Day 1: Review of Smile Direct (cheap invisible braces)

Tricky

Tricky

Resident Professor
All over social media there's been advertisements for teeth straightening services. I used Smile Direct, but there are plenty other options (at least in the US) for this type of service.

"Why did you get braces?"

I got them to fix my lower third, which was messed up due to my overbite. Beyond that, my crooked teeth did show when I was smiling and talking, so I wanted to straighten them out.

"What's it like wearing them?"

At first, they really fucking hurt, but some Advil (over the counter pain medication) does help. You change "braces" every week, this is part of the reason they're so cheap compared to other services. It's because you don't need to see a Dentist to get them.

"How big of a difference will they make?"

On Smile Direct's website, they show what the final set of braces will look like, and also by extension, what my teeth will look like.

"Do people know that you're wearing the braces?"

Honestly, not really. You'd have to be really looking hard for it to notice, and most people aren't staring at your teeth TBH.

"How much money is it?"

Smile Direct was around 1800USD down, more if you wanted to do a monthly plan. There are other services which may cost less, do your homework.

"This is x amount of money that could be used for REAL Lookmaxing, like Rhinoplasty, or a Jaw implant."

Part of Looksmaxing involving *thinking* that you're more attractive, and not necessarily being more attractive. I'm not saying that confidence/personality is all you need, or that teeth straightening is some magical cure for ugly people, but it's something that makes me feel a lot better than a surgery like Rhinoplasty would.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
too long to read

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 6401
im gonna be on invisalign next month. Will make thread. Was going to do smile direct club but parents offered to pay for the invisalign so I'll take that.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Tricky
Quite nice, I don't need them for now but it's a fine addition

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401