Clear and Glowing Skin: a Guide for Men

Tricky

Tricky

Resident Professor
Your Face is really important. Like, really important. How your Face appears is one of the most important factors for women in determining how attractive you are. While the bone structure cannot be changed without surgery, having clear and glowing skin is perhaps the second most important factor in your overall appeal. This guide will cover some of fundamental steps you can take to improve your appeal, and also some basic tips and guidelines. While this list isn't comprehensive, it will definitely bump up your SMV, especially if you haven't been doing any of this stuff before.

Fundamentals of Skin Care
  1. Wash your damn face. Twice daily, use a washcloth to scrub that shit down. The goal is to remove the dead skin cells and other “gunk” that has accumulated on your face, potentially causing any Acne related breakouts.
  2. Quit Soda. Many people with Acne find that their constant breakouts are partly caused by all the excess sugar they consume.
  3. Change your pillowcase at least once a week. All the sweat and bacteria accumulates over time, and could cause breakouts and blemishes in your skin.
  4. Quit Smoking and consuming Narcotics. This may be a tough habit to break, but I promise that your body will thank you for it.
By this point, you’ve probably noticed that your skin is looking much better, especially if you haven’t been doing these things on a regular basis. If you’re still unsatisfied after a few weeks with those results, then move onto the Intermediate phase.

Intermediate Skin Care (Includes the things mentioned above)
  1. Separate your routine into Morning and Night phases. If you go to the gym, and know you’ll shower afterwards, try to follow your routine after the shower to prevent all your hard work getting rinsed off.
  2. Your Morning phase should include a Moisturizer. While this may feel counterintuitive (I’m putting oils on the face, the same thing that causes Acne), It’s actually not. The oils themselves don’t cause Acne, it’s the bacteria and grime that cause the breakout.
  3. Your Evening phase should include a general blemish prevention chemical. I’ll quickly run through the two most popular active ingredients and what they do
    -Salicylic Acid: Can come in “pads”, good for exfoliating the skin and reducing redness.
    -Benzoyl Peroxide: Antibacterial, works well with mild to severe Acne. Unless you have sensitive skin, purchase a 10% product and apply a light layer over top your face, excluding the area around your eyes.
Advanced Skin Care Options (Including the things mentioned above)
  1. For severe Acne, Minocycline can be used as an antibiotic to prevent the infection of your skin.
  2. A 30,000IU dosage of Beta Carotene daily over the course of 12 weeks has been shown to improve the attractiveness of skin on caucasian males. Don’t go overboard on this stuff, more is definitely not better. Pic:
  3. Consider Concealer for any dark circles under your eyes. Remember, less is more. If you have heavy wrinkles, consider applying Translucent Setting Powder after you apply your Concealer. This will smooth out any lines and prevent dirt/grime from becoming stuck.
  4. If you have heavy wrinkles under your eyes, consider an Eye Cream to tighten and smooth them.
  5. If all else fails, contact your Doctor about prescription Acne medications.

That’s it guys, I hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or @Nibba for help, who I couldn’t have made this guide without.

Citations:
https://www.aad.org/public/skin-hair-nails/skin-care/skin-care-for-men
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583892/

• +1
Reactions: h7seyn, zura, AscendingHero and 6 others
This is a list off what I do

Cleanser (am/pm): neautrogena oil free acne wash

Moisturizer 1 (daytime) jergens natural glow for light to medium skin tones

Moisturizer 2 (night): avene antirougers moisturizer (expensive)

Exfoliator (nightly w/avene antirougers): adapalene gel/creme .10% Rx only

Nightly minocycline, multivitamin (to keep minerals and vitamins in balance which can help skin)

I change pillow cases every night and I will be taking 20k-30k IU of beta carotene for skin glow and carotenoid tan (most attractive skin tone)

I use a safety razor to shave (less passes = less irritation)

if you have acne scars, large pores, or uneven skintone look into dermastamping (pm for details)

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 6401
I posted this yesterday on the skin megathread but it went unnoticed so asking again.

Does losing body fat make your skin look better? I mean I feel that at low bf your skin might be tighter so any scars and unevenness will be less visible due to the stretching or is this cope? @Tricky @Nibba

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 1751 and Deleted member 6401
Does megadosing Vitamin C help? Or is it just a meme from Lookism

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I posted this yesterday on the skin megathread but it went unnoticed so asking again.

Does losing body fat make your skin look better? I mean I feel that at low bf your skin might be tighter so any scars and unevenness will be less visible due to the stretching or is this cope? @Tricky @Nibba

That's a really good question. The only way to know for sure is to cut down to a low body-fat and observe. There are other ways to deal with scars and unevenness, so keep that in mind.
@x69 Most of the clinical trials I've seen are on people aged 50+, but it has been shown to reduce wrinkles and lines in humans. I'd give it a shot, try around 20% to get started, take pictures every week for at least 8 weeks.

Link to study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed...AND+51[page]+AND+2012[pdat]&cmd=detailssearch

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and 11gaijin
The number one product for skin that will sort out all of your issues (short of accutane-tier cystic acne) is .05% retin-a + sunscreen. Get on that shit immediately.

@Tricky that study has to do with topical vitamin C/skin serums. I think x69 is talking about taking 2000 mg vitamin C orally like they say on lookism. I personally think that it works because it helps you drop water weight. Vitamin C is a natural diuretic. Another really important looksmax is adequate water consumption. Buy a 1-L jug and keep it filled all the time. Water is super important for good skin and for shedding bloat.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
This is a list off what I do

Cleanser (am/pm): neautrogena oil free acne wash

Moisturizer 1 (daytime) jergens natural glow for light to medium skin tones

Moisturizer 2 (night): avene antirougers moisturizer (expensive)

Exfoliator (nightly w/avene antirougers): adapalene gel/creme .10% Rx only

Nightly minocycline, multivitamin (to keep minerals and vitamins in balance which can help skin)

I change pillow cases every night and I will be taking 20k-30k IU of beta carotene for skin glow and carotenoid tan (most attractive skin tone)

I use a safety razor to shave (less passes = less irritation)

if you have acne scars, large pores, or uneven skintone look into dermastamping (pm for details)
I have acne scars the post inflammatory ethyrema one I have been using tretenoin for about 2 weeks and basic skincare along with sunscreen. I need suggestion how can i make them fade faster keeping in mind im still in puberty.