Complete Guide to Hair

Great thread bro. Is the hair I have currently decent? If not, what kind of haircut should I get?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
I have one week off of school now so the perfect time to ldar and try out no shampoo. Good thread as always nibba

• +1
Reactions: kobecel and Nibba
If any of you guys get dandruff like me, go buy "Nizoral" shampoo. I've tried several anti-dandruff shampoos and this is easily the best, just don't use it more than once or twice a week (you shouldn't need to anyway).

Also I disagree with OP about not going to a barber. Some of them know their shit and can give you a really nice cut, but you might have to experiment and try a few different ones. Locals are the best, stay away from chains.

Also I disagree with OP about not going to a barber. Some of them know their shit and can give you a really nice cut, but you might have to experiment and try a few different ones. Locals are the best, stay away from chains.
I live in a large city. I can't find a good barber to save my life after months of looking

Hahahahahaha tf nigga stoped reading after u only need to wash with water. And if you have dandruff? Oily scalp? Diffrent scalpcondidtions?

Last edited:
I need someone to shove Fin forcefully down my throat before it’s too late.

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
Hahahahahaha tf nigga stoped reading after u only need to wash with water. And if you have dandruff? Oily scalp? Diffrent scalpcondidtions?
Then that's your problem having shit genetics. Deal with it yourself idgaf tbh

Then that's your problem having shit genetics. Deal with it yourself idgaf tbh
Not so much of an 'ultimate' guide isnt it. Fuck you i dont have that shit im just pointing out for other people

Hair guide without pictures :feelsautistic:

HAIR QUALITY
if you have shorter to medium length hair (5-10 inches on top) then stop using shampoo. I get a lot of questions or even doubtful hate coming my way when I mention this around here. So shut up and hear me out: I am a firm believer that our hair is not meant to be subjected to harsh shampoos and conditioners and should only be “washed” with water daily. What I like to do is wear a cap to the gym and sweat my ass off. Then I go to shower and brush my hair as I rinse it with lukewarm water. Do not use hot water as it is damaging to the hair. Yes, it will feel greasy or weighed down for a week or so, but just push through it. Soon you will have glossy, beautiful hair. If you want to go above and beyond, buy a water softener that you can attach to your shower-head or directly to your water heater to prevent mineral build up in hair. Personally I don’t use this because regular water is sufficient for own needs.

Gonna do this for a week now, I have dry hair so lets see if it works. Time to NOSHAMPOOMAXX

i have curly hair, what i can do to hairmax

I see lots of ppl asking about eyebrow growth in other threads. Any input for that? thx

I see lots of ppl asking about eyebrow growth in other threads. Any input for that? thx
@Felix97 has a good guide on that actually. Might wanna check that out in the archive bro!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 206
I live in a large city. I can't find a good barber to save my life after months of looking

Sucks to suck, I found a good one in my city after like 3 tries. He's laid back and fun to talk to as well.

ive been only washing my hair with water for over a week and it's been shinier and denser than ever. thanks for the tip

(ive originally washed every 3-4 days and then skipped due to thread, that how 1 week adds up)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: kobecel and Nibba
ive been only washing my hair with water for over a week and it's been shinier and denser than ever. thanks for the tip

(ive originally washed every 3-4 days and then skipped due to thread, that how 1 week adds up)
Glad to see someone else gets it bro

Yes i know, reddit tier just get a haircut etc etc, but hair is one of the biggest halos you can have, and if you have an autism cut or shaved head, a good hair style can make you ascend 2 point at least.

Alright let’s start with hair itself

HAIR QUALITY
if you have shorter to medium length hair (5-10 inches on top) then stop using shampoo. I get a lot of questions or even doubtful hate coming my way when I mention this around here. So shut up and hear me out: I am a firm believer that our hair is not meant to be subjected to harsh shampoos and conditioners and should only be “washed” with water daily. What I like to do is wear a cap to the gym and sweat my ass off. Then I go to shower and brush my hair as I rinse it with lukewarm water. Do not use hot water as it is damaging to the hair. Yes, it will feel greasy or weighed down for a week or so, but just push through it. Soon you will have glossy, beautiful hair. If you want to go above and beyond, buy a water softener that you can attach to your shower-head or directly to your water heater to prevent mineral build up in hair. Personally I don’t use this because regular water is sufficient for own needs. Supplement bovine collagen powder (2.5 g a day). Dissolve it in warm water and drink it before bed. This will help hair growth and quality along with other benefits such as increased strength and better sleep.

HAIR RECOVERY (BALDING)
If you are balding (receding hairline), buy a derma roller (mentioned in my skin guide) along with minoxidil as your first line of defense. https://moreplatesmoredates.com has some great articles on this method, in addition to other great hair care / anitbalding regimens in general for that matter. If minoxidil and derma rollers aren’t working and your hair is thinning all over, etc., go with finasteride. Take 1-5 mg daily and you will see a difference over a 3-6 month span. This can be ordered from any online pharmacy for quite cheap. Of course the next line of defense is dutasteride, which is stronger. As for both of these, less than 2% of men have any testosterone related problems (ex ED, loss of strength, trouble ejaculating, etc). If you’re worried consult your doctor. If none of this works, start saving for a hair graft / transplant (very expensive) which you can also talk to your doc about. I should also mention that it’s especially important to monitor changes in your hair weekly, because if it gets worse and you don’t notice, you’ll be playing catch up with the norwood reaper and no one wants that.

Now that you have a full head of suitable length of glossy, perfect hair, let's talk about styles...

CHOOSING A STYLE
A very important factor and one of the things you want to plan for from the get go. The best styles are the ones that fit your personal face shape the best. There are 6 of face shapes: Oval, round, square, heart, rectangle (aka oblong), and diamond.

1. Oval
Face is longer than it is wide, with the jaw being a bit more narrow than the forehead. The jaw is slightly narrower than the forehead and tapers down towards the chin. Lines are fairly soft.

2. Round
Baby face basically. Like oval but with vertical and horizontal ratios being almost identical

3. Square
Like a round face but with hard edges. Prominent jawline and compact mid face

4. Heart
Prominent forehead tapering down into narrow or pointed chin

5. Rectangle
like oval but with sharper lines. leads to typical horseface appearance

6. Diamond
like oval but cheekbones are widest part. narrow forehead and chin area with angular bone structure. usually somewhat large gonial angle and high hyoid bone

so now for the important part: what cut should you get for each?

OVAL:
  • very versatile. one of the most “flexible” face shapes
  • feel free to experiment
  • tend to look better with short styles
  • caution: stay away from too much height/volume on top
ROUND:
  • keep hair short on sides and back, long on top
  • volume/height products are your best friend
  • grow facial hair
SQUARE
  • hair should aim to soften harsh lines of upper face
  • messy, medium length hair is the best bet
  • best type of shape to pull off a buzzcut
  • use facial hair to soften harsh jaw angle
HEART
  • stay the fuck away from short hair
  • use long or medium length up top swept over to mask large forehead
  • use facial hair to fill out jaw
RECTANGLE
  • stay away from short sides or cuts that give volume up top
  • don’t grow a beard
  • can pull off slicked back hair
DIAMOND
  • go with a fringe
  • long on top coverings some of the forehead
  • can grow facial hair or not, up to you
If you’re still not sure, instagram models, tumblr fashion blogs, and pinterest have so many hair styles that you can take inspiration from, so don’t limit yourself to the above.

IMPORTANT: go to a stylist to get it cut; 50$ down the drain but worth it. Stay away from barbers or great clips, as they butcher your hair and DO NOT GIVE A FUCK about what you want. They are paid less than shit and have no idea what they’re doing, which is reflected in the price.

@Dude420 @11gaijin sticky pls tired of seeing autism cuts on this beautiful forum
you should mention the hair spray. it improves my hair a lot

I forgot to ask you, but is airdrying our hair better?

dutasteride saved my life tbh

edit: alldaychemist is legit af for hairloss meds. timely delivery, good prices and quality meds. these currycels know whats up.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Nibba and androidcel
dutasteride saved my life tbh

edit: alldaychemist is legit af for hairloss meds. timely delivery, good prices and quality meds. these currycels know whats up.
Hell yes they do

> Looksmaxing
> Suggests taking finasteride

LOL

• +1
Reactions: RationalBrody
Do you know of any nootropic which doesn't cause hair loss?

Modafinizil even 100 mg daily only on weekdays causes hair loss & thinning even with the amount of hair, skin, nail vitamins I take.
When I stop taking it & only take my vitamins & use either amla or minoxidil & anti hair loss shampoo & conditioner my hair grows back & thickens up but that's after about say 2-3 weeks though. Also I have to cease the modafinizil for that amount of time as well.

Do you know of any nootropic which doesn't cause hair loss?

Modafinizil even 100 mg daily only on weekdays causes hair loss & thinning even with the amount of hair, skin, nail vitamins I take.
When I stop taking it & only take my vitamins & use either amla or minoxidil & anti hair loss shampoo & conditioner my hair grows back & thickens up but that's after about say 2-3 weeks though. Also I have to cease the modafinizil for that amount of time as well.
Huperzine a doesn't cause hairloss

• +1
Reactions: Littleboy
maybe i can use this to fix my unkempt mane of thick curly hair just lol @ my life.
thanks for post nibba beautiful inside and out. (no homo)

• +1
maybe i can use this to fix my unkempt mane of thick curly hair just lol @ my life.
thanks for post nibba beautiful inside and out. (no homo)
you're welcome man. lmk how it goes

• +1
Reactions: Ogre
Awesome but you need to shampoo and use conditioner one or twice a week to stay away from dandruff’s and also to not make your hair greasy cold water is legit use very high quality shampoo and conditioner and your hair will look like a god

Thank god I have an oval face shape I’m ideal boiiiii

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
Awesome but you need to shampoo and use conditioner one or twice a week to stay away from dandruff’s and also to not make your hair greasy cold water is legit use very high quality shampoo and conditioner and your hair will look like a god

Thank god I have an oval face shape I’m ideal boiiiii
this dries the hair significantly. just give it a try

this dries the hair significantly. just give it a try
Once a week with high quality shamp/cond
Not from Walmart.
Will make hair more silky smooth and shiny even my sister tell notice that I used pantine

Not from Walmart.
Will make hair more silky smooth and shiny even my sister tell notice that I used pantine
yeah i have dry hair. not good for me but if it works for you nice :)

• +1
Reactions: mido the slayer
I use shampoo+conditor and then dry my hair with a towel and put my hood up for a bit straight after it and it goes wavy but if i comb it looks like shit lmao doesn't make sense

Not from Walmart.
Which high quality shampoo or conditioner you recommend?

the "harmful shampoos" youre talking about is sulfate, and you can buy sulfate free shampoo

i got medium-long hair, I've realized that and just stopped using shampoo often, especially since I got silicone taped to my head anyway lol. I don't like the look of over-oily hair, but I like the fact that it weighs your hair down, because of my specific curtain pushed back style whatever you wanna call it. Anyone got any products that give weight for 'sculpting' but don't give the negative effects like oil does?

• +1
Must-listen podcast to educate yourself: https://peterattiamd.com/alanbauman/

In this episode, Alan Bauman, certified hair transplantation surgeon and hair restoration expert, discusses both male and female pattern hair loss, the science behind what drives it, and what that tells us about prevention and restoration.
Additionally, Alan provides tips for maintaining scalp health, which is vital for hair growth

• +1
Reactions: Wannabe6ft2
Is castor oil legit?

i got medium-long hair, I've realized that and just stopped using shampoo often, especially since I got silicone taped to my head anyway lol. I don't like the look of over-oily hair, but I like the fact that it weighs your hair down, because of my specific curtain pushed back style whatever you wanna call it. Anyone got any products that give weight for 'sculpting' but don't give the negative effects like oil does?
Matte clay or whatever it's called. Super light but gives a good hold. I've started wearing my hair like that too
Is castor oil legit?
For what dude?

• +1
Reactions: dontgoLAXb4UMAXx
The barber always puts parts too fucking high, and greatclip literally doesn't liste to me. Definetly gonna go to a stylist.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIDN'T READ

The 2% finasteride side effect statistic is cope. I think 20% is more accurate. So many guys have really fucked their life with this medicine. Just google "post finasteride syndrome" and the stories behind. Its chemical castration, since dht is so important for strenght and libido. Nevertheless, I will start this week with this dirt. A bald head would mean castration with me as well. In addition, not only women but also work and other colleagues would despise me.

Not necro bumping but I have an oval head with protruding ears so I have long hair to hide my ears which gives off a low confidence vibe. What type of style should I get?

Yes i know, reddit tier just get a haircut etc etc, but hair is one of the biggest halos you can have, and if you have an autism cut or shaved head, a good hair style can make you ascend 2 point at least.

Alright let’s start with hair itself

HAIR QUALITY
if you have shorter to medium length hair (5-10 inches on top) then stop using shampoo. I get a lot of questions or even doubtful hate coming my way when I mention this around here. So shut up and hear me out: I am a firm believer that our hair is not meant to be subjected to harsh shampoos and conditioners and should only be “washed” with water daily. What I like to do is wear a cap to the gym and sweat my ass off. Then I go to shower and brush my hair as I rinse it with lukewarm water. Do not use hot water as it is damaging to the hair. Yes, it will feel greasy or weighed down for a week or so, but just push through it. Soon you will have glossy, beautiful hair. If you want to go above and beyond, buy a water softener that you can attach to your shower-head or directly to your water heater to prevent mineral build up in hair. Personally I don’t use this because regular water is sufficient for own needs. Supplement bovine collagen powder (2.5 g a day). Dissolve it in warm water and drink it before bed. This will help hair growth and quality along with other benefits such as increased strength and better sleep.

HAIR RECOVERY (BALDING)
If you are balding (receding hairline), buy a derma roller (mentioned in my skin guide) along with minoxidil as your first line of defense. https://moreplatesmoredates.com has some great articles on this method, in addition to other great hair care / anitbalding regimens in general for that matter. If minoxidil and derma rollers aren’t working and your hair is thinning all over, etc., go with finasteride. Take 1-5 mg daily and you will see a difference over a 3-6 month span. This can be ordered from any online pharmacy for quite cheap. Of course the next line of defense is dutasteride, which is stronger. As for both of these, less than 2% of men have any testosterone related problems (ex ED, loss of strength, trouble ejaculating, etc). If you’re worried consult your doctor. If none of this works, start saving for a hair graft / transplant (very expensive) which you can also talk to your doc about. I should also mention that it’s especially important to monitor changes in your hair weekly, because if it gets worse and you don’t notice, you’ll be playing catch up with the norwood reaper and no one wants that.

Now that you have a full head of suitable length of glossy, perfect hair, let's talk about styles...

CHOOSING A STYLE
A very important factor and one of the things you want to plan for from the get go. The best styles are the ones that fit your personal face shape the best. There are 6 of face shapes: Oval, round, square, heart, rectangle (aka oblong), and diamond.

1. Oval
Face is longer than it is wide, with the jaw being a bit more narrow than the forehead. The jaw is slightly narrower than the forehead and tapers down towards the chin. Lines are fairly soft.

2. Round
Baby face basically. Like oval but with vertical and horizontal ratios being almost identical

3. Square
Like a round face but with hard edges. Prominent jawline and compact mid face

4. Heart
Prominent forehead tapering down into narrow or pointed chin

5. Rectangle
like oval but with sharper lines. leads to typical horseface appearance

6. Diamond
like oval but cheekbones are widest part. narrow forehead and chin area with angular bone structure. usually somewhat large gonial angle and high hyoid bone

so now for the important part: what cut should you get for each?

OVAL:
  • very versatile. one of the most “flexible” face shapes
  • feel free to experiment
  • tend to look better with short styles
  • caution: stay away from too much height/volume on top
ROUND:
  • keep hair short on sides and back, long on top
  • volume/height products are your best friend
  • grow facial hair
SQUARE
  • hair should aim to soften harsh lines of upper face
  • messy, medium length hair is the best bet
  • best type of shape to pull off a buzzcut
  • use facial hair to soften harsh jaw angle
HEART
  • stay the fuck away from short hair
  • use long or medium length up top swept over to mask large forehead
  • use facial hair to fill out jaw
RECTANGLE
  • stay away from short sides or cuts that give volume up top
  • don’t grow a beard
  • can pull off slicked back hair
DIAMOND
  • go with a fringe
  • long on top coverings some of the forehead
  • can grow facial hair or not, up to you
If you’re still not sure, instagram models, tumblr fashion blogs, and pinterest have so many hair styles that you can take inspiration from, so don’t limit yourself to the above.

IMPORTANT: go to a stylist to get it cut; 50$ down the drain but worth it. Stay away from barbers or great clips, as they butcher your hair and DO NOT GIVE A FUCK about what you want. They are paid less than shit and have no idea what they’re doing, which is reflected in the price.

@Dude420 @11gaijin sticky pls tired of seeing autism cuts on this beautiful forum
Dis dat white boy shit

Not necro bumping but I have an oval head with protruding ears so I have long hair to hide my ears which gives off a low confidence vibe. What type of style should I get?
lefort 1 osteotomy

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2810, Deleted member 283, Deleted member 656 and 1 other person
What about biotin?