Cutting wooden chopsticks and sticking them between my molars for arch expansion (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME).

BornAgainChad

BornAgainChad

Sexy incel
I cut two wooden sticks to a length about a couple mm's longer than between two of my molars, sanded them, and stuck them between my teeth. I'm hoping that this will expand my arch and relieve crowding.

I decided to try this method when I read about how the method of palate expansion was discovered when a screw was stuck between a girl's teeth for two weeks, and her palate was wider after that time frame.

Is this stupid and dangerous? Yes, that's why nobody should try this except for me. I am merely experimenting to see if this will work.

• +1
Reactions: Steve bachall, The Dude Abides, androidcel and 2 others
Great idea.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides and BornAgainChad
Interesting, but why not just get a proper expander by visiting your orthotropist ?

Interesting, but why not just get a proper expander by visiting your orthotropist ?
I don't have any orthotropists nearby where I live, but I'll probably be consulting with one ASAP.

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
Well try it and let us know how it goes.

• +1
Reactions: BornAgainChad and Wincel
dedicatedcel

• +1
Reactions: BornAgainChad
It seems like a good idea but be careful that it doesn't suddenly pop out and cause you to choke on it.

It seems like a good idea but be careful that it doesn't suddenly pop out and cause you to choke on it.
That's why I only use it while awake, and also why they're both attached together on a string that hangs out of my mouth. If it pops out and I somehow start choking, I can just grab the string and yank both of them out.

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides
Sure, it'll expand your intermolar width, by tipping your teeth outwards and possibly loosening them. It's a bad idea.

At least the most likely result is tipping of the molars outwards and I personally think it sounds like an awful idea. But who knows? Maybe you get great results. It's just that almost all palate expanders do not touch the teeth for this very reason, tipping. I'm not an expert, and the science surrounding facial growth in adults and teenagers desperately needs data and cases to point to. Just be warned that most orthotropic treatment focuses on expanding the palate without touching the teeth.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Sean O'Aspie
Sure, it'll expand your intermolar width, by tipping your teeth and loosening them. It's a fucking terrible idea. If you want intermolar width you'll need to expand the palate. If you just tip the teeth like this, you won't even get any benefits from the added intermolar width, because your actual palate hasn't changed and thus your appearance and airways won't improve either.

All you're doing is tipping the molars outwards and I personally think it sounds like an awful idea. But who knows? Maybe you get great results. Just be warned that most orthotropic treatment focuses on expanding the palate, ideally without touching the teeth at all.
I'm actually using it on multiple molars, at a semi-rapid rate which should ideally give less dental movement. But I will be watching my teeth and see if I can observe any of these changes, and if the negative changes do occur, I'll stop immediately.

• +1
Reactions: SomethingOff
a true looksmaxing pioneer

• +1
Reactions: androidcel and BornAgainChad
Can you pm me your facepulling setup? Im interested how you do it.

Dont be stupid boyo. Firstly, how can you fit them between if theyre actually wider than your intermolar width? Secondly, palate expander NEVER apply force directly to the teeth and thirdly at best you will increase distance between only those molars. Palate expanders apply an even force distributed across the entire hard palate.
On another note does anyone know how to contact mew for a Skype session?

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides and Pendejo