Chewing: with opened or closed mouth?

K

kantero

Bronze
Should i chew with closed or opened mouth? I ask this because i saw some people claiming that when you chew with opened mouth your buccinators dont work and you get less bloated/chipmunk looks because of buccinators atrophy.

Definitely with your mouth closed, lord mew said so.

is chewing needed?

Mouth closed because it engages more muscle. If you have your mouth open (not only does it look disgusting) it neglects the muscles in your lip/the front of your mouth. If you chew with your mouth closed, literally all lower facial muscles get engaged which causes them to develop a lot more improving your facial aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 206
Happy7

I have very small mouth so when chew keep mouth slightly open. I rarely have mouth close as I have big teeth + small mouth so hard to keep clothes. Lips usually slightly parted at all times.

@AstroSky open mouth chews and is a mewing god

well i know they are supposed to be closed and open during certain times of chewing, but we really dont know what is best.

i guess if you are a closed mouth chewer, try to engage the least amount of philtrum muscle as possible because it can probably stretch. (not by much, dont worry but i think it does stretch)