Differin (Adapalene 0.1%) brutally mogs Retin-A (tretinoin) and Accutane (GTFIH skinmaxxers)

O

Ocelot

Although tretinoin and sometimes isotretinoin is recommended for acne, anti-aging, and general skin texture improvement often on this forum, I’ve never seen anyone recommended adapalene, a newer retinoid, despite it being better than Retin-A and Accutane.
Differin is available OTC, unlike the other two retinoids.

Adapalene is significantly less irritating to the skin compared to tretinoin, which is very harsh

Adapalene is significantly more effective than tretinoin in reducing acne lesions

Adapalene, retinol, and retinaldehyde are comparably effective to tretinoin, but less irritating

Accutane has a myriad of side effects, other retinoids show equal effectiveness, why risk it?
https://europepmc.org/article/med/1301795

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: hattrick, Deleted member 22354, .👽. and 5 others
Does it stunt growth?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Cope

@benignice saids retin a mogs

• +1
D04A7E3F D422 4D1E B565 625CBEBA2378

• +1
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zelkxd, Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2205 and 3 others
Differin doesn't do jack shit for your skin. I used it for 3 months and all it did was make my face red and dry. Still got huge, cystic acne whilst on Differin as well. Also Differin being OTC is much more expensive than RetinA online, it's like $20 for a tiny ass little tube.

• +1
Differin doesn't do jack shit for your skin. I used it for 3 months and all it did was make my face red and dry. Still got huge, cystic acne whilst on Differin as well. Also Differin being OTC is much more expensive than RetinA online, it's like $20 for a tiny ass little tube.
You’re supposed to use one pea sized dab for your entire face, so a small tube is enough for a few months. Also anecdotal evidence <
Evidence of a differin purge does exist, but the same happens with tretinoin. You’re supposed to use it for upwards of 6-9 months to surely see effects if used properly, every night.

• +1
But tretinoin works on more receptors than adapalene. Won't by using adapalene you will be missing out? After all it's "looksmax".

• +1
All of this is cope by the way guys am I right guys bros

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, RichardSpencel and Xander578
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2227, RichardSpencel and 1 other person
You’re supposed to use one pea sized dab for your entire face, so a small tube is enough for a few months. Also anecdotal evidence <
Evidence of a differin purge does exist, but the same happens with tretinoin. You’re supposed to use it for upwards of 6-9 months to surely see effects if used properly, every night.
I've used Differin for 3-4 months 2 times with zero results. And I remember doing research as well, the purge is in the first 2 weeks and your skin should be extremely clear by month 3. Didn't happen for me. And like I said, I did my research, I used a pea sized amount (and moisturizer after it dried) and that shit was pure copium.

• +1
Reactions: Darwined, Deleted member 6401 and Fear
But tretinoin works on more receptors than adapalene. Won't by using adapalene you will be missing out? After all it's "looksmax".
Yes, it does. By selectively targeting receptors (nuclear retinoic acid receptor), it reduces skin irritation, but still shoes the same effectiveness as shown in the multiple studies referenced.

• +1
I've used Differin for 3-4 months 2 times with zero results. And I remember doing research as well, the purge is in the first 2 weeks and your skin should be extremely clear by month 3. Didn't happen for me. And like I said, I did my research, I used a pea sized amount (and moisturizer after it dried) and that shit was pure copium.
Tazrorac and retin A or death

• +1
You haven't said anything about tretinoin so I'm assuming you haven't used it.

IDK TBH, if tret works on your skin, great, if that doesn't too, perhaps you have less receptivity to retinoids? Might not be an issue with differin, as it has been shown as very effective.

• +1
If differin also makes your face redn dry then there's no reason to use it because tretinoin does the same but with stronger anti aging properties.

• +1
If differin also makes your face redn dry then there's no reason to use it because tretinoin does the same but with stronger anti aging properties.
Retinol works for me, helps with acne, doesn't make my face red, and makes my skin smoother. May bump up to retinA .025% in the future.

• +1
Retinol works for me, helps with acne, doesn't make my face red, and makes my skin smoother. May bump up to retinA .025% in the future.
In my case when I use tretinoin 0.5 everyday for several days my nose and the sides of it get very red and scaly. Hell even applying mousturizer at that stage burns my face.

I should point out than when I apply tretinoin I feel a burning sensation for the first half an hour or so. Then it stops.

• +1
In my case when I use tretinoin 0.5 everyday for several days my nose and the sides of it get very red and scaly. Hell even applying mousturizer at that stage burns my face.

I should point out than when I apply tretinoin I feel a burning sensation for the first half an hour or so. Then it stops.
I've used RetinA back in 2015 or so as a bluepiller, my dermatologist gave it to me in hopes of killing my acne without accutane. It was too high a dose (.08% almost max dosage) and made my face peel off. So now that I know more about skin care I'm going to go on retinol for maybe a month or so to get used to it, then if I see no changes I'll up to .025% retinol until I can get used to it and keep bumping it up.

• +1
Adapalene doesn't do shit compared to isotretinoin, cause Accutane is for extreme cysts, adalpalene is for spot treatments and maintenance after you take a course of accutane. I've used both.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Fear and middayshowers
I’ve never seen anyone recommended adapalene,
Its recommended all the time on here.
Retin-A and Accutane
You can't compare tretinoin and adapalene to isotretinoin. To do so would be disingenuous.
@benignice saids retin a mogs
No, I said we've been using tretinoin for much longer and therefore have more evidence for its efficacy. Some people get on better with adapalene, some with tretinoin.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Morpheus and Chadelite

You can't compare tretinoin and adapalene to isotretinoin. To do so would be disingenuous.

No, I said we've been using tretinoin for much longer and therefore have more evidence for its efficacy. Some people get on better with adapalene, some with tretinoin.
Why is comparing them to isotretinoin disingenuous? When I genuinely don't know what's wrong with doing that.

• +1
No it doesn't

I was on differin for 6 months and it did literally nothing for my skin except dry it out, I still had bad acne. It was only on accutane that my acne was removed. In terms of stopping acne differin/retinoids are like a gun while accutane is a missile. jfl at thinking they have equal effectiveness. Accutane is seen as a last resort for bad acne by dermatologists for a reason

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Stingray
No it doesn't

I was on differin for 6 months and it did literally nothing for my skin except dry it out, I still had bad acne. It was only on accutane that my acne was removed. In terms of stopping acne differin/retinoids are like a gun while accutane is a missile. jfl at thinking they have equal effectiveness. Accutane is seen as a last resort for bad acne by dermatologists for a reason
Accutane >

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, RichardSpencel and Fear
I'm pretty sure Retin-A works on all skin receptors, and Adapalene only works in one. There is a reason why Retin-A is the golden standard for dermatologists.

• +1
Reactions: .👽. and Deleted member 6401
tretinoin mogs

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 6401
Are these for skin colour maxing or acne?

• +1
Why is comparing them to isotretinoin disingenuous? When I genuinely don't know what's wrong with doing that.
See @middayshowers comment for a fairly apt description of the difference.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and middayshowers
Bro accutane doesnt stunt growth do i need to tell this to you fucking aspiecells every fucking single time

• +1
Bro accutane doesnt stunt growth do i need to tell this to you fucking aspiecells every fucking single time
Your word means shit compared to several studies which say the opposite.

• +1
Post them here so people can see what you are talking about instead of playing smart
I
I have studied this a lot and talked to many diffrent doctors about this so shut the fuck up

• +1
Post them here so people can see what you are talking about instead of playing smart
I

I have studied this a lot and talked to many diffrent doctors about this so shut the fuck up
You idiot one of the studies is literally in the post...

Accutane is known to have effects on your joints and bones due to it being taken orally. Although I admit that this isn’t strong meta-analysis evidence it’s still reason enough to be wary. Your “studies this a lot and talked to different doctors” means shit to me. Ragingcel jfl

• +1
Adapalene is ultra interesting, his twin brothers are very strong dopaminergic agents, also serotonin antagonist plus several others cell protective effects

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and her
Although tretinoin and sometimes isotretinoin is recommended for acne, anti-aging, and general skin texture improvement often on this forum, I’ve never seen anyone recommended adapalene, a newer retinoid, despite it being better than Retin-A and Accutane.
Differin is available OTC, unlike the other two retinoids.

Adapalene is significantly less irritating to the skin compared to tretinoin, which is very harsh

Adapalene is significantly more effective than tretinoin in reducing acne lesions

Adapalene, retinol, and retinaldehyde are comparably effective to tretinoin, but less irritating

Accutane has a myriad of side effects, other retinoids show equal effectiveness, why risk it?
https://europepmc.org/article/med/1301795

Ive been using differin 1mg/g for 5 months now. Took 3 months for for most of my acne to go away. Now im getting only 1-2 pimples a week. This has made my skin from oily to dry and flaky tho

• +1
Adapalene is ultra interesting, his twin brothers are very strong dopaminergic agents, also serotonin antagonist plus several others cell protective effects
Can you elaborate?

• +1

Is there much evidence that adapalene could be effective as a collagen-boosting drug or is it better to stick with Retin-A?

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth and Deleted member 6401
Is there much evidence that adapalene could be effective as a collagen-boosting drug or is it better to stick with Retin-A?
We've not been using adapalene for anywhere near as long as we have used tretinoin for treating ageing, so if you're looking for that kind of volume of evidence, then no. However, what we do have is promising and adapalene is generally better tolerated than tretinoin (and also obviously has the advantage of being OTC in the US).

• +1
We've not been using adapalene for anywhere near as long as we have used tretinoin for treating ageing, so if you're looking for that kind of volume of evidence, then no. However, what we do have is promising and adapalene is generally better tolerated than tretinoin (and also obviously has the advantage of being OTC in the US).

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I'll probably stick with Retin-A for now. BTW, I can't remember if I asked you about this already, but what's your opinion of GHK-Cu? Worth using? Also, do you have any opinions on topical vs. injection use?

• +1
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I'll probably stick with Retin-A for now. BTW, I can't remember if I asked you about this already, but what's your opinion of GHK-Cu? Worth using? Also, do you have any opinions on topical vs. injection use?
I like it. I think there needs to be more research done but I think its incredibly promising and I regularly use products which contain it. As for topical vs parenteral, that is the point at which it becomes medical instead of a cosmetic and I absolutely know my limits so I'm not going to get into that one.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 3043
I like it. I think there needs to be more research done but I think its incredibly promising and I regularly use products which contain it. As for topical vs parenteral, that is the point at which it becomes medical instead of a cosmetic and I absolutely know my limits so I'm not going to get into that one.

I've actually been injecting 5-6 mg/day of GHK-Cu for the last few months and am planning on either buying a high-strength facial serum or making my own so that I can apply it topically on my face as well. Also looking into buying bulk apocynin and mixing it into a hyaluronic acid serum and applying that topically as well.

• +1
Accutane is supreme! A gift from the gods

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Fear and RichardSpencel
I have Differin and idk what I’m supposed to use it for

• +1
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: .👽., Deleted member 6401, RichardSpencel and 1 other person
I think i'll stick to tretinoin

• +1
  • +1
Can you elaborate?
It basically have a ton of beneficial effects on cells. Lowering cortisol, inflammation and make the cells more lipophilic, thus basically protecting of any kind of stressor.

At higher dosages is a very strong dopamine agonist just like cabergoline

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and her