Dilemma

Deleted member 616

Deleted member 616

BeChadOrDieTryin'
Since I have an overbite, when I clench my teeth together, I'll have a clearly recessed chin and invisible mandibles, but my cheekbones look more defined and I get hollow cheeks. However, when I put my jaw forward with only my front teeth touching each other, my chin and jaw look fine. But in this case, I practically have no hollow cheeks anymore.

Anyone has the similar problem?

This is how my teeth look in case 1:
Initial central

In case 2 (my back teeth don't meet)
Bruxismo 35 anni posizione reference

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
I have recessed lower third without bite problems.

I have recessed lower third without bite problems.
My lower third looks recessed when I'm chewing, but it looks fine in natural state.

what about ccw mma?

@rickfoley

I have this problem as well, I look like shit when eating

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 616
Since I have an overbite, when I clench my teeth together, I'll have a clearly recessed chin and invisible mandibles, but my cheekbones look more defined and I get hollow cheeks. However, when I put my jaw forward with only my front teeth touching each other, my chin and jaw look fine. But in this case, I practically have no hollow cheeks anymore.

Anyone has the similar problem?

This is how my teeth look in case 1:
View attachment 21328

In case 2 (my back teeth don't meet)
View attachment 21329
i have the exact same problem as you dude, my orthodontist removed my braces before my overbite was fixed, I didn't know at the time, no I'm pissed at her.
went to a new dentist 2 weeks ago, he said I have the deepest overbite he's ever seen

i have the exact same problem as you dude, my orthodontist removed my braces before my overbite was fixed, I didn't know at the time, no I'm pissed at her.
went to a new dentist 2 weeks ago, he said I have the deepest overbite he's ever seen
:feelscry::feelscry::feelscry:

• +1
Reactions: HailToTheKing
i still have hollow cheeks when my frontal teeth touch tho...when I clench it's insane but my chin gets smaller like really fucking smaller I hate this shit

i still have hollow cheeks when my frontal teeth touch tho...when I clench it's insane but my chin gets smaller like really fucking smaller I hate this shit
How can we fix this shit? I have my braces in for 1.5 years and still have an overbite

isn't a slight overbite ideal though? my back teeth line up perfectly and I have a slight overbite

• +1
How can we fix this shit? I have my braces in for 1.5 years and still have an overbite
Genio will fix chin hopefully, maybe a BSSO could help

tbh tho depends on your whole face, if you have a gummy smile you might go lefort 1 osteomety with genio or even with BSSO

isn't a slight overbite ideal though? my back teeth line up perfectly and I have a slight overbite
as you can see in the op's picture his lower teeth are touching his gums on top this is caused by a recessed mandible thus being classified as a class 2 malocclusion
Genio

tbh tho depends on your whole face, if you have a gummy smile you might go lefort 1 osteomety with genio or even with BSSO
how much does that shit cost?
you have to wear elastics for your mandible to shift, also your maxilla can shift back too, this shit happened to me

as you can see in the op's picture his lower teeth are touching his gums on top this is caused by a recessed mandible thus being classified as a class 2 malocclusion

you have to wear elastics for your mandible to shift, also your maxilla can shift back too, this shit happened to me
Genio is less than 2-2.5k at EE, not sure how good surgeons are here.

• +1

I have been wearing elastics the whole time, mandible can shift forward but how does it bring our back teeth together?

• +1
I have been wearing elastics the whole time, mandible can shift forward but how does it bring our back teeth together?
elastics just make your mandible grow forward, in some rare cases it can make your maxilla go backwards too, resulting in poor forward growth

genio just changes your chin wtf doesn't fix malocclusion

Yeah I edited my comment bc it wasn't great. Genio can help with appearance of weak chin, caused by malocclusion...

Look up BSSO surgery as well for malocclusion... The reality is you will likely need surgery coupled with other orthodontic methods to get a good result.

I know slideshare is filled with a lot of Indian shit, but check this slide and start at pages 43-45 for treatment options. It all depends on your mouth tbh... https://www.slideshare.net/zeinaabo...7f-489d-8ac0-2ef83f784d30&v=&b=&from_search=1

How old are you? I'm already 27 and I don't know if my problem can still be fixed

How old are you? I'm already 27 and I don't know if my problem can still be fixed
im 16 tho im fucked if i dont get surgery, guess i have to get genio

doesn't a myobrace easily solve bite problems though
we dont have myobrace in our country, best I could hope for is some shitty one from aliexpress, you need checkups at your dentist to keep adjusting the myobrace

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
we dont have myobrace in our country, best I could hope for is some shitty one from aliexpress, you need checkups at your dentist to keep adjusting the myobrace
a lot of people have had rly good results with myobraces they've ordered online

• +1
Reactions: androidcel and Deleted member 470
That's not an overbite. Front teeth aren't supposed to be right on top of each other lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
That's not an overbite. Front teeth aren't supposed to be right on top of each other lol
look at the first picture tho
real braces cost way more anyway, that's still relatively cheap, even here
I had braces, shitload of money was spent, shitty dentist removed the braces before my overbite was fixed...smh how she even qualified