DO NOT EAT AT A CALORIC DEFICIT

So then why tf is he saying you shouldnt go on a kcal defecit and instead do keto and fasting. When the only way to lose wait on keto and fasting is to be on a kcal defect?

Oh shit fr? I dont believe you man
What? I don't know who that guy is. Good luck losing weight whilst not being in an energy deficit over time. (It won't work out for you). Do some research yourself and get on a good diet where you can sustainably expend more calories than you consume.
I have that Nick gurr guy on ignore so only found out what you were referring to now. I don't want you to take my advice, I don't care. Don't diet in a caloric deficit and that's fine with me. But don't expect to lose weight when not being in a deficit. DYOR seriously man, I think Nick Gurr is trying to troll you so you won't lose weight.

Last edited:
This is obese femshit coping

Researchers knew that just about anyone who deliberately loses weight — even if they start at a normal weight or even underweight — will have a slower metabolism when the diet ends. So they were not surprised to see that “The Biggest Loser” contestants had slow metabolisms when the show ended.

What shocked the researchers was what happened next: As the years went by and the numbers on the scale climbed, the contestants’ metabolisms did not recover. They became even slower, and the pounds kept piling on. It was as if their bodies were intensifying their effort to pull the contestants back to their original weight.

Is this true? Can we get some studies in here to either prove or disprove this. Seems like intentional LDAR material from fat acceptance propagandist NY times.

EDIT: Seems I was right. Looks like this was another intentional attack on society by NYT "journalists"

Author: Gina Kolata

:feelswhere::feelswhere::feelswhere:

Rebuttal: https://renaissancehumans.com/biggest-loser-study-calorie-restriction-slowed-metabolism/

Last edited:

Is this true? Can we get some studies in here to either prove or disprove this. Seems like intentional LDAR material from fat acceptance propagandist NY times.
Yes it's called metabolic adaptation to fatloss and is why I take 12.5mcg of T3 on 1 day every 12-20 or-so days during my long diet. I've posted about it on here before many times.

Yes it's called metabolic adaptation to fatloss and is why I take 12.5mcg of T3 on 1 day every 12-20 or-so days during my long diet. I've posted about it on here before many times.

Yes the metabolism adapts and you start to plateau but what they were saying is that it's permanent and that after years your metabolism is still impaired. Not true.

Yes the metabolism adapts and you start to plateau but what they were saying is that it's permanent and that after years your metabolism is still impaired. Not true.
Only if you diet for years. Metabolic crash is real, but it only crashes during long diets. If you start eating normally again your metabolism will go back to normal.

Calories don't matter, for example 5000 calories of fat is not the same with 5000 calories from carbs. I get more fat if I eat 1 mcdonalds menu a day and nothing else, than if I ate 3-4 meals of keto per day.

Only if you diet for years. Metabolic crash is real, but it only crashes during long diets. If you start eating normally again your metabolism will go back to normal.

Yes which was my point with the NYT article being deceptive. They made it sound like you can't lose weight without your body fighting you until you're fat again and then STILL having an impaired metabolism. It recovers once you aren't at a deficit.

Yes which was my point with the NYT article being deceptive. They made it sound like you can't lose weight without your body fighting you until you're fat again and then STILL having an impaired metabolism. It recovers once you aren't at a deficit.
Yeah fuck the NewYork Times

• +1
Reactions: MadMong
keto copers JFL

ok then explain why you will lose the muscle and ill believe you.
Because your body inevitably breaks down muscle when glycogen stores can't be replenished. Also I empirically experienced it when I tried keto.

Because your body inevitably breaks down muscle when glycogen stores can't be replenished. Also I empirically experienced it when I tried keto.
But have you looked at the anti catabolic effects of ketones?

And I also anecdotally experienced it by maintaining most my muscle