2. Tongue posture.
3. Chin tuck.
Correct occlusal forces occur together with correct head posture (= gentlechin tuck). Tongue posture forms as a consequence of these two.

I don't understand, I can only make either front incisors to make contact or make contact with rest of my teeth, but then I have the 2-3mm overbite. So can you please tell me, what should I do (to me making contact with as much teeth possible makes more sense)? Also I feel like the big front incisors could be genetical, all of my sibling have it more or less (or it's the same enviroment, but some of my siblings are natural mewers and still have it, so unlikely imo).
You don't need to keep the incisors in an edge-to-edge contact, touching the sides is enough. An edge-to-edge occlusion will eventually form, but first your alveolar ridge is going to have to develop forward. Just maximize your teeth contact.

EasternRightWinger15

EasternRightWinger15

Time online
38d 20h 23m
Correct occlusal forces occur together with correct head posture (= gentlechin tuck). Tongue posture forms as a consequence of these two.

You don't need to keep the incisors in an edge-to-edge contact, touching the sides is enough. An edge-to-edge occlusion will eventually form, but first your alveolar ridge is going to have to develop forward. Just maximize your teeth contact.
I get it now, thanks.

Papabakvet

Papabakvet

Niche Game 4 life
Time online
44d 1h 21m
What if i have naturally quite big masseters and have a tough diet? I'm kinda scared it'll be overdone and give me minecraft jaw

Incoming

Incoming

Coep or roep
Time online
69d 12h 43m

Do you think it’s necessary to fix all postural imbalances before getting expansion to ensure that no asymmetries occur/become more apparent?

betamanlet

betamanlet

Mage
Time online
26d 17h 0m
Do you think it’s necessary to fix all postural imbalances before getting expansion to ensure that no asymmetries occur/become more apparent?
Well asymmetric skeletal structure and asymmetric posture feed on each other, so I think it's a matter of personal preference. From where will you begin to untie the loop? That kind of thing.

R

ruoho

Trainee
Time online
7d 12h 29m
My chin hurts when i chew. i started incisor chewing 5 days ago. is this normal?

ObamasLastName

ObamasLastName

Mcdonald’s.
Time online
6d 2h 41m
get falim gum and no its fine, crooked teeth are caused by sucking inwards on the maxillary teeth when improperly swallowing which overtime narrows the arch
How do i not suck inwards? what do you mean by that

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SoyGune [Blackpill] Nose bleed from chewing Looksmaxing 16
N [Discussion] Does Tongue Chewing make your Jaw wider? Looksmaxing 5
000 [Discussion] Making chin wider with chewing Looksmaxing 11

Viewing This Thread (Looksmaxers: 0, Bluepilled: 1)