Chewing Megathread

Nice thread!

What method for under-eye support? (dark circles)

Any chew trainer/ball device or technique for incisors? I find myself basically chewing directly on my teeth as the gum slides/thins out towards my premolars.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906
@Nosecel

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 906, Nosecel, JizzFarmer and 1 other person
username checks out jfl

broscientific theories that dont correlate at all to general ideas (such as the ideal of raising cheekbones when that is purely vertical bonemass)

nor does it align with the currently known principles of facial growth

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Good_Little_Goy, Deleted member 906 and 2 others
Nice thread!

What method for under-eye support? (dark circles)

Any chew trainer/ball device or technique for incisors? I find myself basically chewing directly on my teeth as the gum slides/thins out towards my premolars.
incisor chewing for negative vector, jawrsize is an appliance for incisors but don’t think there’s one for premolars

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 906 and KingScrew
username checks out jfl

broscientific theories that dont correlate at all to general ideas (such as the ideal of raising cheekbones when that is purely vertical bonemass)

nor does it align with the currently known principles of facial growth
cheekbones are connected to the upper part of the maxilla, in studies it is stated that you chewing affects the vertical position of maxilla, meaning that shifting the maxilla upwards will also shift cheekbones upwards

What “general ideas” are you talking about lol none of this is well studied or talked about with confidence

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, animo123, Mateusz74 and 9 others
My braces are getting removed tommorow. Gonna start hardmewing and continue to chew falim gum 2 hours ED. I’m 15 idk if it will give me significant results but my face is still very much growing so I hope so.

My overbite gotten much less significant since I started using contact with my molars and chewing but I also wore braces so it’s probably related to the latter (although I skipped the elastic treatment).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and retard
@retard sorry for off-topic (very good thread btw, I will order mastic gum asap, it's available in my country, falim not though), but have your take on thumb-pulling changed in any way?

I stopped with this because I'm relatively new to mewing (doing it for around 4 months), so better for me to master that first and also it's summer and allergy time, so sometimes I have hard time to mew and unfortunately sometimes even to nosebreathe at night, so I guess it's pointless in my case rn (I fear that all theoretical progress made with thumb pulling during the day will just relapse if I don't have sufficent tongue support of the pallate during night), but still would like to hear what’s your opinion on this rn, when the allergy stops for good around october again I might continue

• +1
Reactions: fachero17, Deleted member 906 and retard
@retard sorry for off-topic (very good thread btw, I will order mastic gum asap, it's available in my country, falim not though), but have your take on thumb-pulling changed in any way?

I stopped with this because I'm relatively new to mewing (doing it for around 4 months), so better for me to master that first and also it's summer and allergy time, so sometimes I have hard time to mew and unfortunately sometimes even to nosebreathe at night, so I guess it's pointless in my case rn (I fear that all theoretical progress made with thumb pulling during the day will just relapse if I don't have sufficent tongue support of the pallate during night), but still would like to hear what’s your opinion on this rn, when the allergy stops for good around october again I might continue
yes I have stopped, I think it can lead to TMJ issues, atleast thumbpulling in the way I did which was as hard as I physically could

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, fachero17, alriodai and 2 others
Do you still use and recommend the dowden appliance by @nelson ?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Deleted member 906
Do you still use and recommend the dowden appliance by @nelson ?
It’s outdated and too thick/hard for maxilla. Wait for V2.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 906, retard and 2 others
This is a great thread thanks for all of this....

@retard this is off topic but do you think its possible to change ones cranial base?

• +1
Reactions: alriodai, Deleted member 906 and Deleted member 5385
I chew falim gum. Are 2 pieces enough or should I use more?. Also, can I reuse it? if so, what's the best way?.

• +1
I chew falim gum. Are 2 pieces enough or should I use more?. Also, can I reuse it? if so, what's the best way?.
Use 5 pieces if you chewed gum regularly before. That’s what I do. If it’s too hard don’t go overboard TMD sucks.

You can reuse it if you keep it in a glass of freezing cold water.

• +1
Reactions: animo123, Deleted member 906 and Deleted member 3060
Use 5 pieces if you chewed gum regularly before. That’s what I do. If it’s too hard don’t go overboard TMD sucks.

You can reuse it if you keep it in a glass of freezing cold water.
Okay, I will just put it in a cup of cold water in the refrigerator after I use it then. I have not chewed gum regularly before so I will use 3-4 pieces instead.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 906 and Deleted member 6892
Does regular gum work?

• +1
Me before and after chewing :
20200630 145657

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gren, Amexmaxx, Deleted member 906 and 4 others
I'm about to buy Jawzrsize 50lbs, how long should my sessions go for?
I'm also gonna buy falim this weekend, see which method I like more/mix it up.

• +1
thats to long to read man, can someone tell me highlishts?

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 17829, Be_ConfidentBro, Deleted member 906 and 4 others

@retard this is off topic but do you think its possible to change ones cranial base?
yes but through unconventional ways like sleeping on a hard surface on your back might flatten your occiput a little, but through pulling on the facial bones for change? No mse I affected the temporal bone like less than a tenth of a mm in a study from won moon

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and Deleted member 5385
I never used jawrsize so I can’t comment but 1.5-2 hours of a falim is a good routine

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 906, Deleted member 5385 and 1 other person
Use code "CART25" for 25% off jawzrsize (not affiliated)

Also, anyone knows if Chisell works well for incisors?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 906 and SteveRogers
Should i use my front teeth to chew then? Can i expect anything other than stronger jaw musles?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and retard
Use code "CART25" for 25% off jawzrsize (not affiliated)

Also, anyone knows if Chisell works well for incisors?
Ah shit, thanks g!

• +1
yes but through unconventional ways like sleeping on a hard surface on your back might flatten your occiput a little, but through pulling on the facial bones for change? No mse I affected the temporal bone like less than a tenth of a mm in a study from won moon
How does the temporal bone affect the cranial base? When i mean cranial base i mean this shit

It just looks like a difference in levels of forward growth no?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: meryou and Deleted member 906
is 7 falim gum for 4 hours too much?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ungewist, meryou and Deleted member 906

personally I think maxilla protraction with facemask would change
IIb0vxU

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and hairyballscel
Would fixing head posture change cranial base?
Cause nearly everyone with convex face have forward neck and head posture
Maxilladropdown

• +1
Reactions: meryou, Deleted member 906 and hairyballscel
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: meryou, Deleted member 906 and Deleted member 5385
So you're telling me that chewing with your molars (which is what molars are designed for - the others are for breaking food off) will increase your midface? Hmm. No one chews with incisors, yet people have short midfaces. Also surely chewing with incisors would only put pressure on the teeth and alveolar ridge, and not move the maxilla

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: meryou, Potentialcel, Deleted member 906 and 2 others
So you're telling me that chewing with your molars (which is what molars are designed for - the others are for breaking food off) will increase your midface? Hmm. No one chews with incisors, yet people have short midfaces. Also surely chewing with incisors would only put pressure on the teeth and alveolar ridge, and not move the maxilla
Incisor chewing puts pressure on the front of the maxilla, imagine the frontal part being pushed up while the back part is pushed down, this causes CCW. I chewed with my incisors and within 30 minutes i felt extreme pressure around my nose, gums, brow and a little bit at my cheekbones.

As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards

This proves that as you chew more with molars, your masseters increase in size and cause the frontal part of the maxilla to shift downards which will cause your midface to be longer, this is CW rotation which is needed for some people

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: ungewist, MSEinvestigator, meryou and 6 others
Yes if you use a lot of it but why?
I don't know if I can find falim/mastic gum here and international deliveries are fucked. I should look around tbh ngl

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Deleted member 906
Incisor chewing puts pressure on the front of the maxilla, imagine the frontal part being pushed up while the back part is pushed down, this causes CCW. I chewed with my incisors and within 30 minutes i felt extreme pressure around my nose, gums, brow and a little bit at my cheekbones.

As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards

This proves that as you chew more with molars, your masseters increase in size and cause the frontal part of the maxilla to shift downards which will cause your midface to be longer, this is CW rotation which is needed for some people
Oh right, but front teeth chewing also activates the masseters, which then seems counterintuitive. And that study seems weird because john mew said it was the masseter activation from keeping your teeth together that causes an upswing. Yet your thing seems to be saying the opposite, that it causes a downswing. Mouthbreathers must be the most upswung ever then!

• +1
Reactions: russiancelreturns, MSEinvestigator and Deleted member 906
Oh right, but front teeth chewing also activates the masseters, which then seems counterintuitive. And that study seems weird because john mew said it was the masseter activation from keeping your teeth together that causes an upswing. Yet your thing seems to be saying the opposite, that it causes a downswing. Mouthbreathers must be the most upswung ever then!
Front teeth chewing barely activates masseters, and whilst it does it applies more pressure to the frontal maxilla, so the overall/net force is greater in the frontal region of the maxilla, still encouraging CCW.
And that study seems weird because john mew said it was the masseter activation from keeping your teeth together that causes an upswing.
Idk tbh, ask @retard I don't wanna give you bad advice. But i will tell you this, as a mouthbreather im as recessed as they get lol, no trace of upswing

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, Deleted member 906 and optimisticzoomer
John mew didn’t specify if it was the masseter activation he just said teeth together, the upwards force of the maxilla from chewing is what shifts the maxilla upwards, it isn’t the base activation of the masseter muscle but the forces chewing exerts

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and optimisticzoomer

did you chew with the tips of the incisors touching?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and hairyballscel
did you chew with the tips of the incisors touching?
I can't, i have an anterior open bite so its impossible for me to do...
Just chew as deep as possible, i think you should go deeper than your incisors touching doe,

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and kangarooking
how the fuck do you chew with incisors? incisors are not made for chewing, they are made for biting. is everybody gonna just wear their front teeth down because of some autistic thread on the internet?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: alriodai, Good_Little_Goy, Potentialcel and 8 others
how the fuck do you chew with incisors? incisors are not made for chewing, they are made for biting. is everybody gonna just wear their front teeth down because of some autistic thread on the internet?
Images 2

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Hades, alriodai, Deleted member 17829 and 5 others
chew on

• +1
Juste don't chew or you'll destroyer your jaw joint + bruxism.

• +1
LoL this thread went from looksmaxing section to Botb to looksmaxing again, and it was not me. Over for chewingcels.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: alriodai, Good_Little_Goy, Deleted member 906 and 3 others
Great stuff, 1 question though:

Open or closed mouth while chewing? Currently doing half and half coz idk

• +1
Great stuff, 1 question though:

Open or closed mouth while chewing? Currently doing half and half coz idk
Lol you cant close mouth chew with incisors

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 906, Deleted member 1707, Romnel and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and Deleted member 906
I chew 13 pieces of falim at once

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: unluckylucky, bruh3610, Deleted member 906 and 1 other person
It’s outdated and too thick/hard for maxilla. Wait for V2.
Can't I just use it but thinner with dental silicone? Also, I don't even know how to make it.

• +1
Should i use my front teeth to chew then? Can i expect anything other than stronger jaw musles?
if you chew on your front teeth for several hours a day your midface will become for compact

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 906, CopeTilliRope, efidescontinuado and 2 others