Debunking. Money in exchange Looks (rich man dating trophy wife), barely exists.

eduardkoopman

eduardkoopman

Sub-Mod
The stereotypical example of that is known in sociology as a “beauty-status exchange”—an attractive person marries a wealthy or otherwise powerful person, and both win.

University of Notre Dame sociologist Elizabeth McClintock has done exhaustive research on the idea of people exchanging traits.

McClintock found that outside of ailing tycoons (super rich), in the practical world it basically doesn’t exist. Where it does, it doesn’t last. The dominant force in mating is matching.

What appears to be an exchange of beauty for socioeconomic status is often actually not an exchange, McClintock wrote, but a series of matched virtues. Economically successful women partner with economically successful men, and physically attractive women partner with physically attractive men.

“Sometimes you hear that really nice guys get hot girls,” McClintock told me, “[but] I found that really nice guys get really nice girls. [Being nice] is not really buying you any currency in the attractiveness realm. If the guys are hot, too, then sure, they can get a hot girl.”

Because people of high socioeconomic status are, on average, rated as more physically attractive than people of lower status, many correlations between one partner's appearance and the other partner's status are spurious and misconstrued.

“Women spend a lot more time trying to look good than men do,” McClintock said

I think this is correct.
Like guy with good salaries, but not mega rich. it doesn't help that much.

• +1
Reactions: Karstossos, long_midface, Deleted member 275 and 3 others
The badness with these relationship studies is that they only show half the story. Who was the woman fucking before she decided to settle with her equal? Only examining LTRs leads to very beta conclusions, like how the friendzone is the best place to start a relationship.

It trivializes the importance of women’s careers in a social sense: It’s telling women that what matters is your looks, and your other accomplishments and qualities don’t matter on the partner market. The truth is, people are evaluating women for their looks, and they’re evaluating men for their looks. Women are as shallow as men when it comes to appearance, and they should focus on their own accomplishments. If women want an accomplished guy, that’s going to come with being accomplished.”

This is just not true. Men don't really care for the career of a woman. A woman does not like it when a man earns less than her (or her friends husband's).

• JFL
Reactions: rawdogprince
Din read not to be mean but I’m lazy

Wait old rich guys can’t get pussy???

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Money is jewish materialist cope.