Chin Wing a good idea?

D

Deleted member 10709

Master
Does chin wing make the chin longer and add some downward growth? Have a long philtrum so in theory if i lengthened my chin it should negate that issue because it improves the ratio?

Is chin wing safe and what are the chances it gets botched? Are there any alternatives that might be better?

Also, best way to get rid of acne scars?

Attachments

• 20201115_013014.jpg
    20201115_013014.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 20201115_012906.jpg
    20201115_012906.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 90

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
fix overbite before you think about implants

fix overbite before you think about implants
Spoke to someone and they said I didn't have a dramatic overbite, it covers around 1/3 of my bottom teeth which is within normal range apparently. Basically said I don't need it sorted out. Might wait to check in-person but apparently it's a non-issue.

Imo fix lip seal rather than focus on chin length. Would make your chin look better and you'd look more symmetrical

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10709
Imo fix lip seal rather than focus on chin length. Would make your chin look better and you'd look more symmetrical
Best way to fix that? Have no clue what that means if I'm honest

Best way to fix that? Have no clue what that means if I'm honest
Whatever method would fix your overbite. Whoever told you it isn't a big deal sounds blue pilled. Fix jaw/teeth problems and your lips should correct themselves to be naturally situated perpendicular of eachother. I don't know if you mouth breathe, but don't. Tape your mouth shut at night if you have to, shit will ruin your teeth and any forward growth potential

Whatever method would fix your overbite. Whoever told you it isn't a big deal sounds blue pilled. Fix jaw/teeth problems and your lips should correct themselves to be naturally situated perpendicular of eachother. I don't know if you mouth breathe, but don't. Tape your mouth shut at night if you have to, shit will ruin your teeth and any forward growth potential
So my front teeth are supposed to sit on top of eachother? That doesn't seem right to me, my teeth would just grind against eachother, surely? The top front teeth should overlap the bottom front teeth and the molars should sit together is what I've been told. The guy I spoke to was a dentist.

EDIT: Looked more closely at the pic and you're right about my top lip overlapping. Gonna do some more research into. Don't know whether I'll be recommended anything other than braces for that though, because it seems pretty minor

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Carolus
So my front teeth are supposed to sit on top of eachother? That doesn't seem right to me, my teeth would just grind against eachother, surely? The top front teeth should overlap the bottom front teeth and the molars should sit together is what I've been told. The guy I spoke to was a dentist.

EDIT: Looked more closely at the pic and you're right about my top lip overlapping. Gonna do some more research into. Don't know whether I'll be recommended anything other than braces for that though, because it seems pretty minor
Well just make sure it's not retractive orthodontics i.e. extractions, elastics, basically ANYTHING that will make your teeth move back. You need to be careful here. Good, do your research and find out what could work in your situation. Braces could fix the issue, assuming the upper lip will then move back a little due to fixing the overbite.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10709