Contrary to popular belief, self-esteem does not heavily rely on the opinion of others

Deleted member 3323

Deleted member 3323

Gone from the site
Self-esteem is the relationship one has with themselves.

If you feel like shit you did something that caused it.

Not standing up of yourself or your beliefs when the context is right? You effectively lowered your self esteem.

Eating like shit despite making a promise to eat healthy? You lowered your self esteem.

Being irrational and ignoring your feelings, not be consciously aware and operating in a fog? You lowered your self esteem.

These things may not register consciously but they lay in your sub conscious mind, eating you up, lowering your self esteem.

If you had high self-esteem the opinions of others would be meaningless ; the opinions of others don't cause low self-esteem, its because your self esteem is low their opinions matter to you. If you had high self esteem you know your worth so they wont get to you.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Vibez, Deleted member 2205, Deleted member 6403 and 4 others
brutal but true. Do you know any resources that talk about how to raise self esteem? I have 0 self esteem.

maybe partially, but the way other people treat you has a huge effect on your self esteem.

especially when you’re young

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205, Deleted member 3323 and Deleted member 6403
mmmh know your self worth, girl, periodt . 👏👏💅✨✨

• JFL
Reactions: Vibez
maybe partially, but the way other people treat you has a huge effect on your self esteem.

especially when you’re young
Yes, I wont deny the early enviormental effects will have on self-esteem, the book I read touched on that. Especially the parents you have.

brutal but true. Do you know any resources that talk about how to raise self esteem? I have 0 self esteem.
Read this book, it will teach you everything you need to know.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: turkproducer and Danish_Retard
Read this book, it will teach you everything you need to know.

Thanks bro I'll pirate it and read it when I have time.

Yes, I wont deny the early enviormental effects will have on self-esteem, the book I read touched on that. Especially the parents you have.
Will I be able to get normal self esteem, I was beaten/bullied most of my early childhood and pretty much without friends from 2nd grade till present.

Thanks bro I'll pirate it and read it when I have time.

Will I be able to get normal self esteem, I was beaten/bullied most of my early childhood and pretty much without friends from 2nd grade till present.
The book stated that it will be harder but not impossible. Anyone can make a recovery.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard