Do braces/elastics stunt growth or just make them grow downwards?

PjSon

PjSon

Iron
If they just made them grow downwards, one would be able to move the bone upwards.
Sadly it wont be possible if the growth was entirely stunted

So my question is whether elastics/braces stunt the growth of the mandibular and maxilla or just make them go downwards?

Would one have to live with a recessed chin his entire life then, unless one decides to have surgery?

Last edited:
If they just made them grow downwards, one would be able to move the bone upwards.
Sadly it wont be possible if the growth was entirely stunted

So my question is whether elastics/braces stunt the growth of the mandibular and maxilla or just make them go downwards?

Would one have to live with a recessed chin his entire life then, unless one decides to have surgery?
1. They would grow downwards.

2. Not necessarily, but surgery is the quickest way to fix that shit.

dont know about downward growth, but i notice every person around me who wear braces has inward tilted front tooth

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
How tf do you reverse downward growth? Even with surgery it's impossible (At least the vertical height of the nose is)

• +1
Bump because I would like an answer

How tf do you reverse downward growth? Even with surgery it's impossible (At least the vertical height of the nose is)
Its over for long midface bro. Only ccw has a slight decrease but doesnt affect the nose. If u have true long nose its unfixable cuz u need lefort 3 for that

• +1
Its over for long midface bro. Only ccw has a slight decrease but doesnt affect the nose. If u have true long nose its unfixable cuz u need lefort 3 for that
I think I have long philtrum tbh but idk I have a really fucking weird case ded srs

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Nebula
I think I have long philtrum tbh but idk I have a really fucking weird case ded srs
U can pm face if u need help bro. Otherwise there is nothing to really worry about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back