Collagenmaxxing #101 for dummies - the basics

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Not going into great detail here since most of you don't care about the science anyway and too much effort.

Before buying any expensive creams, serums, retinoid drugs or peptides, drowning yourself in SPF 100 sunscreen and living like a vampire, try to cover the basics aka essential building blocks of and cofactors for collagen synthesis first. Not only your skin is made out of collagen; your bones, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and blood vessels are as well. Decreased/faulty collagen synthesis or fragile collagen structures can lead to problems in all of these tissues.

What you need and how much:

> Vitamin C - at least 500 mg per day, preferably up to 75% of your bowel tolerance spaced out throughout the day in 500 - 2,000 mg doses each
> iron - 10 - 15 mg per day, depending on your activity level (sweat more, ingest more)
> copper - 1 mg per day
> silicon - 30 - 50 mg per day
> gelatin - 25 - 30% of your total daily protein intake

The only thing in this list I recommend using supplements for is vitamin C because it can be hard to get enough from your diet. All the other things can easily and should only be obtained from your diet. Vitamin C also significantly enhances the absorption of nonheme (plant-based) iron, so taking vitamin C with meals high in plant-based iron (see sources below) is a good idea.

Good sources:

> Iron: red meats, kidney beans, quinoa, oatmeal, sunflower seeds, sugar cane syrup
> copper: cocoa, cashews, oysters, dried shiitake mushrooms, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts
> silicon: fiji and volvic water, beer, brown millet, oatmeal
> Gelatin powder can be usually found in the baking aisle at most grocery stores and needs no further processing

Do this for a few months. If you're still a collagencel, only then should you consider additional treatments (or test for gene mutations that may lead to impaired collagen synthesis).

@16tyo @Native

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, Deleted member 6423, SubhumanCurrycel and 16 others
volvic has silicon? don't other waters have it like evian? i drink evian atm

• +1
Reactions: xefo and Bewusst
orange juice forever

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3020 and Deleted member 1476
volvic has silicon? don't other waters have it like evian? i drink evian atm
15 mg/l (evian). Not as much as fiji or volvic but still good

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1476
15 mg/l (evian). Not as much as fiji or volvic but still good
i will stick with it then. my multivitamin has silicon in it too

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
vitamin c megadosing is cope imo

just dont eat carbs and you need like 1mg a day

• Hmm...
Reactions: EasternRightWinger15
What about honey?

I drink so much tea and honey so i looks like a bear now

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
Not going into great detail here since most of you don't care about the science anyway and too much effort.

Before buying any expensive creams, serums, retinoid drugs or peptides, drowning yourself in SPF 100 sunscreen and living like a vampire, try to cover the basics aka essential building blocks of and cofactors for collagen synthesis first. Not only your skin is made out of collagen; your bones, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and blood vessels are as well. Decreased/faulty collagen synthesis or fragile collagen structures can lead to problems in all of these tissues.

> Vitamin C - at least 500 mg per day, preferably up to 75% of your bowel tolerance spaced out throughout the day in 500 - 2,000 mg doses each
> iron - 10 - 15 mg per day, depending on your activity level (sweat more, ingest more)
> copper - 1 mg per day

The only thing in this list I recommend using supplements for is vitamin C because it can be hard to get enough from your diet. All the other things can easily and should only be obtained from your diet. Vitamin C also significantly enhances the absorption of nonheme (plant-based) iron, so taking vitamin C with meals high in plant-based iron (see sources below) is a good idea.

Good sources:

> Iron: red meats, kidney beans, quinoa, oatmeal, sunflower seeds, sugar cane syrup
> copper: cocoa, cashews, oysters, dried shiitake mushrooms, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts
> Gelatin powder can be usually found in the baking aisle at most grocery stores and needs no further processing

Do this for a few months. If you're still a collagencel, only then should you consider additional treatments (or test for gene mutations that may lead to impaired collagen synthesis).

@16tyo @Native
That’s a lot of iron. Rationale?

Why no carbs?
they compete with vitamin c in the same metabolic pathway so less cabs = more vitamin c active in the cell

also less carbs = less oxidative stress = less need for exogenous antioxidants (vitamin c isnt a particularly good antioxidant anyway)

the c in vitamin c stands for cope

good as a topical skin serum and you can supplement if you want as long as you dont go into mega dosing territory beyond like 1-2g where the excess will potentially convert into oxalate/cause problems in the gut/etc

@16tyo where the fuck bitch indian jew is your food thread mf

What about honey?

I drink so much tea and honey so i looks like a bear now
What about it? Honey is just sugar, won‘t do much for collagen

That’s a lot of iron. Rationale?
It‘s a normal range, less than the average daily intake in the US actually. Again, your requirements for iron depend on how active you are. If you sit around all day, 8-10 mg may be enough. If you‘re a gym rat or endurance athlete, you might need more

Is red light therapy cope?

Is red light therapy cope?
I haven‘t tried it but there‘s no point in doing anything if you aren‘t even getting the basic nutrients for collagen synthesis

• +1
Reactions: HQNPmaxxing

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: kuroganeikki and WadlowMaxxing
literally one orange for RDA brah

2767.jpg
= ultimate collagenmaxx

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Bewusst and Ocelot
Do u recommned it? it is good for leanmaxing ? instead of sugar?
I recommend neither for or against it. I often eat honey as a bread spread because I like the taste but to loose fat, what matters most is calories in vs calories out. Whether you eat honey or not won't make a difference if your calorie intake is set right. It's mostly sugar so replacing table sugar with honey is like drinking tea instead of water

• +1
Reactions: oldcell
The only thing in this list I recommend using supplements for is vitamin C because it can be hard to get enough from your diet.
good thread but yellow bell peppers raw is all u need

• +1
Reactions: Dainslief

> copper - 1 mg per day

Good sources:

@16tyo @Native
I fucking knew that the volvic water was making my skin look hella good. It doesnt happen with vast majority of other brands.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
is there a specific type i should look for and how do u eat this jfL
No, just plain ground gelatin. Where I live, it comes in packs with three handy sachets of 9 g each. You can just wash it down with milk/water or add it to your meals. Like I said, no further processing is required

No, just plain ground gelatin. Where I live, it comes in packs with three handy sachets of 9 g each. You can just wash it down with milk/water or add it to your meals. Like I said, no further processing is required
have you seen results or is it a scientific cope?

Can we get the vitamin C from these efeverscents pastilles that is sold at drug stores

they’re cheap af it’s like 6 dollars and comes with 9 pastilles each one with 1000mg vit c

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
Can we get the vitamin C from these efeverscents pastilles that is sold at drug stores

they’re cheap af it’s like 6 dollars and comes with 9 pastilles each one with 1000mg vit c
That's not cheap, I get a bottle of 180 vitamin C pills with 1,000 mg each for about 15€, free of additives. Also, are the ones you're refering to chewable pills? Because if they are, avoid them. Vitamin C is acidic and bad for tooth enamel

Use amazon to find a good deal/product

That's not cheap, I get a bottle of 180 vitamin C pills with 1,000 mg each for about 15€, free of additives. Also, are the ones you're refering to chewable pills? Because if they are, avoid them. Vitamin C is acidic and bad for tooth enamel

This one

B42647B8 67DF 49E1 B1F2 79C31D8AFE5D

• +1

Ayo since you know about that stuff what would you eat/supplement if you did PE (Penis enlargement). I tried arginine but it doesn’t do anything.

• +1
Ayo since you know about that stuff what would you eat/supplement if you did PE (Penis enlargement). I tried arginine but it doesn’t do anything.
I’ll try to find capsules then.

what about that ☝️?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786 and Bewusst
I have no idea, I don't even know if PE works after puberty. Never tried it.

But since there are connective tissues and blood vessels in the penis too, providing your body with everything it needs for collagen synthesis is probably not wrong, especially for recovering from/preventing microtrauma to these tissues.

I have no idea if it would help but maybe also add bromelain

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2788

But since there are connective tissues and blood vessels in the penis too, providing your body with everything it needs for collagen synthesis is probably not wrong, especially for recovering from/preventing microtrauma to these tissues.

It works i do it myself gained like 0.7 inches in 6-8 months (dont remember exactly) there’s a whole subreddit for that r/ajelqforyou

i’ll try that bromelain thanks

• +1

> copper - 1 mg per day

Good sources:

@16tyo @Native
Are you of the opinion that coffe/caffine reduces or inhibits collagen?
Also in theory would this diet improve microneedling results?

vit c is easy to get from diet lol

using sunscreen and living like a vampire mogs

wait what about collagen powder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back