Coronavirus gymcelling thread

DoctorLooksmax

DoctorLooksmax

IPDcel
In the thread I will share my workout routine for the foreseeable future in the covid 19 outbreak as in most countries gyms are all shut. So I have purchased about £250 worth of equipment, some of it I already had so it only cost me about £150 for everything I purchases but you should be able sort it all for £250 or less if you shop smart. Im not gonna post links for everything but youll easily be able to get this stuff for a similar price and I think this is a realistic budget sinc emost experts predict this crisis will last around 6 months+ and this is about what you would have spent on gym memberhsips during this time. My regular routine is chest and tris, back and bis, shoulders and legs, ill be continuing an adapted version of this routine throughout the lockdown.

So here we go...

The equipment you will need
Adjustable dumbbell bars *2 = £15 approx
pul-up bar= £15 approx
weight belt for pull ups = £15 approx
10kg plates * 4= £70 approx
5kg plates *4= £30 approx
2.5kg plates *8 =£40 approx
(optional) some more smaller plates 0.5kg, 1kg etc = about another £20
Adjustable bench= £50 approx
(optional) resistance bands= £10
(optional) ab wheel= £10

so all the essentials should come to about £250 with maybe an extra £30-50 if you want some of the extras but they aren't essential. With this set up youll be able to lift dumbbelss up to 40kg + which will be plenty for most people on this site, also take not I find that adjustable dumbells are a bit less stable than regular fixed dumbbells in the gym so you will probably lift a bit less weight than you do normally.

Day 1
Chest and tris
Flat DB bench 4 sets
Incline DB bench 3 sets
DB flies 3 sets
Resistance band push ups, 2 sets to failure (optional)
Skull crushers with dumbells OR Resistance band tricep pushdowns, in a simialr manner to what youd normally do on the cables 5 sets

Day 2
Back a bis
3 sets of weighted pullups, super setted with bodyweight pull ups to failure, so each time you hit failure on the weighted pullups take the belt off then smash as many BW pull ups as you can
3 sets Bent over the bench rows
(optional) Resistance band pull downs, try and attach the top of the band to a door fram then sit underneath and pull down with both arms
6 sets DB concentration curls OR Resistance band curls, put your foot through the band then curl upwards

Day 3
Shoulders and legs
5 sets seated dumbbell press
5 sets lateral raises with dumbbells OR resistance band lateral raises, im gonna be experimenting with both and seeing which one I prefer
3 sets Goblet squats, obviously not ideal but better than nothing for 99% of us who dont have a squat rack in our house OR squats with a younger sibling on your shoulders if you have access to one
3 sets DB lunges
3 sets pistol squats, balance is often the hardest part of these rather than actual strength

Day 4
Abs/ cardio/ rest
I like to do some ab whell rollouts super setted with crunches for a little 10 minute ab workout, then go for a 5KM run

Ill add more info as I continue working out at home for the foprseeable future, hope some of you found this helpful

• +1
Reactions: BonesAndHarmony, laske.7 and RAITEIII
just do push ups sit ups and squats jfl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4577 and Chad69
just do push ups sit ups and squats jfl
that is not gonna be enough to maintain your muscle mass if youre an intermediate or advanced gymcell

I need a barbell and so do you.

I need a barbell and so do you.
Disagree, infact my regular gym chest workout doesn't involve a barbell anyway, nor does my back and bis one, only legs I use a barbell for

Attachments

• dec 2019.png
    dec 2019.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 35
  • +1
Reactions: RichardSpencel
Just do cardio jfl