Chewing Megathread

"Chewing" with front teeth would happen naturally when ripping apart something with the mouth, like a sheep leg or something like that
Also biting something in general, don't forget one of the deadliest weapons in our body are our teeth which would have been used in a wild fight without rules regurarly

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, DaGullas, Deleted member 906 and 3 others
if you chew on your front teeth for several hours a day your midface will become for compact

can you explain how tf chewing can make a midface shorter?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 906 and CopeTilliRope
LMAO bro
come discord

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and SoyGune
I love u retard <3

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 906 and retard
time to chew multiple gums simultenously on all teeth and give myself free surgery

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 17829, Gren and 3 others
if you chew on your front teeth for several hours a day your midface will become for compact

high iq contribution couldyou plz elaborate on that and what would be the best way to chew to theorically shorten a long midface? thanks

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906
anything for a wider bigonial?
I've got terrible masseter insertions i tried chewing last year on molars for 3 months but it made my jaw even more rounded only the middle part got wider not the lower part of my jaw

• +1
Should I chew with incisors even if I have an overbite won't that just make my midface longer by giving me the effect of jutting my jaw forward and downward?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Deleted member 906
Hey there, can chewing increase my midface length?

• +1
Recently there has been a lot of talk about incisor chewing, and prior to that k9 chewing, all of these serve separate purposes for the changes you are trying to achieve.

Chewing imo is the most underrated looksmax for how easy it is, it is very likely that you can remodel your bones in a relatively short period of time if you chew strenuously, the same mewers who will torture themselves for months on end getting the back third of the tongue up are ironically the same ones who pass up this giga easy looksmax. Chewing has the potential to remodel bone very fast due to the absurd amount of forces

The jaw elevator muscles develop the main forces used in mastication. The force generated during routine mastication of food such as carrots or meat is about 70 to 150 newtons (16 to 34 lbf). The maximum masticatory force in some people may reach up to 500 to 700 newtons (110 to 160 lbf). Being we are aspies and can chew 5+ pieces of hard ass falim, and build up the strength of our masseters from constant chewing, it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to exert 350+ Newtons of force per mastication.

To compare how significant this is maxilla protraction is generally done with 10 Newtons, and the tongue can exert around 5 while hard mewing, so it is safe to say that chewing is 60x more force than your tongue, making it an extremely potent change for actual bone change, many people when thinking of chewing only look at it as a way to build masseters, but this is simply a bonus.

Daily spurts of cyclic load caused sutural strain throughout the skull. The regime likely enhances suture growth and may be therapeutically useful. -https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6361671/

This means that sutural growth is possible from forces that only take place for few minutes a day, and sutural growth is essentially what you need to make change in bone, past age 12 the sutures begin mature (and while they dont fuse til very late in life, they become very hard to stimulate growth from), chewing opens up an opportunity with the insanely high forces as a gateway to awaken these dormant sutures.

While that should of provided some helpful background info on chewing, this is part of the thread that will help you actually change your bone, based on your method(s) of chewing, you can get any of the following assuming you follow the proper protocal:

Decreased midface length (or increase if your midface is overly compact)

Increasing orbitals more compact

Making cheekbones higherset

Increasing forward growth (maximizing really)

Can make your sutures more responsive to generating new growth

Remodels the jawbone itsself to be more robust

There is also the possibility of increasing the length of your maxilla laterally from some of @SayNoToRotting 's reported changing and some studies also talk about the association of masseter muscles and maxillary transverse width, but this might not be possible past the age where the midpalatal suture becomes dormant, as I do not think chewing directly will interfere with this suture, and that is the main hindering factor for transverse expansion (hence you get MSE to split this suture to allow for growth)

Since many of you retards suffer from the extreme disability of reading a thread past 100 words, i will list what you need to do for what changes, but if you are interested i will explain the mechanisms later on.

Decreasing midface length- chew with the incisors

Increasing midface length- chew with back molars

Making cheekbones higherset- chew with first molar to first premolar

Making orbitals more compact- chew with first molar to first premolar and incisors

Maximizing forward growth- chew with the incisors

Weakening sutures for moving the maxilla forward (will give much quicker mewing/facepulling results)- chew with incisors

Remodelling mandible to be more robust- any chewing method will give this change

You can combine methods as long as they dont contradict each other, incisor chewing vs back molar chewing, personally i will be chewing falim for one hour on incisors and one hour on my molar-premolar for an hour as well.

Mechanisms: Chewing on your incisors will apply an upward force to the anterior part of the maxilla inducing a CCW rotation, while inversely molar chewing will cause a CW maxilla rotation, CCW rotation will also move the orbitals upwards

The upper/middle part of the maxilla are located relatively at around the center of the maxilla (the center of resistance is here as well), meaning that for a upwards translation of the cheekbones you need to chew with the teeth located in the middle part of the maxilla, as tipping the ends will not influence the center, this is the same mechanism that pertains to the orbitals becoming more compact, as the maxilla translates upward, so do the orbitals and zygos which will lead to highset zygos + more compact orbitals

Since when developing we are lacking the support of the tongue which would cause us to grow vetically instead of forward, we all have a bit of CW rotation built into us, when there is CW rotation it lessens forward growth, by correcting it you will gain forward growth as well, it is similar to gaining height from fixing posture, you aren't actually growing, just maximizing what you have
View attachment 480037
the blackline is your maxilla, both lines have the same amount of pixels, yet when you rotate a heavily clockwise maxilla, just by default you will gain a ton of forward movement. (this was an exaggeration, you arent going to have this level of rotational change)

the mechanism behind the sutures being weakened is too complex to try to explain so

start chewing nibbas

How does this not fuck the mandible up?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: meryou, Potentialcel, Deleted member 906 and 1 other person
So basically Jawzrsize works?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 906, GigaMogger and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist, meryou, Deleted member 906 and 1 other person
if the bite itsself is asymmetrical than it might, but if its just bad occlusion i dont think it would
Bro i have shit cheekbones and long midface do i chew with my incisors then

• +1
Great post from retard. I can vouch for the validity of this post because my face has become way more masculine looking and robust after chewing 5 pieces of falim gum for 5 days a week for 45 minutes. That's 210 minutes in total, times that with 4-5 weeks (how long I've been doing it) that's a whole lot of chewing. My midface has shortened and my cheekbones have become more pronounced.
Do u chew with incisors

• +1
Do u chew with incisors
No I don't chew with incisions, that's one thing Im skeptical about from Retard. I chew with my molars and pre molars and sometimes my frontal teeth (Incisors etc)

• +1
@retard how does the mid face get decreased? like where does the reduced length come from? the philtrum becomes shorter or something?

• +1
@retard how does the mid face get decreased? like where does the reduced length come from? the philtrum becomes shorter or something?
bump would love more info on that especially the potential impact on midface lenght

• +1
nose + philtrum decrease

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ungewist, AscendingHero, Deleted member 5385 and 2 others

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Lmao, Deleted member 906 and 1 other person
Theoretically - yes

practically - maybe

jawrsize forces your jaws to separate a lot when chewing on it which could possibly present a problem long term

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and lordgandy2000
Theoretically - yes

practically - maybe

jawrsize forces your jaws to separate a lot when chewing on it which could possibly present a problem long term
sry to bother you again but what would you advise for someone looking especially to reduce midface lenght? any specific device ( jawrsize?) or chewing techniques ( are we suppose to chew with front teeth only?) that would potentially allow this midface reduction overtime?

I was looking for a surgeon to have my midface surgically impacted so knowing i could try something else before ould be lifefuel . thanks you so much

• +1
sry to bother you again but what would you advise for someone looking especially to reduce midface lenght? any specific device ( jawrsize?) or chewing techniques ( are we suppose to chew with front teeth only?) that would potentially allow this midface reduction overtime?

I was looking for a surgeon to have my midface surgically impacted so knowing i could try something else before ould be lifefuel . thanks you so much
yes incisor chewing with falim gum is probably the safest option, but jaw raise would also work assuming it didn’t cause other problems

• +1
Great post from retard. I can vouch for the validity of this post because my face has become way more masculine looking and robust after chewing 5 pieces of falim gum for 5 days a week for 45 minutes. That's 210 minutes in total, times that with 4-5 weeks (how long I've been doing it) that's a whole lot of chewing. My midface has shortened and my cheekbones have become more pronounced.
You are going to get tmj

• +1
were you specificallychewing with your front tooth and how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

• +1
Chewing wont affect your bones imo, but it does improves.your masseter muscles, which is a good thing(just look at pitt's masseters)

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, MissLexotan6MG, Mr.cope and 3 others

I bought Jawzrsize two weeks ago and i've been using it when I work out. Right now it's too early for results so in 2 weeks I'll give an update.

I had 3 levels: Easy, Medium, Heavy.

You'll get the best "workout" if you do some type of exercise that isn't cardio while chewing on it.

So for example, I do 10 push-ups. You should be chewing down on the jawzrsize when you do a push-up, so 10 chews. If you want to chew it twice per push-up then that's fine. The more you challenge yourself the more of a workout you will get.

And after each exercise, I would chew on the jawzrsize and bite down and stay in that position for a certain number of seconds. I noticed I get a better workout when doing this part, and even better if you bite it down while tilting your head all the way up, which will activate and burn the fat right under your chin.

The muscles that work are my mandibles on my cheeks, and if I hold it down while tilting my head up, my mandibles, my chin, and the sides of my neck. what you want is the burn you get when you're chewing on it.

If you mastered "Easy," then go to Medium, and to Heavy. Increase your reps with the Heavy and add more time to holding it down. The latter is the toughest part imo, as it challenges you to really bite down and hold that position, but it's a good workout imo.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: latino_, alriodai, SadnessWYJ and 2 others
You right son my jaw masseter muscle is 100% from chewmaxxing.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, animo123 and Deleted member 906
chewing legit with molars for
gonial angle and jaw muscle / definition
I chewed months with the left side falim for hours
and the left side is SIGNIFICANTLY longer on the ramus
then I chewed with both sides and the right side is beoming longer

I stopped because my jaw is becoming tooo squarish

I want to chew with premolars and inc.
Does this really help with undereye support?
And will the jaw muscles also be very activated? I don't want a more squarish face

• +1
Reactions: Usum, animo123 and Deleted member 906
chewing legit with molars for
gonial angle and jaw muscle / definition
I chewed months with the left side falim for hours
and the left side is SIGNIFICANTLY longer on the ramus
then I chewed with both sides and the right side is beoming longer

I stopped because my jaw is becoming tooo squarish

I want to chew with premolars and inc.
Does this really help with undereye support?
And will the jaw muscles also be very activated? I don't want a more squarish face
Under-eye support is given by the tongue. Chewing affects the lower third and the peripherals of the middle third.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, AscendingHero, Deleted member 906 and 1 other person
what would happen if u did this with braces on

• +1
Under-eye support is given by the tongue. Chewing affects the lower third and the peripherals of the middle third.
Whats your opinion on what OP wrote?

• +1
So by chewing with your incisors you are not applying any sort of force to the masseter muscle? Wouldn’t that cause the masseter muscle to weaken/decrease? Thus decreasing the mandibular mass??
also can you chew with your incisors when you have a overbite? Wouldn’t that just give the effect of jutting the jaw downward and thus making the midface longer?

Last edited:
  • +1
Whats your opinion on what OP wrote?
To begin with, I think it's difficult to chew "correctly" (that is, with balanced masticatory effort) when the occlusion is recessed, because the jaw dynamics which your recessed occlusion creates is both conducive to & the consequence of incorrect chewing. So you have to really actively fight against your natural chewing pattern in order to make a difference, which can be very fatiguing even when chewing regular foods. Many acquire TMD with chewing, as they are unwittingly enforcing their pre-existing dysfunctional chewing motorics, rather than fighting to create a new more functional pattern.

In terms of impacting the upper jaw, I think resting occlusion matters more than chewing. This is a similar dichotomy to swallowing vs static tongue posture. If swallowing helps, then should maintaining the tongue posture (=an "infinite swallow") not help further? Likewise, if chewing helps, then should a static hold not help even further? As we know, the forces that end up changing the bone do not need to be great, they only need to be sustained. A jaw posture in which all teeth up to the incisors are in contact with their opposites ends up creating an up- & forward force that will cause the alveolar bone to adapt over time (the mandible becomes a facepusher of sorts). I think chewing with particular teeth is a kind of distraction that may not end up having much significance. The underlying reasoning that is being expressed in the intuition to favor specific teeth is very much the aforementioned need to achieve a more functional chewing pattern... which, as I said, is better done by posturing than masticating.

Due to these reasons, I would first focus on getting the jaws in their proper position and only then focus on building mandibular mass with chewing.

A2fawfasf

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, fachero17, AscendingHero and 8 others
To begin with, I think it's difficult to chew "correctly" (that is, with balanced masticatory effort) when the occlusion is recessed, because the jaw dynamics which your recessed occlusion creates is both conducive to & the consequence of incorrect chewing. So you have to really actively fight against your natural chewing pattern in order to make a difference, which can be very fatiguing even when chewing regular foods. Many acquire TMD with chewing, as they are unwittingly enforcing their pre-existing dysfunctional chewing motorics, rather than fighting to create a new more functional pattern.

In terms of impacting the upper jaw, I think resting occlusion matters more than chewing. This is a similar dichotomy to swallowing vs static tongue posture. If swallowing helps, then should maintaining the tongue posture (=an "infinite swallow") not help further? Likewise, if chewing helps, then should a static hold not help even further? As we know, the forces that end up changing the bone do not need to be great, they only need to be sustained. A jaw posture in which all teeth up to the incisors are in contact with their opposites ends up creating an up- & forward force that will cause the alveolar bone to adapt over time (the mandible becomes a facepusher of sorts). I think chewing with particular teeth is a kind of distraction that may not end up having much significance. The underlying reasoning that is being expressed in the intuition to favor specific teeth is very much the aforementioned need to achieve a more functional chewing pattern... which, as I said, is better done by posturing than masticating.

Due to these reasons, I would first focus on getting the jaws in their proper position and only then focus on building mandibular mass with chewing.

View attachment 494946
thanks for giving your take on this

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, alriodai, AscendingHero and 1 other person
BRUTAL THIS GOT REMOVED FROM BEST OF THE BEST
I GUESS THIS IS COPE

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ungewist, MSEinvestigator, Usum and 4 others
Chewing with incisors to premolars squared my temples. Weird to see such attention on chewing thread ngl
I noticed this as well. Any idea why this happened after mewing?

• +1

View attachment 494946
I just can't have perfect bite because my incissors are bigger than rest of my teeth, so I have like 3 mm overbite, which shouldn't be big issue, or is it?

incissors are bigger than rest of my teeth, so I have like 3 mm overbite
Your incisors are over-erupted, which is a consequence of your overbite, rather than the cause. This is why all teeth have to be in contact lest over-eruption takes place. Eventually as the alveolar bone develops forward you acquire a natural edge-to-edge occlusion which will keep your front teeth at an even height.

View attachment 494946
extremelly interesting post . So according to you if someone is looking to theorically shorten his midface and " impact" his maxilla ovetime what should be the best tongue and " occlusion" posture to be looking for? light pressing the whole tongue on the roof of the mouth + keeping teeth together? I'm too low IQ to express my thought correctly but would highly appreciate if you could elaborate on that. thanks

extremelly interesting post . So according to you if someone is looking to theorically shorten his midface and " impact" his maxilla ovetime what should be the best tongue and " occlusion" posture to be looking for? light pressing the whole tongue on the roof of the mouth + keeping teeth together? I'm too low IQ to express my thought correctly but would highly appreciate if you could elaborate on that. thanks
Since John Mew is likely right in saying that the tongue doesn't cause forward growth, it should be helpful to first try to get jaw posture down with a fully relaxed tongue. and only then focus on the tongue. Asymmetric jaw posture produces asymmetric tongue posture because jaw is the foundation for the tongue, so how well the jaw is centered under the cranium will determine how symmetrically the tongue will exert force.

The teeth should be in firm contact and the load somewhat evently distributed across them. From this position, you should gently chin tuck so that your maxillary arch is pushed against your mandibular arch, while simultaneously using the mandible to push to the opposite direction as if through the maxillary arch. Done right, an upward & forward force vector against the maxillary teeth is produced, which should begin to push the alveolar process forward like happens with AGGA, only without causing the dysfunctionality the appliance does (because it's the actual intended way of triggering the mechanism).

Practicing this jaw posture while exercising may have a very stabilizing effect to your whole spine. You may come to understand how the hips and the jaws balance each other.

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, It'snotover, alriodai and 5 others
Since John Mew is likely right in saying that the tongue doesn't cause forward growth, it should be helpful to first try to get jaw posture down with a fully relaxed tongue. and only then focus on the tongue. Asymmetric jaw posture produces asymmetric tongue posture because jaw is the foundation for the tongue, so how well the jaw is centered under the cranium will determine how symmetrically the tongue will exert force.

The teeth should be in firm contact and the load somewhat evently distributed across them. From this position, you should gently chin tuck so that your maxillary arch is pushed against your mandibular arch, while simultaneously using the mandible to push to the opposite direction as if through the maxillary arch. Done right, an upward & forward force vector against the maxillary teeth is produced, which should begin to push the alveolar process forward like happens with AGGA, only without causing the dysfunctionality the appliance does (because it's the actual intended way of triggering the mechanism).

Practicing this jaw posture while exercising may have a very stabilizing effect to your whole spine. You may come to understand how the hips and the jaws balance each other.
thanks you so much for your answer, i know its probably a huge cope but before to try to get an impaction to shorten my midface i'm going to try more " natural" techniques. Any devices you would advise for someone looking to shorten his midface? maybe mse?

thanks you so much for your answer, i know its probably a huge cope but before to try to get an impaction to shorten my midface i'm going to try more " natural" techniques. Any devices you would advise for someone looking to shorten his midface? maybe mse?
Appliances are not my specialty, sorry. I agree that it's always good to find out what you can achieve naturally first before undergoing invasive procedures.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
Appliances are not my specialty, sorry. I agree that it's always good to find out what you can achieve naturally first before undergoing invasive procedures.
but do you really think its possible to see change on midface lenght overtime if you're past 25?( i'm 26 btw)

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
but do you really think its possible to see change on midface lenght overtime if you're past 25?( i'm 26 btw)
I don't believe in a long mid-face in the absolute sense of the word. Rather, it's an illusion that comes from lacking facial width and projection, as no one who has properly projecting jaws has the appearance of a long mid-face. The problem with a long mid-face is thus not an excess length, but a lack of dimension. Will you see changes that make your face look more compact? Yes, definitely.

• +1
Reactions: alriodai, Deleted member 12218, AscendingHero and 1 other person

if you do a chin tuck it isn’t only to the mandible that rotates but the maxilla as well, while it would apply a forward /upwards force if the maxilla maintained the its original resting position it would be that but since rotates proportionally it would still be an upwards only force

I also disagree with John mew on that the tongue doesnt cause forward growth, people with bruxism defined masticatory muscles with the jaws connected however they don’t forward growth mog the way that models who are fully mewing evident by their completely elevated hyoid bone that is tensed, Meghan roche and Rosie Huntington are examples of this, not to mention it is just too unlikely that the something else is responsible for forward growth when the tongue is capable of all the same forces of maxilla protraction devices just lower magnitude which is proven to cause growth

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, AscendingHero and unluckylucky
get falim gum and no its fine, crooked teeth are caused by sucking inwards on the maxillary teeth when improperly swallowing which overtime narrows the arch
Can you further explain what you meant by inward?

if you do a chin tuck it isn’t only to the mandible that rotates but the maxilla as well, while it would apply a forward /upwards force if the maxilla maintained the its original resting position it would be that but since rotates proportionally it would still be an upwards only force
It's hard for me to interpret this kind of a run-on sentence. Nothing should be rotating when you are chin tucking. You are straightening the spine, not bending it into hyperflexion.

people with bruxism defined masticatory muscles with the jaws connected however they don’t forward growth mog the way that models who are fully mewing evident by their completely elevated hyoid bone that is tensed
Some amount of bruxism is part of posture. Intense clenching, however, is usually a sign of postural failure, which in turn results in dysfunctional occlusal forces and the eventual TMD problems. The musculature surrounding the jaws will, when properly engaged, prevent excessive clenching from occurring. So I must ask: why would someone with bruxism mog a model whose anatomy is functioning correctly?

By adopting proper jaw & neck posture the tongue will naturally find itself in the roof of the mouth -- this will happen purely mechanistically without having to engage the tongue at all. This is why I am advicing not to initially focus on the tongue. If you are like me and have been hard mewing for years without proper jaw posture, at first anything you do with the tongue will only further prevent the jaw from working as intended. Together, the jaw and the neck establish a solid frame within which the tongue functions. Pushing hard with the tongue without increasing mandibular engagement in proportion will cause the tongue to overstep the boundaries of its frame, leading to postural dysfunction.

it is just too unlikely that the something else is responsible for forward growth when the tongue is capable of all the same forces of maxilla protraction devices just lower magnitude which is proven to cause growth
It is important to define what is meant by forward growth. The tongue will expand the mid-face to all directons, but it will not move the jaws forward. I am talking strictly about forward projection of the jaws.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, hairyballscel, Incoming and 1 other person