Do braces actually recess you?

Grey

Grey

Iron
So reading some posts about braces possibly being able to recess you reminded me of when I wore them with rubber bands around the 6th grade to middle school(maybe even earlier)

I look at photos of when I was younger before I had braces I had no scleral show,decent eye support, and that the slight NCT in my right eye has been exagerrated. Also it looks like my eyes are closed/tired if I don't force them open.

My dad never had braces and he had kinda jacked up teeth but he had hooded eyes and good undereye support, no scleral show mogs me to death and my mom(didnt have braces either) has undereye support while I don't

If it was the braces shit sucks because I never talk to people so they wouldn't have to look at my teeth anyways, I legit have 1 irl friend so its possibly over.

Am I coping on thinking it was the braces that killed my eye area or genetics? If the braces cucked me what procedure/procedures can I get to fix this shit if possible? heading to bed...

• So Sad
Reactions: ManzareK
no

get some help

• +1
Reactions: kuroro
They can, but they usually don't.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746 and WadlowMaxxing
only extractions

Maybe slightly, but what they can really do is hinder further growth/development I'm pretty sure

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5969
Its a big misconception that braces alone recess you. The thing is, more often than not do Orthodontist extract teeth for braces. That will inevitably recess you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, ifyouwannabemylover and Acnno
what if you extracted teeth without braces
Its still bad. And it will recess over time due to bone reabsorption. If u had it done, get a dental implant as soon as possible. Having all 32 teeth is the foundation of your face.

• +1
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
No, extractions however can.
You were meant to recess.

The same circumstances that caused you to need braces caused your face to recede further after the treatment.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
Its still bad. And it will recess over time due to bone reabsorption. If u had it done, get a dental implant as soon as possible. Having all 32 teeth is the foundation of your face.
I was born without a incisor tooth, should I consider a implant? :eek:

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 5746
No but braces to fix an overjet can make ur upper lip flatter, which looks worse

yeah if you didnt keep your lips together during treatment.

not a fan of braces
-feb 12th

In a growing patient it's possible for mechanics to be used that lead to unfavorable facial changes, but no, braces do not recess you.

if you are still growing

yes

No, but the thing is: Only recessed people actually need braces (so almost everyone now because of our bad nutrition). Look up Weston Price. If you and your mother ate a natural diet all your life you wouldnt ever need braces in the first place. Just like every other wild animal, humans would have perfect bone structure.

Over from day one!

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
no but elastics will. i threw my elastics away instantly jfl

They do very slightly. Braces are worth it for straight teeth

Had braces as a child/teen. No recession.

• +1
Reactions: tyronelite
So many autistic "doctors" on here JFL

Braces do NOT recess you. You're recessed, because you're a genetic SUBHUMAN. I've seen many who went through braces and still look good afterwards. Actually I had elastics done on my overjet, and if anything it's made me look better since JFL

• JFL
Reactions: tyronelite
Its a big misconception that braces alone recess you. The thing is, more often than not do Orthodontist extract teeth for braces. That will inevitably recess you.
Is extracting wisdom teeth ok

Braces do NOT recess you. You're recessed, because you're a genetic SUBHUMAN. I've seen many who went through braces and still look good afterwards. Actually I had elastics done on my overjet, and if anything it's made me look better since JFL
My 15 yr old brother has braces right now to fix a overjet lol he's gonna be a mogger when he turns 18