Collagen maxing guide

ubermesnch like @badg96 have shit skin and still slay

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
I’ve used 0.5 mm for half a year or more so I was thinking maybe it’s time to jump to something like 0.75 mm or more.

Personally I have been using 1.5mm on my face and getting results. My thinking is you will get better results by reaching down deeper in the dermis (I know needle length of 1.5mm helped with hair growth more in my case). I think longer than 1.5mm on the face too much may be overkill though.

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
Personally I have been using 1.5mm on my face and getting results. My thinking is you will get better results by reaching down deeper in the dermis (I know needle length of 1.5mm helped with hair growth more in my case). I think longer than 1.5mm on the face too much may be overkill though.
Very interesting indeed. Did you slowly build up to this level starting with 0.25mm and over the months or years finally end up at 1.5 mm? Also, if using 1.5mm, how long do you rest in between sessions? Also, inbetween these sessions do you utilize the smaller derma roller size like a 0.5 mm as well? Why did you decide to go with this size and what extra benefits do you receive from this over the other sizes? Do you have studies to back up your reasoning or is this basically a trial or experiment on your own face? Did you have any damage or negative side effects from using the 1.5 mm? Which brand are you using. Do you use microneedling for the scalp or just a regular dermaroller?

I have been derma rolling for 6 months on my face and microneedling for a year on my scalp.

For my face I started with a 0.25 and went with 3 days rest between sessions. I did this for about a month. I upgraded to the 0.5 mm size and rested for about a week between sessions. I did this for 3 months then took a two week rest then I started using 0.5mm and the 0.25 mm combined as I would use the 0.5 mm every other week and wait 3 days before using the 0.25 mm. I've done this for another 2 months. I'm about to start using a deeper size and considering just going with the 0.75 mm first. I have slight scaring on my temples which most people don't even notice but I do and noticeable pores on my nose when within 3 feet of another person. The size of these have decreased with dermarolling but if I can shrink them even more that would be great.

My plan is to continue routine treatments based and continue to increase the size over time but with each increase in size I will increase the length of time for recovery in between sessions. I will also continue to to utilize everything in my tool box for increasing recovery and increasing the speed of collagen production including diet (many raw organic various fruits and veggies), white tea, manuka honey face mask, great sleep, grounding, etc.

I believe after 3 years or whenever I reach my final desired results I will then proceed to scale back the size and frequency to just maintain my results. Perahps back to 0.5mm just once every other week or maybe once a month depending on how well the skin responds.

My results so far have been good but not spectacular. So far here's my results:

1.) Decrease in pore size (25-30%)
2.) Decrease in acne (90%) only a few blemishes on my chin once in a blue moon
3.) More even tone
4.) Smile lines gone
5.) Scaring on temples nearly gone but noticeable when very close
6.) Overall skin appearance and look has improved greatly.

It is my belief that I'm just starting this journey and that I have many more positive gains to receive by remaining consistent and continuing to increase the size slowly over time while managing proper rest recovery and in between maintenance.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1, PYT, Lawton88 and 1 other person
Very interesting indeed. Did you slowly build up to this level starting with 0.25mm and over the months or years finally end up at 1.5 mm? Also, if using 1.5mm, how long do you rest in between sessions? Also, inbetween these sessions do you utilize the smaller derma roller size like a 0.5 mm as well? Why did you decide to go with this size and what extra benefits do you receive from this over the other sizes? Do you have studies to back up your reasoning or is this basically a trial or experiment on your own face? Did you have any damage or negative side effects from using the 1.5 mm? Which brand are you using. Do you use microneedling for the scalp or just a regular dermaroller?

I have been derma rolling for 6 months on my face and microneedling for a year on my scalp.

For my face I started with a 0.25 and went with 3 days rest between sessions. I did this for about a month. I upgraded to the 0.5 mm size and rested for about a week between sessions. I did this for 3 months then took a two week rest then I started using 0.5mm and the 0.25 mm combined as I would use the 0.5 mm every other week and wait 3 days before using the 0.25 mm. I've done this for another 2 months. I'm about to start using a deeper size and considering just going with the 0.75 mm first. I have slight scaring on my temples which most people don't even notice but I do and noticeable pores on my nose when within 3 feet of another person. The size of these have decreased with dermarolling but if I can shrink them even more that would be great.

My plan is to continue routine treatments based and continue to increase the size over time but with each increase in size I will increase the length of time for recovery in between sessions. I will also continue to to utilize everything in my tool box for increasing recovery and increasing the speed of collagen production including diet (many raw organic various fruits and veggies), white tea, manuka honey face mask, great sleep, grounding, etc.

I believe after 3 years or whenever I reach my final desired results I will then proceed to scale back the size and frequency to just maintain my results. Perahps back to 0.5mm just once every other week or maybe once a month depending on how well the skin responds.

3.) More even tone
4.) Smile lines gone

It is my belief that I'm just starting this journey and that I have many more positive gains to receive by remaining consistent and continuing to increase the size slowly over time while managing proper rest recovery and in between maintenance.
Does derma get rid of naso folds?

3.) More even tone
4.) Smile lines gone

I used a 1mm for 2 times then jumped to a 1.5 mm -I did the 1.5 mm about every 2 weeks for like 3 months if I remember correctly. I now only roll the face once every 2 months for maintenance.

I used a 1mm for 2 times then jumped to a 1.5 mm -I did the 1.5 mm about every 2 weeks for like 3 months if I remember correctly. I now only roll the face once every 2 months for maintenance.

Damn that's an extreme movement up in size. What were your results?

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
Does derma get rid of naso folds?
I've never researched this so that's on you to find out. It does help with deep scars and wrinkles so potentially this could help.

• +1
Reactions: zeke714
The best skin routine I've found is the following simple routine:
Retin a
High quality moisturizer with hyaluronic acid + niacinimides twice a day
Aloe vera after shaving 2-3 times a week.
Red light therapy every day 20 minutes.
Liberal use of sunscreen + when you want to take the sunscreen off do an oil cleanse with olive oil left on the face for 1 minute.
Eating an orange a day.
Drink lots of water.
Exercise every day.
Meditate.
Try to be happy or at least, not depressed.

Don't be fat. Don't be anorexic.
Don't eat junk food.
Don't be depressed. Don't dwell on the future. Don't dwell on the past. These metaphysical habits decrease cortisol which improve skin texture.
DONT dermaroll. It causes microscopic scar tissue which reduces levels of collagen and elastin long term. Short term you might have some gain. Also, jfl at some stacylites in my class who clearly dermaroll with 1.5mm and end up looking like hyper allergic demons fresh out of the depths of hell.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: infini, D3v, looksseg and 6 others
Retin a
Liberal use of sunscreen + when you want to take the sunscreen off do an oil cleanse with olive oil left on the face for 1 minute.
Eating an orange a day.
Drink lots of water.
Exercise every day.
Meditate.

Don't eat junk food.
Don't be depressed. Don't dwell on the future. Don't dwell on the past. These metaphysical habits decrease cortisol which improve skin texture.
DONT dermaroll. It causes microscopic scar tissue which reduces levels of collagen and elastin long term. Short term you might have some gain. Also, jfl at some stacylites in my class who clearly dermaroll with 1.5mm and end up looking like hyper allergic demons fresh out of the depths of hell.
wow did not know this

Its helped. Skin is a little more youthful looking.
Awesome, I'm bumping up to 0.75 mm next week. I suppose I'm a little more carefull or conservative than you but I know my skin is very sensitive.

• +1
  • +1
Do you have any other skincare routine aside from dermarolling?

Not really - mostly just take supplements orally and maintenance dermaroll now.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
How do you mix minoxidil in that routine?

I would neither recommend sunscreen, retina nor dermarolling.

Sunscreen and retina are toxic and your liver will constantly have to work to get that stuff out of your system. Also your skin won't age from the sun unless you are a middle eastern farmer who works 8hours+ in the sun daily for years and years. Sun damage is a totally exaggerated topic. They'll show you people like that truck driver and then tell you even minimal sun exposure will age skin.
Do you really think our skin cannot handle some sun, which is the environment we as humans evolved in, and will get damaged easily? It takes a lot of strong midday sun (depending on your pigmentation too) to actually damage your skin. Just with almost everything too much is bad.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: looksseg, noodlelover, AscendingHero and 1 other person

Sunscreen and retina are toxic and your liver will constantly have to work to get that stuff out of your system. Also your skin won't age from the sun unless you are a middle eastern farmer who works 8hours+ in the sun daily for years and years. Sun damage is a totally exaggerated topic. They'll show you people like that truck driver and then tell you even minimal sun exposure will age skin.
Do you really think our skin cannot handle some sun, which is the environment we as humans evolved in, and will get damaged easily? It takes a lot of strong midday sun (depending on your pigmentation too) to actually damage your skin. Just with almost everything too much is bad.
Legit, even most cleanser, moisturizer, serums and other skincare products are full of toxic stuff. It just fucks with your health and often iritates your skin aswell. Men in the past didn't use any of this

I switched my routine to this:
Morning: -
Night:
Cool water
2x/week: exfoliate with brush + tretinoin 0,025% (I'd say in moderation it's worth it)
Coconut oil (not sure yet which the best natural moisturizer is)

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 12216 and AscendingHero

Legit, even most cleanser, moisturizer, serums and other skincare products are full of toxic stuff. It just fucks with your health and often iritates your skin aswell. Men in the past didn't use any of this

Night:
Cool water
2x/week: exfoliate with brush + tretinoin 0,025% (I'd say in moderation it's worth it)
Legit legit, i will be focusing on diet and overall health for skin, things like aloe vera and red light therapy can help. Totally with you against the sunscreen and retin a.

Why not dermarolling lol. Also the evidence based collagen guide in botb mogs this one imo, god tier skin guide, aswell as thom strijd maxxing thread.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend and Deleted member 12216
dermarolling 1mm 1 time weekly
Bovine: 200mg / kg of body weight
Red light therapy: 15-30minutes daily
Aloe vera (topically or oral, although topical seems to have almost no irritation)

This+meat maxxing +beef liver & eating fruits for the vitamin c is my skin maxxing thread.

Anybody have any recommends for cleansing and exfoliating w/o too much toxic substances + and is effective?

Legit legit, i will be focusing on diet and overall health for skin, things like aloe vera and red light therapy can help. Totally with you against the sunscreen and retin a.

Why not dermarolling lol. Also the evidence based collagen guide in botb mogs this one imo, god tier skin guide, aswell as thom strijd maxxing thread.
Dermarolling seems good short term but bad long term. Also collagen should naturally be very high if you are young and eat good food and aren't depressed

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero

Night:
Cool water
My routine is almost similar but I exfoliate with dry bare hands and don't use any moisturizer or cream.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
Very true and based.

Pls elaborate? how
Honestly I can't elaborate and just heard someone talking about that topic. However I don't like the idea of giving myself tiny wounds just to let them heal again..
I might be totally wrong. I just don't want it personally.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
My routine is almost similar but I exfoliate with dry bare hands and don't use any moisturizer or cream.
Chad routine

Yeah ideally we shouldn't need any moisturizer. Still sth like coconut/olive oil could maybe give a small boost(and kind of compensating for my not so ideal health currently). Also removing shampoo improved my skin, and hair

Lol at me for using like 6 different skincare products last year and having horrible skin quality

• +1
Reactions: zeke714 and Deleted member 12216
Chad routine

Yeah ideally we shouldn't need any moisturizer. Still sth like coconut/olive oil could maybe give a small boost(and kind of compensating for my not so ideal health currently). Also removing shampoo improved my skin, and hair

Lol at me for using like 6 different skincare products last year and having horrible skin quality
my skin is never dry and gets too oily on its own quick. I probably eat too much fat. Or just genetics.

No shampoo doesn't work for me because my tap water is hard. If I wash hair with water only it gets super thick and sticks together. I just use a cheap non irritating medical shampoo once a week.

I did not try to find any new research chemical just analyse the existing methods and see their effectiveness:

Dermarolling: 400% increase
View attachment 79729
Skin becomes thicker with greater than 400 % increase in collagen deposition and significantly more elastin . Collagen fibre bundles qualitatively increases, thickens and more loosely woven in both papillary and reticular dermis. It appears to have laid down in normal lattice pattern than in parallel bundles as in scar tissue.

Retin-a (tretinoin): 80% increase
Treatment of photodamaged skin with tretinoin produced an 80 percent increase in collagen I formation, as compared with a 14 percent decrease in collagen formation with the use of vehicle alone (P = 0.006).

Sunscreen: 56% increase
Collagen I formation was 56 percent less in the papillary dermis of photodamaged skin than in skin protected from the sun (P<0.001)

Red light: Increases collagen (4.6ug/ml -> 36.36ug/ml after 5hours)

Copper peptides:

Oral collagen supplement:
Preliminary results are promising for the short and long-term use of oral collagen supplements for wound healing and skin aging. Oral collagen supplements also increase skin elasticity, hydration, and dermal collagen density
In summary, the present study demonstrated oral administration of collagen peptides from bovine bone could improve the laxity of chronologically aged skin by increasing skin collagen content and ratio of type I to type III collagen, but it had no effect on moisture retention of skin.

Fasting: 92% DECREASE

Aloe vera:
Glucomannan, a mannose-rich polysaccharide, and gibberellin, a growth hormone, interacts with growth factor receptors on the fibroblast, thereby stimulating its activity and proliferation, which in turn significantly increases collagen synthesis after topical and oral Aloe vera.9 Aloe gel not only increased collagen content of the wound but also changed collagen composition (more type III) and increased the degree of collagen cross linking. Due to this, it accelerated wound contraction and increased the breaking strength of resulting scar tissue

Vitamin C (oral)
View attachment 79742

Vitamin C basically promotes collagen expression, and stimulates collagen production. I could make a full thread on vitamin C its so legit

Reccomendation :

poorcel

vitamin c 500mg/ day
tretinoin (work up to 0.05% ED)
dermarolling 1mm (These derma roller size needles are more effective in inducing the production of collagen http://dermarollerqmd.com/demarolling-therapy/what-size-derma-roller-should-i-use/) 1 time weekly
sunscreen: spf 15 blocks 93% so in terms of ROI this is best

Richcel:
vitamin C 2grams /day (drink enough water so you dont get kidney stone
sunscreen: spf 50
Aloe vera (topically or oral, although topical seems to have almost no irritation)

requested tags: react with huh emoji to be tagged in my next threads (will be higher effort than this one promise)
@Vitruvian @Guest @Soulsmaxx @MadMong @Bluepill @her @You @Gebirgscel @TubOfLard @Arkantos @AspiringChad @dogtown@Dude420 @Krezo @AdamLamberg @Mewisthekey @Saturn @TubOfLard @Arkantos @Currycellmate @randomguy1235 @Alexanderr @x30001 @samm735 @Yummyinmytummy
(was not sure whether to tag cause this one wasnt that high effort)

how many times should I dermaroll per week?

"I would not recommend the three most effective skincare methods"

Drops no sources, no reasoning, no alternatives. Chad power move

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15180, ezio6, Deleted member 12216 and 1 other person
"I would not recommend the three most effective skincare methods"

Drops no sources, no reasoning, no alternatives. Chad power move
"Men in the past didnt use it" best comment ever

• JFL
Reactions: looksseg, AscendingHero and Deleted member 15698
"Men in the past didnt use it" best comment ever
Dudes be like "our ancestors had zero sign of aging at 40"

Life expectancy of our ancestors: 40

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: looksseg, NegativeNorwood, AscendingHero and 1 other person
From what I read, dermarolling may mess up your collagen long-term, because your natural collagen production is prematurely used up from having to overreact from the wounds caused by Dermarolling/Microneedling.

Any final word on that?

Or do I have to go by faith and blindly use it, linke I did with Minixidil, before I knew it would eventually fuck up my collagen for good?

Also fuck suppressing your DHT into oblivion with Fin/Sur because muh hair; skin was downright awful on Fin despite taking every collagen-boosting measure out there.

Didn't even regrow my temples in over a year on the stuff, now I'm NW3, and the best thing that happened to my skin was taking up Proviron 50mg/day, over skincare, collagen peptides, Red light therapy, etc...

Being in a high-DHT state seems even more beneficial for my skin than MK-677, all other things being equal.

So, Collagen vs Hair it is, seems I can't have my cake and eat it too, I'm choosing DHT and collagen over hair any day; you can fraud hair, you can't fraud collagen
What do you mean proviron 50mg a day? You mean you did this and didn’t do collagen peptides red light and stuff like that?

• +1
Reactions: LOST18yearold
1mm ideal for collagen
How often should I dermarol? I get super red after it in the face is that common or am I gonna have scarring?

wish me luck guys
after years of acne and suffering this is the first time im acne free. I am going to derma roll for the first time in my life today!
fuck yeah
Update?

Hgh for the skin benefits if you guys can afford. Cost arm and leg 😅

Is it worth it though?
Hey, here’s a photo 2 days ago. It does help a lot. I’m 25. I have that gay skin glow. I still have small acne scars and break out every now and then if you look super super close. But from not using it it’s a big difference. I also use tret

Attachments

• 8BEDD397-87DA-4181-914B-1DCD0C1634FA.jpeg
    8BEDD397-87DA-4181-914B-1DCD0C1634FA.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 125CAE19-7662-4BC8-BEAF-45DD9B605904.jpeg
    125CAE19-7662-4BC8-BEAF-45DD9B605904.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 0
Hey, here’s a photo 2 days ago. It does help a lot. I’m 25. I have that gay skin glow. I still have small acne scars and break out every now and then if you look super super close. But from not using it it’s a big difference. I also use tret
What's your source?

From my other thread:

Wave length
ufHo6tsHALd5uSOCfZxp0qqjYlJGit97cnJN-SJ2cb7amoUwKpmkeO1Y0D37A19WodPVC_fViFElhJmqEujdyTVwB3UVwKscSLyLciz2ictyZPEDpFLPRAsLJmnDzeJXVle4tr2P

“The wavelengths of light used for LLLT fall into an “optical window” at red and NIR wavelengths (600–1070 nm) . Effective tissue penetration is maximized in this range, as the principal tissue chromophores (hemoglobin and melanin) have high absorption bands at wavelengths shorter than 600 nm. Wavelengths in the range 600–700 nm are used to treat superficial tissue, and longer wavelengths in the range 780–950 nm, which penetrate further, are used to treat deeper-seated tissues. Wavelengths in the range 700–770 nm have been found to have limited biochemical activity and are therefore not used”

Time:

It is well established that if the light applied is not of sufficient irradiance or the irradiation time is too short then there is no response. If the irradiance is too high or irradiation time is too long then the response may be inhibited.Somewhere in between is the optimal combination of irradiance and time for stimulation.

5AsUIyB3WIxObsB5SP_skoRlnqAv5fvSw50BvLv3gWbtnStRFg6Z40B7t9p2eDPWKzDFZcAXwC4b6YPvo8cNP5unXq44QQVe6fkh12d9rg5ttJ47DtiOVn56vDOl3DbaknCwIfs8

Most studies practice 15-30minutes ,
I8j0AP9g8flWMwsgcTNx3ZTu6ATXhiQlxhoeZy7xubALQw0LVJj-QtxqZmNOeJI1PRtzTdjn-5d9TEi3Cxyal5Rtr92RZghWCGI6QfPOytl9XlHjxji3A0YYi0rJrueVElxqRbiF

formula for irradiance (λ represents wavelength), so lowering wavelength lowers irradiance

Wavelength: (600–1070 nm) avoid 700-770
Time: General rule, 10-30minutes depending on wavelength, distance from light, and area of surface either go to the higher or lower boundaries

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3288797/

TL;DR
buy a red light lamp device online (should be less than $25)
keep it close to your face for 15-30 minutes depending on how far it is from your face. ( i do 15minutes on each side of my face so that i can still browse or watch something doing it)
while your at it shine it on your balls for 30minutes also

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/ ? this one
why tf they made this 3d lol

I did not try to find any new research chemical just analyse the existing methods and see their effectiveness:

View attachment 79729
Skin becomes thicker with greater than 400 % increase in collagen deposition and significantly more elastin . Collagen fibre bundles qualitatively increases, thickens and more loosely woven in both papillary and reticular dermis. It appears to have laid down in normal lattice pattern than in parallel bundles as in scar tissue.

Treatment of photodamaged skin with tretinoin produced an 80 percent increase in collagen I formation, as compared with a 14 percent decrease in collagen formation with the use of vehicle alone (P = 0.006).

Collagen I formation was 56 percent less in the papillary dermis of photodamaged skin than in skin protected from the sun (P<0.001)

Copper peptides:

Preliminary results are promising for the short and long-term use of oral collagen supplements for wound healing and skin aging. Oral collagen supplements also increase skin elasticity, hydration, and dermal collagen density
In summary, the present study demonstrated oral administration of collagen peptides from bovine bone could improve the laxity of chronologically aged skin by increasing skin collagen content and ratio of type I to type III collagen, but it had no effect on moisture retention of skin.

Aloe vera:
Glucomannan, a mannose-rich polysaccharide, and gibberellin, a growth hormone, interacts with growth factor receptors on the fibroblast, thereby stimulating its activity and proliferation, which in turn significantly increases collagen synthesis after topical and oral Aloe vera.9 Aloe gel not only increased collagen content of the wound but also changed collagen composition (more type III) and increased the degree of collagen cross linking. Due to this, it accelerated wound contraction and increased the breaking strength of resulting scar tissue

Vitamin C (oral)
View attachment 79742

Vitamin C basically promotes collagen expression, and stimulates collagen production. I could make a full thread on vitamin C its so legit

Reccomendation :

poorcel

vitamin c 500mg/ day
dermarolling 1mm (These derma roller size needles are more effective in inducing the production of collagen http://dermarollerqmd.com/demarolling-therapy/what-size-derma-roller-should-i-use/) 1 time weekly

Richcel:

requested tags: react with huh emoji to be tagged in my next threads (will be higher effort than this one promise)
@Vitruvian @Guest @Soulsmaxx @MadMong @Bluepill @her @You @Gebirgscel @TubOfLard @Arkantos @AspiringChad @dogtown@Dude420 @Krezo @AdamLamberg @Mewisthekey @Saturn @TubOfLard @Arkantos @Currycellmate @randomguy1235 @Alexanderr @x30001 @samm735 @Yummyinmytummy
Dont forget the HomeMadeBoneBrothPill
Its literally the fastest acting way of seeing you skin bloom after only a few days. Also best bang for your buck as a poorcel.

• +1
Retarded, high collagen looks shit irl

I have subhuman collagen genes

It's best to use fine sand paper for exfoliation.

• Woah
Reactions: rand anon
is oral collagene supplement legit and working?

great you bumped this thread up, most users here don't care about collagen cuz they're still young.

View attachment 79729

Copper peptides:

Aloe vera:

Vitamin C (oral)
View attachment 79742

Reccomendation :

poorcel

vitamin c 500mg/ day

Richcel:

Can you dermaroll the lips? - Making top lip/bottom lips bigger?

Retin a
Eating an orange a day.
Drink lots of water.
Exercise every day.
Meditate.

Don't eat junk food.
Elaborate this into morning and evening routines why don't you.

View attachment 79729

Copper peptides:

Aloe vera:

Vitamin C (oral)
View attachment 79742

Reccomendation :

poorcel

vitamin c 500mg/ day

Richcel:

Derma rolling is bad for your skin in the long run.

View attachment 79729

Copper peptides:

Aloe vera:

Vitamin C (oral)
View attachment 79742

Reccomendation :

poorcel

vitamin c 500mg/ day

Richcel:

Would derma stamping work instead of dermarolling

Agireline
Matrixyl 3000
Snap-8
Hyaluronic Acid
Pentrapeptide-18
Syn-Ake
Syn-Coll
Syn-Tacks
L-cysteine
Glycine
MSM
Polyphenols
You use all of this stuff every morning and afternoon?