Chewing Megathread

im hearing clicking sounds when i open my mouth fully. im pretty sure its a sign of tmj. do you think i should still buy myself some falim gum in order to accelerate my mewing/thumbpulling progress? if im not mistaken, when youve expanded your maxilla enough, your tmj and any bruxism issues should go away.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist, MrGlutton and xdxdxnice1
It's hard for me to interpret this kind of a run-on sentence. Nothing should be rotating when you are chin tucking. You are straightening the spine, not bending it into hyperflexion.

Some amount of bruxism is part of posture. Intense clenching, however, is usually a sign of postural failure, which in turn results in dysfunctional occlusal forces and the eventual TMD problems. The musculature surrounding the jaws will, when properly engaged, prevent excessive clenching from occurring. So I must ask: why would someone with bruxism mog a model whose anatomy is functioning correctly?

By adopting proper jaw & neck posture the tongue will naturally find itself in the roof of the mouth -- this will happen purely mechanistically without having to engage the tongue at all. This is why I am advicing not to initially focus on the tongue. If you are like me and have been hard mewing for years without proper jaw posture, at first anything you do with the tongue will only further prevent the jaw from working as intended. Together, the jaw and the neck establish a solid frame within which the tongue functions. Pushing hard with the tongue without increasing mandibular engagement in proportion will cause the tongue to overstep the boundaries of its frame, leading to postural dysfunction.

It is important to define what is meant by forward growth. The tongue will expand the mid-face to all directons, but it will not move the jaws forward. I am talking strictly about forward projection of the jaws.
So would you say the steps would be:
1. Tooth together and correct bite.
2. Tongue posture.
3. Chin tuck.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
Your incisors are over-erupted, which is a consequence of your overbite, rather than the cause. This is why all teeth have to be in contact lest over-eruption takes place. Eventually as the alveolar bone develops forward you acquire a natural edge-to-edge occlusion which will keep your front teeth at an even height.
I don't understand, I can only make either front incisors to make contact or make contact with rest of my teeth, but then I have the 2-3mm overbite. So can you please tell me, what should I do (to me making contact with as much teeth possible makes more sense)? Also I feel like the big front incisors could be genetical, all of my sibling have it more or less (or it's the same enviroment, but some of my siblings are natural mewers and still have it, so unlikely imo).

So would you say the steps would be:
1. Tooth together and correct bite.
2. Tongue posture.
3. Chin tuck.
Correct occlusal forces occur together with correct head posture (= gentlechin tuck). Tongue posture forms as a consequence of these two.

I don't understand, I can only make either front incisors to make contact or make contact with rest of my teeth, but then I have the 2-3mm overbite. So can you please tell me, what should I do (to me making contact with as much teeth possible makes more sense)? Also I feel like the big front incisors could be genetical, all of my sibling have it more or less (or it's the same enviroment, but some of my siblings are natural mewers and still have it, so unlikely imo).
You don't need to keep the incisors in an edge-to-edge contact, touching the sides is enough. An edge-to-edge occlusion will eventually form, but first your alveolar ridge is going to have to develop forward. Just maximize your teeth contact.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, It'snotover, AscendingHero and 1 other person
Correct occlusal forces occur together with correct head posture (= gentlechin tuck). Tongue posture forms as a consequence of these two.

You don't need to keep the incisors in an edge-to-edge contact, touching the sides is enough. An edge-to-edge occlusion will eventually form, but first your alveolar ridge is going to have to develop forward. Just maximize your teeth contact.
I get it now, thanks.

What if i have naturally quite big masseters and have a tough diet? I'm kinda scared it'll be overdone and give me minecraft jaw

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ungewist, meryou, xdxdxnice1 and 1 other person
Since John Mew is likely right in saying that the tongue doesn't cause forward growth, it should be helpful to first try to get jaw posture down with a fully relaxed tongue. and only then focus on the tongue. Asymmetric jaw posture produces asymmetric tongue posture because jaw is the foundation for the tongue, so how well the jaw is centered under the cranium will determine how symmetrically the tongue will exert force.

The teeth should be in firm contact and the load somewhat evently distributed across them. From this position, you should gently chin tuck so that your maxillary arch is pushed against your mandibular arch, while simultaneously using the mandible to push to the opposite direction as if through the maxillary arch. Done right, an upward & forward force vector against the maxillary teeth is produced, which should begin to push the alveolar process forward like happens with AGGA, only without causing the dysfunctionality the appliance does (because it's the actual intended way of triggering the mechanism).

Practicing this jaw posture while exercising may have a very stabilizing effect to your whole spine. You may come to understand how the hips and the jaws balance each other.
Do you think it’s necessary to fix all postural imbalances before getting expansion to ensure that no asymmetries occur/become more apparent?

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: meryou and JizzFarmer
Do you think it’s necessary to fix all postural imbalances before getting expansion to ensure that no asymmetries occur/become more apparent?
Well asymmetric skeletal structure and asymmetric posture feed on each other, so I think it's a matter of personal preference. From where will you begin to untie the loop? That kind of thing.

• +1
Reactions: Basedtheticz and Incoming
My chin hurts when i chew. i started incisor chewing 5 days ago. is this normal?

get falim gum and no its fine, crooked teeth are caused by sucking inwards on the maxillary teeth when improperly swallowing which overtime narrows the arch
How do i not suck inwards? what do you mean by that

Got TMJ, i started thinking about roping at least one eye have almost less 80% UUE,no circles or bags under it, i will go untill i get one hunter eye before buying rope

• +1
Got TMJ, i started thinking about roping at least one eye have almost less 80% UUE,no circles or bags under it, i will go untill i get one hunter eye before buying rope
Man wt you even trynna say

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
Man wt you even trynna say
I chewed too much, leading to an extreme case of temporomandibular joint, i begin thinking and considering buy a rope and doing ahanged man knot on it so i can warp around my neck ,however, at minimum, my left eyes that was bulging, looking like bug eyes, got deeper, the upper eye lids exposure decreased by 80 percent, giving me an eye similiar to the famous model francisco lachowski ,i will continue chewing and pushing through the pain until i achieve a hunter eye on my left eye, like the famous Australian model Jordan barrett as you can see in the following picture, after i achieve my goal i will purchase a rope to murder my self

Attachments

• 47B9537F00000578-5230393-Posed_While_Rodrigo_admitted_that_he_wasn_t_trying_to_be_an_exac-a-57...jpg
    47B9537F00000578-5230393-Posed_While_Rodrigo_admitted_that_he_wasn_t_trying_to_be_an_exac-a-57...jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 94
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: alriodai, Deleted member 17829, Lmao and 4 others
I chewed too much, leading to an extreme case of temporomandibular joint, i begin thinking and considering buy a rope and doing ahanged man knot on it so i can warp around my neck ,however, at minimum, my left eyes that was bulging, looking like bug eyes, got deeper, the upper eye lids exposure decreased by 80 percent, giving me an eye similiar to the famous model francisco lachowski ,i will continue chewing and pushing through the pain until i achieve a hunter eye on my left eye, like the famous Australian model Jordan barrett as you can see in the following picture, after i achieve my goal i will purchase a rope to murder my self
my nigga, you a good man. But I dn read

I tried falim when you posted this thread ages ago, but it almost ruined my front two teeth, it made them seperate a little, had to wear my retainer for the first time in years for a week to fix. So I bought jawlineme or some shit (cheap jawsrsize, still for incisor), It's gonna arrive in the next week or two, so I have another question; What changes will be seen first, in theory? The bone related or muscle related (masseters), my masseters are almost ideal, just need a little more growth, but the actual CCW rotation, and orbitals moving up would be ideal. I'm also doing your squinchmaxxing proticol and @NoBonezForMoanz hoodmaxxing - so really focusing on looksmaxxing atm (more than usual i guess)

• +1
Reactions: Usum
I tried falim when you posted this thread ages ago, but it almost ruined my front two teeth, it made them seperate a little, had to wear my retainer for the first time in years for a week to fix. So I bought jawlineme or some shit (cheap jawsrsize, still for incisor), It's gonna arrive in the next week or two, so I have another question; What changes will be seen first, in theory? The bone related or muscle related (masseters), my masseters are almost ideal, just need a little more growth, but the actual CCW rotation, and orbitals moving up would be ideal. I'm also doing your squinchmaxxing proticol and @NoBonezForMoanz hoodmaxxing - so really focusing on looksmaxxing atm (more than usual i guess)
Brow ridge was the first change for me as it started developing after 2 weeks of chewing and so were the masseters

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Usum and SteveRogers
Brow ridge was the first change for me as it started developing after 2 weeks of chewing and so were the masseters
Sick, well I already have a good browridge, but I wouldn't complain with more development

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892
Sick, well I already have a good browridge, but I wouldn't complain with more development
I don’t know what effect it will have on you though. I was 15 and I had literally NO brow ridge and no bone mass there and after 2 weeks of chewing I could feel it

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
I don’t know what effect it will have on you though. I was 15 and I had literally NO brow ridge and no bone mass there and after 2 weeks of chewing I could feel it
Ahh ok, yeah I'm not expecting too much, I'm 20.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892
@retard You should ask Dr Mike Jew about your theory

Does chewing on canines have the same affects as incisors? @retard

• +1
not sure if placebo, but my philtrum seems shorter after doing this
@retard you are a life saver

• +1
Reactions: Usum
What should I do about an uneven mandible?

The ramus and forward projection are longer on one side then the other. I'm only able to chew 1-2 falims without cold water before there is any clicking on one side while the other side I can chew with no problem. My best workaround to give each side tension was to get Chisell. This works perfect for molars but the uneveness of my jaw shows when I push them to the premolars as I can see they are definitely uneven and I can feel the tension is uneven also.

My maxilla appears to be normal. It's just the mandible that's uneven.

Last edited:
wow just found out that I had been cucking myself all this my chewing with my molars instead my incisors.

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator and Deleted member 17829
i just want a big masseter muscle,,so a just need to chew with only my molars?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522
Will chewing worsen my overbite?

i just want a big masseter muscle,,so a just need to chew with only my molars?
Yes. You will get results in a month. Make sure you take before and after pics to measure it though. Good luck :)

the center of resistance of the maxilla is in the center, so when you push upwards on the back it tips the frontal side down increasing the forward distance the maxilla occupies which then manipulates the soft tissues in a way that makes the midface longer
nooo...when you push upwards on the back forces are extended throughout the whole skull not just the maxilla. why would the maxilla act as sole bone alone out in the wild away from all the other connected bones to it rather than a bone thats literally suturally connected with a whole bunch of other facial bones. i dont understand this theory. why would the front of the maxilla rotate cw but the back ccw, it doesnt make sense to me and all the time i have been reading about the skull i have never once heard of this. Also all of the before afters iv seen where they adopted chewing to their lifestyle had shortened their midface. can you link any other studies other than the one you linked at the beginning supporting your claim.

• Hmm...
Reactions: meryou
the teeth acts as a medium to transport the force to the maxilla so in a way you could say that but indirectly
yes but not JUST the maxilla

Incisor chewing puts pressure on the front of the maxilla, imagine the frontal part being pushed up while the back part is pushed down, this causes CCW. I chewed with my incisors and within 30 minutes i felt extreme pressure around my nose, gums, brow and a little bit at my cheekbones.

As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards

This proves that as you chew more with molars, your masseters increase in size and cause the frontal part of the maxilla to shift downards which will cause your midface to be longer, this is CW rotation which is needed for some people
that study proves shit. incisor chewing just ruins the alveolar bone there. no way i believe that forces powerful enough to change the maxilla wouldnt fuck the alveolar bone at the front. i want further proof of this not "if you think about it it makes sense"

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: meryou, goat2x and hairyballscel
if you chew on your front teeth for several hours a day your midface will become for compact
no it fucking wont. You will a) destroy your tmj intercorrelation with the mandible condyles b) wear out alveolar bone at the front and c) tip your front teeth outwards forever.

show me more evidence of your claim

• Ugh..
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: It'snotover, MissLexotan6MG, Deleted member 5385 and 3 others
Theoretically - yes

practically - maybe

jawrsize forces your jaws to separate a lot when chewing on it which could possibly present a problem long term
it has literally been debunked that it ruins you tmj

• +1
I don't believe in a long mid-face in the absolute sense of the word. Rather, it's an illusion that comes from lacking facial width and projection, as no one who has properly projecting jaws has the appearance of a long mid-face. The problem with a long mid-face is thus not an excess length, but a lack of dimension. Will you see changes that make your face look more compact? Yes, definitely.
ok from this i can now disvalidate all your previous replies. your delusional if you think to some extend interpupillart distance isnt genetic. some extreme forward grown humans can still have a long midface.

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
It's hard for me to interpret this kind of a run-on sentence. Nothing should be rotating when you are chin tucking. You are straightening the spine, not bending it into hyperflexion.

Some amount of bruxism is part of posture. Intense clenching, however, is usually a sign of postural failure, which in turn results in dysfunctional occlusal forces and the eventual TMD problems. The musculature surrounding the jaws will, when properly engaged, prevent excessive clenching from occurring. So I must ask: why would someone with bruxism mog a model whose anatomy is functioning correctly?

By adopting proper jaw & neck posture the tongue will naturally find itself in the roof of the mouth -- this will happen purely mechanistically without having to engage the tongue at all. This is why I am advicing not to initially focus on the tongue. If you are like me and have been hard mewing for years without proper jaw posture, at first anything you do with the tongue will only further prevent the jaw from working as intended. Together, the jaw and the neck establish a solid frame within which the tongue functions. Pushing hard with the tongue without increasing mandibular engagement in proportion will cause the tongue to overstep the boundaries of its frame, leading to postural dysfunction.

It is important to define what is meant by forward growth. The tongue will expand the mid-face to all directons, but it will not move the jaws forward. I am talking strictly about forward projection of the jaws.
if the midface gets expanded then the jaws are moves forward as well...

that study proves shit. incisor chewing just ruins the alveolar bone there. no way i believe that forces powerful enough to change the maxilla wouldnt fuck the alveolar bone at the front. i want further proof of this not "if you think about it it makes sense"

Potentialcel
Trainee

Joined Oct 13, 2020
Posts 23 Reputation 3
Time online 17h 37m

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'8manlet, Deleted member 5385 and retard
@Potentialcel keep barking you haven't disproved anyone you replied to

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385 and retard
Rip everyones teeth in this thread
Let me know when they start deteriorating

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 5385 and Deleted member 10107
nooo...when you push upwards on the back forces are extended throughout the whole skull not just the maxilla. why would the maxilla act as sole bone alone out in the wild away from all the other connected bones to it rather than a bone thats literally suturally connected with a whole bunch of other facial bones. i dont understand this theory. why would the front of the maxilla rotate cw but the back ccw, it doesnt make sense to me and all the time i have been reading about the skull i have never once heard of this. Also all of the before afters iv seen where they adopted chewing to their lifestyle had shortened their midface. can you link any other studies other than the one you linked at the beginning supporting your claim.
Bro wtf did I just wake up to 😂

Before you write an essay barking you should atleast understand the basic physics behind it

go pick up a pencil and hold it with two fingers in the middle of it, if you push up on the back of it, the front portion is shifted down, this is a clockwise rotation, if you push upwards on the front half (incisor chewing) the front half is (obviously) pushed upwards, making a counter clockwise rotation, which decreases midface length due to everyone (except for half mewers @Copemaxxing) since they have some extent of CW rotation built into them, and by neutralizing it you increase its forward projection while reducing its vertical length

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, alriodai, Deleted member 5385 and 2 others
wow just found out that I had been cucking myself all this my chewing with my molars instead my incisors.
so you read one i
@Potentialcel keep barking you haven't disproved anyone you replied to
WHEN SOMEONE MAKES AN ARGUMENT THEY NEED TO PROVE IT YOU IDIOT. ITS NOT MY JOB TO DISPROVE IT.

IMAGINE IF I TOLD YOU I CAN JUMP 100 METRES UP. I HAVE TO PROVE IT NOT FOR YOU TO DISPROVE IT

Before you write an essay barking you should atleast understand the basic physics behind it

go pick up a pencil and hold it with two fingers in the middle of it, if you push up on the back of it, the front portion is shifted down, this is a clockwise rotation, if you push upwards on the front half (incisor chewing) the front half is (obviously) pushed upwards, making a counter clockwise rotation, which decreases midface length due to everyone (except for half mewers @Copemaxxing) since they have some extent of CW rotation built into them, and by neutralizing it you increase its forward projection while reducing its vertical length
thats not how the maxilla acts in the skull, until you prove your argument im not debunking your "physics" claim..waste of time

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Mr.cope, Madhate, Deleted member 5385 and 1 other person
thats not how the maxilla acts in the skull, until you prove your argument im not debunking your "physics" claim..waste of time
explain to me how the “maxilla works in the skull then” jfl

explain to me how the “maxilla works in the skull then” jfl
again, its not my job to disprove your argument its yours to prove it, which you wont be able to, cause its not true

• Ugh..
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: meryou, Deleted member 3323, Deleted member 5385 and 1 other person
Isn't molar chewing the most optimal? It would seem so just from basic logic. Molar teeth are bigger and are situated deeper within your skull, therefore it will have more force and power than you'd have if you chewed with incisors. Chewing with bigger, stronger teeth would result in being able to chew your food into smaller pieces and therefore making it easier for the rest of your body to break it down and process it. Molar chewing seems the most natural and healthy if you ask me.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend and Potentialcel

Comparing a weak pencil to fused bone

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: meryou and Potentialcel
just crush ur midface theory

• JFL
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro
Comparing a weak pencil to fused bone
i was gonna have a discussion if it seemed appropriate but too low iq to explain mechanics and interconnectivity in the skull, waste of time

• JFL
Reactions: retard
Repost that Itaian model on Instagram/tik-tok or whatever that got to ogre tier with chewing please. Can’t find him anymore

Repost that Itaian model on Instagram/tik-tok or whatever that got to ogre tier with chewing please. Can’t find him anymore
i think that guy got jaw implants looks way too unnatural to be real

i was gonna have a discussion if it seemed appropriate but too low iq to explain mechanics and interconnectivity in the skull, waste of time
no you don’t understand how the mechanisms work yourself retard

the face adheres to the same laws of physics that dictate everything else in this world, not muh potentialcel’s theories that come from r/mewing :feelskek:

• +1
Reactions: meryou and Deleted member 5385