Curing Near-sightedness (Myopia) without surgery: is it possible?

Lorsss

Lorsss

mod. Username: Lorsss
Staff
most people think eye disorders like myopia are genetical and hereditary, however this belief is completely wrong because this disorder did not exist in the past (except for old people) and myopia is strongly connected to the modern urban lifestyle.
near-sightedness has been increasing extremely fast in last decades, for example some reasearches have reported the myopia in young people rate has reached 90% in the most developed countries.
sourche: https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3237940
the myopia rise is clearly visible in indigenous people who met the modern lifestyle recently: in 1960 near-sightedness did not exist in Inuit people (Canada native americans), but 30 years after the 30% of Inuit people had eyes disorders.

researchers have proposed many theories about myopia rise, but it's clear that modern technological devices have ruined people's sight.
if the human eye is often obliged to focus on near objects (for example a school book or a smartphone), it deforms it's shape in order to adapt to near objects sight, as a result the eye can see sharply near objects, but loses completely the ability to focus on far things.

What can I do to prevent near-sightedness?
- when you are reading a book or writing on a piece of paper, keep your head at least 50cm far from the piece of paper. This will also improve your posture.

- all the people who use smartphones usually keep the device at 15cm (6 inches) from their eyes, this habit is completely harmful for your eyes so you should keep the smartphones much further from you in oder to prevent myopia. Furthermore most people don't actually realize how much time they spend on the smartphone: 8 hours is the average smartphone usage time in young people. My advice is to stop using completely the smartphone because, as I said before, slouching 8 hours on a mobile is also bad for your posture.

I know a girl who told me her slight myopia disappeared after she finished university. She was very studious and she passed many hours with her eyes "attached" to books. The eye deformation that causes myopia is probably irreversible, but if you improve your lifestyle you will avoid further reduction of your sight and probably will get a little improvement.

I would be honored to see this thread in the looksmax archive, because we need to spread the truth about myopia, which is easily preventable.

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike, retard, Deleted member 2621 and 2 others
Sad shit man, no one bumped the thread

• JFL
Reactions: Wannabe6ft2
Sad shit man, no one bumped the thread
I don't need to fill my dopamine receptors for seeing people who reply to my threads

I don't need to fill my dopamine receptors for seeing people who reply to my threads
But you need people to bump it for others to see

Both of my parents grew up playing outside mostly and they had both had nearsightedness as teens still so it was over for me.

Most recent research is actually questioning this whole "looking at things from a close distance for prolonged periods of time" thing (sorry for not finding a better description).

It appears much more reasonable that a lack of sunlight during development is the true cause of near-sightedness. Not only does a lack of sunlight (which virtually everyone living in industrialized regions has) cause vitamin D deficiency - vitamin D is neccessary for proper development of all organs including the eyes - but the light itself (especially UVB rays) is neccessary as well to stimulate proper growth of the eyes.
A higher/longer exposure to sunlight is linked with decreased risk for myopia and studies on animals and children are backing this up.

Lack-of-sunlight-theory is the only one so far that has been giving consistent results in studies whereas accomodation theory has been controversial and of mixed outcomes.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, PrisonMike, middayshowers and 1 other person
Most recent research is actually questioning this whole "looking at things from a close distance for prolonged periods of time" thing (sorry for not finding a better description).

It appears much more reasonable that a lack of sunlight during development is the true cause of near-sightedness. Not only does a lack of sunlight (which virtually everyone living in industrialized regions has) cause vitamin D deficiency - vitamin D is neccessary for proper development of all organs including the eyes - but the light itself (especially UVB rays) is neccessary as well to stimulate proper growth of the eyes.
A higher/longer exposure to sunlight is linked with decreased risk for myopia and studies on animals and children are backing this up.

Lack-of-sunlight-theory is the only one so far that has been giving consistent results in studies whereas accomodation theory has been controversial and of mixed outcomes.
if the "lack of sunlight" theory was right, then all young guys who spend a lot of time outside (for example those who practice sports like soccer, football and tennis) would never develop myopia.

mewing
can cure it

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, SpearOfOrion and Lorsss
mewing
can cure it
growing maxillas, fixing crooked teeth, improving eyesight.... tongue posture would be great if it were not a lie inveted by Mew to become famous

sun gazing jfl

if the "lack of sunlight" theory was right, then all young guys who spend a lot of time outside (for example those who practice sports like soccer, football and tennis) would never develop myopia.
I'd be cautious with such claims. "A lot of time" is a vague term and there isn't enough UV-B exposure in all latitudes year round, especially those far away from the equator, to enable adequate vitamin D synthesis. Western lifestyle, including spending the most critical hours of the day inside (e.g. school), is very likely to contribute to myopia and other illnesses with increasing occurence. We just don't live the way nature - or our biology - intended us to anymore.
I myself started developing nearsightedness after a year in primary school.

You cant reverse 3.0 myopia

Just get contacts. It takes maybe 2 minutes a day max to put them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back