Does bodyfat loss affect submental fat?

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
Obviously not to this magnitude maybe, but what I mean is this sort of a transformation, like under the chin area.
Shutterstock 744984061

Lets say you are between 25-30% body fat percentage, and you dropped down to maybe 12-15. Are you going tyo see a change at all in your submental area? Or would this purely be affected by liposuction? Most before and after transformations I see of people who lose bodyfat they always only show the front and never the side profile, so I am never able to tell whether or not the submental area as well as the fat around the jawline is affected by the weight loss.

• JFL
Reactions: sergeant blackpill
Not much. Those with a good jawline will still have it at up to around low 20% BF. It's the cheeks that's the biggest change I'm pretty sure everyone will agree.

Still, if you want that sharp, photogenic jawline, yeah, every little bit of leanness helps.

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet and Deleted member 6382
Not much. Those with a good jawline will still have it at up to around low 20% BF. It's the cheeks that's the biggest change I'm pretty sure everyone will agree.

Still, if you want that sharp, photogenic jawline, yeah, every little bit of leanness helps.
Guess I will have to lipomaxx then

Yes A lot. When I was 75kg.. I had annoying mini double chin.. Now its gone 100%. but it also depends of bones, fat distribution.

Yes A lot. When I was 75kg.. I had annoying mini double chin.. Now its gone 100%. but it also depends of bones, fat distribution.
Before and after pictures?

can confirm first hand. I have grotesque swollen hamster cheeck, I'm over 25% BF, but I have no double chin.

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
Before and after pictures?

I dont have pic but it really improves it... iF You are lean.. You will not have that kind of fat jaw unless you are recessed at subhuman level

I dont have pic but it really improves it... iF You are lean.. You will not have that kind of fat jaw unless you are recessed at subhuman level
Conflicting with what the others are saying ngl

Conflicting with what the others are saying ngl

It depends of bones. If you have strong bones under strong amount of fat. You will see much defined and more leaner ramus from side profile view.

It absolutely effects submental fat. Examples:

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet and metagross
Second pic probably had lipo to be fair
No lipo done by any of them. The last one had gastric sleeve surgery but that just results in general weight loss, not localized.
Those are extreme weight losses. What about 10-20 kg?
It's extreme weight loss, but also extreme starting points. Most people will have a much better submental region after losing 10-20 kg.

Best thing any of you can do is not waste time speculating about the weight loss, but achieving it and then working from there. People on this forum spend too much time trying to think their way out of making self improvements.

Those are extreme weight losses. What about 10-20 kg?
Exactly. I am 178 cm and 87kg. I am ideally looking to get to 65kg, so 22kg down.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 9391
No lipo done by any of them. The last one had gastric sleeve surgery but that just results in general weight loss, not localized.

It's extreme weight loss, but also extreme starting points. Most people will have a much better submental region after losing 10-20 kg.

Best thing any of you can do is not waste time speculating about the weight loss, but achieving it and then working from there. People on this forum spend too much time trying to think their way out of making self improvements.

Do you think I could notice a big difference? I am guessing I am 25% bodyfat or so since I am 87kg at 178 cm and I want to drop to 65kg. So 22kg surely should have an effect right?

Do you think I could notice a big difference? I am guessing I am 25% bodyfat or so since I am 87kg at 178 cm and I want to drop to 65kg. So 22kg surely should have an effect right?
Yes, and I think dropping from 25% to ideal bodyfat (8-10%) would likely be a dramatic improvement for your appearance.

No submental fat loss for a recessed chin