[Crash Course] Who will ascend with Orthognatic surgery and who likely won't

What if someone has an average base and everything is normal but I just have a very weak chin and jaw. Mine doesn’t go downwards. I have slight forward growth but it’s weak. Can I just get imaplants and make it look better?

1537715905 9956328220957144882611552659600546067540n

bump
this dictates most of your lives

I also have learnt things and in contrary to what the title and my older posts suggest, orthognatic surgery will help still but to legitimately change the cranial base angle and all the resulting angles and positions of the bones in the skull, you would have to try to change it at an age where it still could be done easily, that is prenatal developement or as a baby/young kid by breast feeding

It could also work for 8-10 year olds with facemask.

And what I hope, that bones will also reshape and remodel at a higher age, that is why I can not just compare LeFort Osteotomies with Facemask. There is so much potential hidden, but most cartilages and sutures get ossified easily and bones lose their malleability/plasticity.

But we can still hope

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Darkstrand, Deleted member 5385 and 1 other person
So actually people with shortfacesyndrome (too much ccw) can ascend?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
@Dr Shekelberg I have a brother whose 14. If he does MSE+Facepulling+HGH+Perfect posture could he change his cranial base significantly?