Dermarolling is BAD for skin.

Dermarolling and microneedling are same thing

Retin a = tretinoin = the god of skincare

red light therapy = bonus, basically supplementing sunlight.
Gotcha. Wouldn’t the red light therapy then be a contributor to aging the skin? Because I thought even artificial light can harm skin (but more slowly obviously).

So what’s a good routine for someone getting into skinmaxxing? I’m confused on the differences between dermarolling and dermaneedling, retin a and retinol, and whether red light therapy is necessary. All I do right now is use a basic face wash and moisturizer with sunscreen.
The routine depends on age, imo!

The mentioned stuff. Is mainly about Collagen maxxing (collagen prevents stuff like: wrinkles, dull skin, etc.. Good collagen = elastic and youthfull skin). Retin-A/Tretinoin has more effect beyond collagen, as it is also great for acne people.

Now this is highly dependant on age, wether it's necesairy to Collagen. I mean, an 18 year old man, doesn't need to imo.
I would say, below 25. Don't worry about collagen maxxing. Just focus only on skin protection: aka: moisterising + sunblock.
After 25 years old. The Collagen reaper attacks. And it's good to start Collagen maxxing if you wanna keep a youthfull skin. I'm 35, so I need collagen maxxing alot.
coldec.jpg

Proven ways to attack the Collagen reaper, after 25:
1. sunblock and staying out of the sun
2. dermarolling or dermaneedling (dermarolling is the needling 1.0; and that derma-pen-stamp is the bettered 2.0 version of the same principle)
3. Retin-A/tretinoin
4. red light therapy

Retinol, also helps with collagen. But is way way less strong then the above mentioned things. Even though marketing of cosmetics products try to make you beleive retinol is magic for collagen. It's effect compared to above is low, but still there is some effect. So good to use. to quote: "retinol should be effective in the treatment of aging and photoaging [aka collagen]. However, the vehicle used for retinol delivery would play a crucial role in eliciting its efficacy, as retinol is extremely unstable and easily gets degraded to biologically inactive forms on exposure to light and air."

Here a legit post about Collagen maxxing

Them Collagen reaper

Last edited:
The routine depends on age, imo!

The mentioned stuff. Is mainly about Collagen maxxing (collagen prevents stuff like: wrinkles, dull skin, etc.. Good collagen = elastic and youthfull skin). Retin-A/Tretinoin has more effect beyond collagen, as it is also great for acne people.

Now this is highly dependant on age, wether it's necesairy to Collagen. I mean, an 18 year old man, doesn't need to imo.
I would say, below 25. Don't worry about collagen maxxing. Just focus only on skin protection: aka: moisterising + sunblock.
After 25 years old. The Collagen reaper attacks. And it's good to start Collagen maxxing if you wanna keep a youthfull skin. I'm 35, so I need collagen maxxing alot.
coldec.jpg

Proven ways to attack the Collagen reaper, after 25:
1. sunblock and staying out of the sun
2. dermarolling or dermaneedling (dermarolling is the needling 1.0; and that derma-pen-stamp is the bettered 2.0 version of the same principle)
3. Retin-A/tretinoin
4. red light therapy

Retinol, also helps with collagen. But is way way less strong then the above mentioned things. Even though marketing of cosmetics products try to make you beleive retinol is magic for collagen. It's effect compared to above is low, but still there is some effect. So good to use. to quote: "retinol should be effective in the treatment of aging and photoaging [aka collagen]. However, the vehicle used for retinol delivery would play a crucial role in eliciting its efficacy, as retinol is extremely unstable and easily gets degraded to biologically inactive forms on exposure to light and air."

Here a legit post about Collagen maxxing

Them Collagen reaper
Thanks bro. I’m 24 but I do think I need to start collagen maxxing. My glow and skin tightness have declined a ton from when I was 20-21 and my wrinkles and creases really show when I smile. The reaper has already started its work.

Thanks bro. I’m 24 but I do think I need to start collagen maxxing. My glow and skin tightness have declined a ton from when I was 20-21 and my wrinkles and creases really show when I smile. The reaper has already started its work.
Yep. Start the collagen maxxing asap. I recommened them all, but at least retinA/tretinoin, sunblock, dermaroller/dermastamp/dermaneedling. Red light therapy also good.

A man is as old has collagen skin levels/qulity and his hairline.
Copy of Innovation is an idea applied well   Made with PosterMyWall

Yep. Start the collagen maxxing asap. I recommened them all, but at least retinA/tretinoin, sunblock, dermaroller/dermastamp/dermaneedling. Red light therapy also good.

A man is as old has collagen skin levels/qulity and his hairline.
View attachment 272437
Gonna get on them asap. Do you have a good recommendation for a dermaroller to start off?

Gonna get on them asap. Do you have a good recommendation for a dermaroller to start off?
As long as it is Titanium, then it should be fine, that is important. Don't use to long needles, but short ones lik 0.5mm . And buy alcohol/disinfectant to disinfect it later, to clean the dermroller if you gonna re-use.
I used this combo (wash face relly good beforehand, plus use a bit of disinfectioning of skin):
Titanium Dermaroller
Vitamine C Serum (the ordinairy)
Desinfection Alcohol 80%

I dermarolled for the first time friday, and at first it seemed like my skin was looking a bit better. But then, Sunday I woke up and realized that my skin looked like SHIT again. It looked low collagen, horrible skin tone, my scars looked insanely inflamed. Fast forward to today and my skin REALLY looks like shit now. It looked decent before I dermarolled but now it looks like ASS despite keeping up with daily retin-a applications.

Now that I found this article it makes sense. Putting stress on your face is never going to make it look better. The collagen "flare up" I got was only temporary, and now my body has run out of it to produce. The only thing that will make your skin looked better is tretinoin (it is designed to give a "slow" stream of collagen) and being healthy. This really opened my eyes and now I understand all these people that go on and on about being "all natural" and shit. Some of this "beauty" stuff will fuck you up, PERIOD.

My dermaroller is now exclusively a hairloss tool. And even then that's probably fucking up my skin somehow too. Just in general I have not had a good experience with dermarolling. I looked better before I started it. I use the A6 DrPen btw, a "professional" dermaroller. I looked the best during the period where I was not dermarolling, and that's a big fucking blackpill. I'm not going to use my dermapen AT ALL for 3 days and report on how my skin looks. Wish me luck boyos.

giphy.gif
@tincelw thoughts?