Do i need braces for jaw surgery

fOreVER

fOreVER

Transchad
I want to go ahead with orthognathic surgery - ccw rotation, bsso and le fort 1. I have high expectations that my long midface will shorten, nose will become straight and less bulbous and better symmetry. Do i need braces beforehand

Also how much does it all cost in europe. Thx everyone:) <3

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
Pretty sure you need to braces for a year, yes.

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
How is your bite? Braces are used before jaw surgery the majority of the time because jaw surgery usually corrects a bite issue. If your bite is fine, it might be possible to do the surgery without braces, but both jaws would have to be moved by the same amount. CCW rotation also reduces tooth show. This is good if you have a gummy smile, but bad if you don't.

I've never heard anything about jaw surgery correcting a bulbous nose. I've heard that it can make the nasal base wider in some cases. Have you spoken with an oral surgeon?

How is your bite? Braces are used before jaw surgery the majority of the time because jaw surgery usually corrects a bite issue. If your bite is fine, it might be possible to do the surgery without braces, but both jaws would have to be moved by the same amount. CCW rotation also reduces tooth show. This is good if you have a gummy smile, but bad if you don't.

I've never heard anything about jaw surgery correcting a bulbous nose. I've heard that it can make the nasal base wider in some cases. Have you spoken with an oral surgeon?
No. I am assuming that if it straightens the nose it will push thr nose tip upwards and thus make it less bulbous as it stretches it. Idk my own assumption

I want to go ahead with orthognathic surgery - ccw rotation, bsso and le fort 1. I have high expectations that my long midface will shorten, nose will become straight and less bulbous and better symmetry. Do i need braces beforehand

Also how much does it all cost in europe. Thx everyone:) <3
is this the surgery @Dude420 got? minus the geno?

what is this supposed to do exactly.

@Dude420 got these surgeries because of sleep apnea. Everything except the geno was for health i think. How will it improve your looks exactly.

is this the surgery @Dude420 got? minus the geno?

what is this supposed to do exactly.

@Dude420 got these surgeries because of sleep apnea. Everything except the geno was for health i think. How will it improve your looks exactly.
Look up bimax before after. I am not a surgeon to explain this shit

gotcha man
For me my maxilla is down swung so ccw rotation will shorten my midface and fix the down swung. Le fort 1 will straighten the nose and might fix bulbous nose tip. Bimax will lengthen my jaw

Look up bimax before after. I am not a surgeon to explain this shit
oh shit dog, turns incel into normie. congrats you"ll ascend boyo
For me my maxilla is down swung so ccw rotation will shorten my midface and fix the down swung. Le fort 1 will straighten the nose and might fix bulbous nose tip. Bimax will lengthen my jaw
i could use a longer ramus lol, how much is it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849