Do you train abs?

U

Unknownjpg

Bronze
Hi folks

Just a question to some of you guys, do you train abs? I thought when you get down to (10%) they’ll just show, is there any need to train em? I know there not the top things when it comes to body. If so what do you do, reps etc.

Hi folks

Just a question to some of you guys, do you train abs? I thought when you get down to (10%) they’ll just show, is there any need to train em? I know there not the top things when it comes to body. If so what do you do, reps etc.
Training them can make them thicker.

Hi folks

This "abs are made in the kitchen" thing is bullshit. Source: Me. You need to do some form of ab training, but crunches and shit seem very ineffective. (Do you think people doing those 15 minute cardio six pack youtube video routines actually get abs?) Right now I'm doing StrongLifts 5x5 which, according to the guy who wrote it, you should get abs just from low-bar squat (abs needed to balance the bar or something). Hell, looks like it worked for him. Mine are even starting to show despite me being ~20% BF as my diet has gone to shit.

This is the guy. Couldn't find a decent pic since he changed his site and replaced it with a shitty one. Here is a low quality version. Maybe you can see his abs.
Images

For the full routine and form guides and spreadsheets and all this great wonderful shit, go to https://stronglifts.com/
Routines purely for strength training are great to start out with, despite what some attempting body builder fags will tell you. You will build muscle in all the right places. (arm assistance is recommended though)

If you have a routine and just need to work your abs you should be deadlifting and squatting with proper form and are actually putting more weight on the bar over time.

Last edited:
Hi folks
?
dont judge me lmaoo

I thought having a day just for abs was a bit strange idk
Also Wincel, Im not on 5x5 atm i might go back when I go on a calorie surplus, I have alot of the exercises on 5x5 on my routine though.

what do you guys do add the exercises on a upper day etc, or just do em at home?

Abs are a meme, unless you live in a sunny beachside town, they're completely useless.

Work on your upper body instead.

Lower your bf and strenghten your core=easy abs

I thought when you get down to (10%) they’ll just show.

Yea, thats also why training legs is useless as you already use them to walk around all day anyways

training abs makes them show at high bf and makes them look better.
Crunch

I do weighted crunches on one of these. I put a 70lb dumbbell on my upper chest and do about 12 reps.

• +1
Reactions: ZyzzReincarnate
Yeah I get a good core workout when I'm fucking yo grandma with a strap on
It's true, I saw him fucking her the other day while I was walking by

I train abs 2 months before summer. It‘s only worth when people can see you naked imo

I do ab wheel roll outs sometimes, crunches/sit ups work your hip flexors.

Read my thread to become woke

Most important is the upper-body, max that shit out, all about those ratios, the rest is a luxury while your upper-body rests between sets. tbh. Anything else is cope to say your not a superficial douchebag.

of course not. I'm not a faggot

Abs are a meme, unless you live in a sunny beachside town, they're completely useless.

Work on your upper body instead.
You can take some good topless pics I guess

Be a cuck you mean.
wdym? I was talking about pics for tinder or something like that.

Not everyone can have a male model face tbh no matter how much they looksmax.

wdym? I was talking about pics for tinder or something like that.

Not everyone can have a male model face tbh no matter how much they looksmax.
Only cucks post shirtless photos on Tinder.

training abs makes them show at high bf and makes them look better.
View attachment 3828
I do weighted crunches on one of these. I put a 70lb dumbbell on my upper chest and do about 12 reps.

how do you avoid it falling/slipping off on your chest