Do DHT blocking shampoos affect other parts of your body

KrissKross

KrissKross

Roped
If your DHT is low, it can really fuk you up. Its basically a part of what makes you a man. So would treatments to the scalp like shampoos that claim to block DHT effect anywhere else in the body? Finasteride for example is taken orally so its easy to see why that has impacts.

You should try to know.
Also research the ingredients to know that they aren't bullshit.

Doesn't DHT cause balding

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
Is there a way to see how high your dht levels are? I asked my doc but he said that it is not possible

If youre high t, your dht levels might be also high but not guaranteed

• +1
I'm not a medical specailist, but I would find it difficult to believe topically applied shampoo would affect you systemically. Will it penetrate skin? Likely. Will it be in such high levels as to cause a change in circulating hormone levels? Unlikely. From what I understand is that DHT blocking shampoos block the DHT receptors in hair follicles when applied to the scalp.

• +1
Is there a way to see how high your dht levels are? I asked my doc but he said that it is not possible

If youre high t, your dht levels might be also high but not guaranteed
It is possible with blood tests, idk about measuring them in the scalp tho.
I'm not a medical specailist, but I would find it difficult to believe topically applied shampoo would affect you systemically. Will it penetrate skin? Likely. Will it be in such high levels as to cause a change in circulating hormone levels? Unlikely. From what I understand is that DHT blocking shampoos block the DHT receptors in hair follicles when applied to the scalp.
RU58 is a topical androgen blocker.

If your DHT is low, it can really fuk you up. Its basically a part of what makes you a man. So would treatments to the scalp like shampoos that claim to block DHT effect anywhere else in the body? Finasteride for example is taken orally so its easy to see why that has impacts.
It affects people differently depending on whether their genetics will accept it better or worse.