Collagen maxing guide

Looksmax

Looksmax

Aesthetics Matter
Staff
I did not try to find any new research chemical just analyse the existing methods and see their effectiveness:

Dermarolling: 400% increase

Skin becomes thicker with greater than 400 % increase in collagen deposition and significantly more elastin . Collagen fibre bundles qualitatively increases, thickens and more loosely woven in both papillary and reticular dermis. It appears to have laid down in normal lattice pattern than in parallel bundles as in scar tissue.

Retin-a (tretinoin): 80% increase
Treatment of photodamaged skin with tretinoin produced an 80 percent increase in collagen I formation, as compared with a 14 percent decrease in collagen formation with the use of vehicle alone (P = 0.006).

Sunscreen: 56% increase
Collagen I formation was 56 percent less in the papillary dermis of photodamaged skin than in skin protected from the sun (P<0.001)

Red light: Increases collagen (4.6ug/ml -> 36.36ug/ml after 5hours)

Copper peptides:

Oral collagen supplement:
Preliminary results are promising for the short and long-term use of oral collagen supplements for wound healing and skin aging. Oral collagen supplements also increase skin elasticity, hydration, and dermal collagen density
In summary, the present study demonstrated oral administration of collagen peptides from bovine bone could improve the laxity of chronologically aged skin by increasing skin collagen content and ratio of type I to type III collagen, but it had no effect on moisture retention of skin.

Fasting: 92% DECREASE

Aloe vera:
Glucomannan, a mannose-rich polysaccharide, and gibberellin, a growth hormone, interacts with growth factor receptors on the fibroblast, thereby stimulating its activity and proliferation, which in turn significantly increases collagen synthesis after topical and oral Aloe vera.9 Aloe gel not only increased collagen content of the wound but also changed collagen composition (more type III) and increased the degree of collagen cross linking. Due to this, it accelerated wound contraction and increased the breaking strength of resulting scar tissue

Vitamin C (oral)

Vitamin C basically promotes collagen expression, and stimulates collagen production. I could make a full thread on vitamin C its so legit

Reccomendation :

poorcel

vitamin c 500mg/ day
tretinoin (work up to 0.05% ED)
dermarolling 1mm (These derma roller size needles are more effective in inducing the production of collagen http://dermarollerqmd.com/demarolling-therapy/what-size-derma-roller-should-i-use/) 1 time weekly
sunscreen: spf 15 blocks 93% so in terms of ROI this is best

Richcel:
vitamin C 2grams /day (drink enough water so you dont get kidney stone
dermarolling 1mm 1 time weekly
sunscreen: spf 50
Bovine: 200mg / kg of body weight
Red light therapy: 15-30minutes daily
Aloe vera (topically or oral, although topical seems to have almost no irritation)

requested tags: react with huh emoji to be tagged in my next threads (will be higher effort than this one promise)
@Vitruvian @Guest @Soulsmaxx @MadMong @Bluepill @her @You @Gebirgscel @TubOfLard @Arkantos @AspiringChad @dogtown@Dude420 @Krezo @AdamLamberg @Mewisthekey @Saturn @TubOfLard @Arkantos @Currycellmate @randomguy1235 @Alexanderr @x30001 @samm735 @Yummyinmytummy
(was not sure whether to tag cause this one wasnt that high effort)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: livelifetofullest, Lynxress, xorslayer and 121 others
For dermarolling what needle size do you prefer?

• +1
Reactions: ripikke, Ethnicope and Deleted member 1707
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: lemonnz, ripikke, Deleted member 23530 and 10 others
I did not try to find any new research chemical just analyse the existing methods and see their effectiveness:

View attachment 79729
Skin becomes thicker with greater than 400 % increase in collagen deposition and significantly more elastin . Collagen fibre bundles qualitatively increases, thickens and more loosely woven in both papillary and reticular dermis. It appears to have laid down in normal lattice pattern than in parallel bundles as in scar tissue.

Treatment of photodamaged skin with tretinoin produced an 80 percent increase in collagen I formation, as compared with a 14 percent decrease in collagen formation with the use of vehicle alone (P = 0.006).

Collagen I formation was 56 percent less in the papillary dermis of photodamaged skin than in skin protected from the sun (P<0.001)

Copper peptides:

Preliminary results are promising for the short and long-term use of oral collagen supplements for wound healing and skin aging. Oral collagen supplements also increase skin elasticity, hydration, and dermal collagen density
In summary, the present study demonstrated oral administration of collagen peptides from bovine bone could improve the laxity of chronologically aged skin by increasing skin collagen content and ratio of type I to type III collagen, but it had no effect on moisture retention of skin.

Aloe vera:
Glucomannan, a mannose-rich polysaccharide, and gibberellin, a growth hormone, interacts with growth factor receptors on the fibroblast, thereby stimulating its activity and proliferation, which in turn significantly increases collagen synthesis after topical and oral Aloe vera.9 Aloe gel not only increased collagen content of the wound but also changed collagen composition (more type III) and increased the degree of collagen cross linking. Due to this, it accelerated wound contraction and increased the breaking strength of resulting scar tissue

Vitamin C (oral)
View attachment 79742

Vitamin C basically promotes collagen expression, and stimulates collagen production. I could make a full thread on vitamin C its so legit

Reccomendation :

poorcel

vitamin c 500mg/ day
dermarolling 1mm (These derma roller size needles are more effective in inducing the production of collagen http://dermarollerqmd.com/demarolling-therapy/what-size-derma-roller-should-i-use/) 1 time weekly

Richcel:
Aloe vera (topically or orally, although oral seems to have almost no irritation)
Agireline
Matrixyl 3000
Snap-8
Hyaluronic Acid
Pentrapeptide-18
Syn-Ake
Syn-Coll
Syn-Tacks
L-cysteine
Glycine
MSM
Polyphenols

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Mike141, tombradylover, hydraiskami and 16 others
Agireline
Matrixyl 3000
Snap-8
Hyaluronic Acid
Pentrapeptide-18
Syn-Ake
Syn-Coll
Syn-Tacks
L-cysteine
Glycine
MSM
Polyphenols
damn brother this is some nice stuff, im working on finding different ways to improve collagen, this was just analyzing existing methods
thanks a lot!

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and x30001
damn brother this is some nice stuff, im working on finding different ways to improve collagen, this was just analyzing existing methods
thanks a lot!
np. great thread!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 439
Red light therapy seems like magic

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Lev Peshkov and TheChosenChad
wish me luck guys
after years of acne and suffering this is the first time im acne free. I am going to derma roll for the first time in my life today!
fuck yeah

• Woah
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: psl5.8specimen, Danish_Retard, Deleted member and 2 others
High IQ thread OP

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Ringtaker, RAITEIII, x30001 and 1 other person
wish me luck guys
after years of acne and suffering this is the first time im acne free. I am going to derma roll for the first time in my life today!
fuck yeah
Post-acne use tazarotene+ghkcu+redlight+derminator2... advanced level collagen routine... but don't use tazarotene unless you are 100% acne free
Post-acne use tazarotene+ghkcu+redlight+derminator2... advanced level collagen routine... but don't use tazarotene unless you are 100% acne free
Nivea VitaminE+Jojoba oil moisturiser for under eye wrinkles

View attachment 79729

Copper peptides:

Aloe vera:

Vitamin C (oral)
View attachment 79742

Reccomendation :

poorcel

vitamin c 500mg/ day

Richcel:
Aloe vera (topically or oral, although topical seems to have almost no irritation)

requested tags: react with huh emoji to be tagged in my next threads (will be higher effort than this one promise)
@Vitruvian @Guest @Soulsmaxx @MadMong @Bluepill @her @You @Gebirgscel @TubOfLard @Arkantos @AspiringChad @dogtown@Dude420 @Krezo @AdamLamberg @Mewisthekey @Saturn @TubOfLard @Arkantos @Currycellmate @randomguy1235 @Alexanderr @x30001 @samm735 @Yummyinmytummy
(was not sure whether to tag cause this one wasnt that high effort)
tag me next time bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17920 and RAITEIII

Nivea VitaminE+Jojoba oil moisturiser for under eye wrinkles

tag me next time bro
yeah i already tagged you bro
but you are a true looksmaxxer who saw the thread before i added tags

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, DidntRead and x30001
how do you do the red light therapy at home?

Fasting:

there's a case study of a guy doing ~380days of fasting under medical supervision.
despite massive fat loss he doesn't have extra skin at the end.

if you read the study(easy to find), they were giving him a multivitamin+vitaminC daily.
and when his bloodwork showed deficiencies, he was given magnesium and potassium.

i've also seen a similar case study (posted at lookism) that used glycine as well but i can't remember where/how to find it 😢

• +1
Reactions: ripikke, Danish_Retard, looksseg and 2 others
how do you do the red light therapy at home?

From my other thread:

Wave length
ufHo6tsHALd5uSOCfZxp0qqjYlJGit97cnJN-SJ2cb7amoUwKpmkeO1Y0D37A19WodPVC_fViFElhJmqEujdyTVwB3UVwKscSLyLciz2ictyZPEDpFLPRAsLJmnDzeJXVle4tr2P

“The wavelengths of light used for LLLT fall into an “optical window” at red and NIR wavelengths (600–1070 nm) . Effective tissue penetration is maximized in this range, as the principal tissue chromophores (hemoglobin and melanin) have high absorption bands at wavelengths shorter than 600 nm. Wavelengths in the range 600–700 nm are used to treat superficial tissue, and longer wavelengths in the range 780–950 nm, which penetrate further, are used to treat deeper-seated tissues. Wavelengths in the range 700–770 nm have been found to have limited biochemical activity and are therefore not used”

Time:

It is well established that if the light applied is not of sufficient irradiance or the irradiation time is too short then there is no response. If the irradiance is too high or irradiation time is too long then the response may be inhibited.Somewhere in between is the optimal combination of irradiance and time for stimulation.

5AsUIyB3WIxObsB5SP_skoRlnqAv5fvSw50BvLv3gWbtnStRFg6Z40B7t9p2eDPWKzDFZcAXwC4b6YPvo8cNP5unXq44QQVe6fkh12d9rg5ttJ47DtiOVn56vDOl3DbaknCwIfs8

Most studies practice 15-30minutes ,
I8j0AP9g8flWMwsgcTNx3ZTu6ATXhiQlxhoeZy7xubALQw0LVJj-QtxqZmNOeJI1PRtzTdjn-5d9TEi3Cxyal5Rtr92RZghWCGI6QfPOytl9XlHjxji3A0YYi0rJrueVElxqRbiF

formula for irradiance (λ represents wavelength), so lowering wavelength lowers irradiance

Wavelength: (600–1070 nm) avoid 700-770
Time: General rule, 10-30minutes depending on wavelength, distance from light, and area of surface either go to the higher or lower boundaries

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3288797/

TL;DR
buy a red light lamp device online (should be less than $25)
keep it close to your face for 15-30 minutes depending on how far it is from your face. ( i do 15minutes on each side of my face so that i can still browse or watch something doing it)
while your at it shine it on your balls for 30minutes also
Fasting:

there's a case study of a guy doing ~380days of fasting under medical supervision.
despite massive fat loss he doesn't have extra skin at the end.

if you read the study(easy to find), they were giving him a multivitamin+vitaminC daily.
and when his bloodwork showed deficiencies, he was given magnesium and potassium.

i've also seen a similar case study (posted at lookism) that used glycine as well but i can't remember where/how to find it 😢

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/ ? this one

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President
From my other thread:

Wave length
ufHo6tsHALd5uSOCfZxp0qqjYlJGit97cnJN-SJ2cb7amoUwKpmkeO1Y0D37A19WodPVC_fViFElhJmqEujdyTVwB3UVwKscSLyLciz2ictyZPEDpFLPRAsLJmnDzeJXVle4tr2P

“The wavelengths of light used for LLLT fall into an “optical window” at red and NIR wavelengths (600–1070 nm) . Effective tissue penetration is maximized in this range, as the principal tissue chromophores (hemoglobin and melanin) have high absorption bands at wavelengths shorter than 600 nm. Wavelengths in the range 600–700 nm are used to treat superficial tissue, and longer wavelengths in the range 780–950 nm, which penetrate further, are used to treat deeper-seated tissues. Wavelengths in the range 700–770 nm have been found to have limited biochemical activity and are therefore not used”

Time:

It is well established that if the light applied is not of sufficient irradiance or the irradiation time is too short then there is no response. If the irradiance is too high or irradiation time is too long then the response may be inhibited.Somewhere in between is the optimal combination of irradiance and time for stimulation.

5AsUIyB3WIxObsB5SP_skoRlnqAv5fvSw50BvLv3gWbtnStRFg6Z40B7t9p2eDPWKzDFZcAXwC4b6YPvo8cNP5unXq44QQVe6fkh12d9rg5ttJ47DtiOVn56vDOl3DbaknCwIfs8

I8j0AP9g8flWMwsgcTNx3ZTu6ATXhiQlxhoeZy7xubALQw0LVJj-QtxqZmNOeJI1PRtzTdjn-5d9TEi3Cxyal5Rtr92RZghWCGI6QfPOytl9XlHjxji3A0YYi0rJrueVElxqRbiF

formula for irradiance (λ represents wavelength), so lowering wavelength lowers irradiance

Time: General rule, 10-30minutes depending on wavelength, distance from light, and area of surface either go to the higher or lower boundaries

TL;DR
keep it close to your face for 15-30 minutes depending on how far it is from your face. ( i do 15minutes on each side of my face so that i can still browse or watch something doing it)
Shine it on your thyroid gland too

From my other thread:

Wave length

Time:

TL;DR

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/ ? this one
any reccomendations on which one to get? also, you basically have it nearly touching the part you want to expose Id assume.

apply vitamin c after derma rolling

dermastamp > dermapen > dermaroller

if you use a dermaroller use a legit one with real needles

• +1
Reactions: ripikke, Sub0, Deleted member 1464 and 1 other person
when using the red light thing, do you need a serum?

• +1
Reactions: ripikke
  • +1
Dermaroller_VS_derma-stamp.jpg

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover, SEPRAY, klamus and 14 others
Good thread.

• +1
This thread is exactly what I needed.
I need perfect newborn tier skin to compensate for my lack of bones.
I need skin like this bish

Attachments

• GeorgieHobday.jpg
    GeorgieHobday.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 360
  • +1
Reactions: beebeem_, ripikke, Mewton and 4 others
@tincelw I believe there was a thread on vit C on lookism but its gone now

Vit C should be in powder form right ? or does vit C you find in pharmacy do the job ?

Vit C should be in powder form right ? or does vit C you find in pharmacy do the job ?
pure ascorbic acid powder mixed with water and applied immediately after microneedling. The vitC serums are garbage. It's very delicate

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: depressionmaxxing, klamus, Deleted member 8853 and 6 others
pure ascorbic acid powder mixed with water and applied immediately after microneedling. The vitC serums are garbage. It's very delicate

where do you get it ?
does it make sense applying it under the eye for dark circles if i'm not microneedling ?

also if your taking it orally be careful about the pure powder. It has a Ph of 1 and is acidic and can cause irritation

"Ascorbic acid can change the pH of the saliva so that calcium was lost from the tooth enamel leading to dental enamel erosion. "

• +1
Reactions: ibetucnt
where do you get it ?
does it make sense applying it under the eye for dark circles if i'm not microneedling ?
owndoc.com and no. Use vitamin E and jojoba oil for under eye
also if your taking it orally be careful about the pure powder. It has a Ph of 1 and is acidic and can cause irritation

"Ascorbic acid can change the pH of the saliva so that calcium was lost from the tooth enamel leading to dental enamel erosion. "
Unbound calcium ions are very dangerous when it comes to hair follicle minaturisation (if predisposed). A lot of people take some sort of gabaergic drug regularly. Be it benzos, alcohol, gabapentinoids etc. These gabaergics are also voltage gated calcium channel blockers, leaving you with unbound calcium ions which are prevented from entering the calcium channel. Calcification can occur in many places such as the scalp and arteries. You can activate Matrix GLA protein by taking Vitamin K2 MK4/MK7. Matrix GLA binds to the calcium ions, preventing possibility for calcification.
owndoc.com and no. Use vitamin E and jojoba oil for under eye

Unbound calcium ions are very dangerous when it comes to hair follicle minaturisation (if predisposed). A lot of people take some sort of gabaergic drug regularly. Be it benzos, alcohol, gabapentinoids etc. These gabaergics are also voltage gated calcium channel blockers, leaving you with unbound calcium ions which are prevented from entering the calcium channel. Calcification can occur in many places such as the scalp and arteries. You can activate Matrix GLA protein by taking Vitamin K2 MK4/MK7. Matrix GLA binds to the calcium ions, preventing possibility for calcification.
Without getting into much detail, magnesium is a negatively charged ion while calcium is positively charged. + ions have an excitatory effect in the gaba complex, while - ions have a calming effect. Magnesium is commonly used before bed to make you calmer. - ions are said to be "inhibitory", but not in a bad sense. They inhibit the excitation in the GABA complex rather than making you inhibited.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: depressionmaxxing, klamus, AsGoodAsItGets and 3 others
Op I use this supplement I’m 19 btw

Anymore ideas? I Will appreciate

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
Op I use this supplement I’m 19 btw

View attachment 79820

Anymore ideas? I Will appreciate
zinc is legit but 10mg is a small dose imo
also just check the ingredients which the collagen supplement has and check if they are legit, dont know enough about it tbh

• +1
Reactions: ripikke and mido the slayer
zinc is legit but 10mg is a small dose imo
also just check the ingredients which the collagen supplement has and check if they are legit, dont know enough about it tbh
This collagen is legit according to many people and also contains vit c

But yea I need more zinc imo I need like 50mg
go er thats useless

better do more research buddyboyo. not all zinc is equal. also 10mg is baby dose, 100mg is god tier
So there is different types of zinc? But yea I need like 40mg

Last edited:
  • +1
Great info. I've been IF for weight loss for a while, recently noticed by cheeks are starting to get saggy.

how often do you dermaroll if you use 1mm?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
high iq thread
one last question: why isnt this stickied?

• +1
high iq thread
one last question: why isnt this stickied?
nothing gets stickied here, unless you ask the mods
If you want some more this is what ive posted in the past

• +1
Reactions: OCDMaxxing and Wannabe6ft2
You forgot to tag me bro...this is some good stuff

• +1

Ideal needle length for each part of the face

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Yerico7, AutismMaxing and 2 others
Ok but are there gov studies that show a better collagen production in 1mm compared to say 0.5 mm?
The most important is the diversity of needle lengths. High ratio of tip length versus diameter of 13:1 is an important property of good needles.[6] The length of needle selected for an individual patient depends upon the indication for microneedling. For treating acne and other scars as a routine, a needle length of 1.5–2 mm is usually used. When microneedling is used as a procedure to treat ageing skin and wrinkles, the needle length of 0.5 mm or 1.0 mm is usually recommended.[9] When the needles are only up to 0.5 mm long, the procedure is essentially painless, and the perception of pain increases as the depth of needle penetration increases. It also depends on the thickness of epidermis and dermis of the skin.

probably .5 and 1mm will have similar results. Just dont go lower and higher than that

The most important is the diversity of needle lengths. High ratio of tip length versus diameter of 13:1 is an important property of good needles.[6] The length of needle selected for an individual patient depends upon the indication for microneedling. For treating acne and other scars as a routine, a needle length of 1.5–2 mm is usually used. When microneedling is used as a procedure to treat ageing skin and wrinkles, the needle length of 0.5 mm or 1.0 mm is usually recommended.[9] When the needles are only up to 0.5 mm long, the procedure is essentially painless, and the perception of pain increases as the depth of needle penetration increases. It also depends on the thickness of epidermis and dermis of the skin.

probably .5 and 1mm will have similar results. Just dont go lower and higher than that
I’ve used 0.5 mm for half a year or more so I was thinking maybe it’s time to jump to something like 0.75 mm or more.

I’ve used 0.5 mm for half a year or more so I was thinking maybe it’s time to jump to something like 0.75 mm or more.
you saw good results with .5mm? Im using this length also. One thing to keep in mind is that .5mm is the highest length which doesnt hurt at al.

"Antioxidants in dermatology"

Photodamage
  • Oral use of antioxidants does not dispense the use of sunscreens and is therefore a second line of protection against UV photodamage even when they reduce the appearance of solar erythema
  • A double blind, placebo-controlled study compared the efficacy of oral supplementation with topical application of lutein combined with zeaxanthin to five parameters: epidermal lipids, hydration, photoprotective activity, skin elasticity and lipid peroxidation under UV radiation. After 12 weeks, both treatments improved these measures, and oral administration was superior, but the combination (oral and topical) provided the greatest protection.
  • More recently, studies have shown that thermogenic infrared radiation is also capable of generating free radicals in human skin; its ambiguous effect, since it is also used therapeutically, depends on two distinct mechanisms: the NF-kB signaling pathway is responsible for the therapeutic effects, whereas the AP-1 pathway is responsible for the pathological effects. AP-1 is responsible for the production of metalloproteinases that promote collagen breakage, clinically inducing wrinkles.

Last edited:
you saw good results with .5mm? Im using this length also. One thing to keep in mind is that .5mm is the highest length which doesnt hurt at al.
I don’t know what to say about collagen levels because I don’t know how to figure it out but it helped my acne so I am pleased with the results.

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover