Does carnivore diet really cause arteriosclerosis?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
I don't want biased answers from both sides, just the truth. I've read papers that the Maasai had massive cases of arteriosclerosis even though they ran for 27km every day jfl. There is also studies done on eskimos where they founf huge cases of arteriosclerosis

@austrianvirgin

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and SkinjobCatastrophe
Yoo wait i forgot something, maybe they had arteriosclerosis cause they had too much LDL while having low HDL, if you have them in balance you won't get arteriosclerosis

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
No, arteriosclerosis is caused by oxidized LDL cholesterol. And it gets oxidized by sugars. So if you eat plenty of sugar/carbs (it's the same thing) you are at higher risk of developing arteriosclerosis and other heart problems.

It's been proven multiple times that a high fat/cholesterol diet doesn't confer any additional risk for cardiovascular disease (if anything recent studies shows that it's protective....and also is protective for brain degeneration). It's the high carbs diet that pose serious risks.

The carnivore diet eliminates all carbs (including gluten which is the main inflammatory protein and cause so many problems)...it's for people who have lots of food sensitivities. It's very restrictive but it's no bad for your health (if anything it's bad for your social life)

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Deleted member 9699
Go on r/zerocarb
This question is in their FAQ

They ran 27 km a day? Jfl the retards

• JFL
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and TsarTsar444
No, arteriosclerosis is caused by oxidized LDL cholesterol. And it gets oxidized by sugars. So if you eat plenty of sugar/carbs (it's the same thing) you are at higher risk of developing arteriosclerosis and other heart problems.

It's been proven multiple times that a high fat/cholesterol diet doesn't confer any additional risk for cardiovascular disease (if anything recent studies shows that it's protective....and also is protective for brain degeneration). It's the high carbs diet that pose serious risks.

The carnivore diet eliminates all carbs (including gluten which is the main inflammatory protein and cause so many problems)...it's for people who have lots of food sensitivities. It's very restrictive but it's no bad for your health (if anything it's bad for your social life)
Then what about the studies done on eskimos where they had big numbers of arteriosclerosis and got healthier when they started eating a westernized diet?

• Woah
arteriosclerosis is inevitable and yes excessive red meat will expedite the process

don now jus eet rau meet not worry

Then what about the studies done on eskimos where they had big numbers of arteriosclerosis and got healthier when they started eating a westernized diet?
what did they eat? and what changed?
Arteriosclerosis isn't due to a high fat or high protein diet...it's due to oxidized LDL, and sugar (so carbs) is the main oxidizer because it attaches itself to the LDL molecule

what did they eat? and what changed?
Arteriosclerosis isn't due to a high fat or high protein diet...it's due to oxidized LDL, and sugar (so carbs) is the main oxidizer because it attaches itself to the LDL molecule
Inuits live in the artic, there are zero carbs there, they only ate exclusively meat. They were found to have higher average of arteriosclerosis then the rest of the normal population. I linked the study in the OP

• Woah
Inuits live in the artic, there are zero carbs there, they only ate exclusively meat. They were found to have higher average of arteriosclerosis then the rest of the normal population. I linked the study in the OP
maybe it’s the fat or a vitamin in the meat or something

But in that article they don't say what they ate...they studied mummified corpses...look for normal studies
Carbs is the main risk for arteriosclerosis (as an environmental trigger) then of course genetics also play a role

You know the animals‘ feed determines the fatty acid composition of the meat, right?

• Woah
But in that article they don't say what they ate...they studied mummified corpses...look for normal studies
Carbs is the main risk for arteriosclerosis (as an environmental trigger) then of course genetics also play a role
And what would have mummified corpses in the artic eat? There is no carbs in those places, there is only protein and animal fat. Do you think there were some magical carbs that rained from heaven and then magically stoped. Your assertion is non sensible

• Woah
And what would have mummified corpses in the artic eat? There is no carbs in those places, there is only protein and animal fat. Do you think there were some magical carbs that rained from heaven and then magically stoped. Your assertion is non sensible
I wasted my time reading that article. Literally the sample size was a couple of mummified bodies. You do realize that studies (good ones that show correlations) are done with thousands of people? Moreover who the hell know what the conditions were in the paleolithic era. There are studies (well done involving thousands or at least hundreds of people) done recently on actual people that live today that show no correlation and these are the ones that matter

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14848 and TITUS
I wasted my time reading that article. Literally the sample size was a couple of mummified bodies. You do realize that studies (good ones that show correlations) are done with thousands of people? Moreover who the hell know what the conditions were in the paleolithic era. There are studies (well done involving thousands or at least hundreds of people) done recently on actual people that live today that show no correlation and these are the ones that matter
There are no long term large cohort studies done on a carnivore and high fat diet while there are plenty done on plant based ones. Look up on the blue zones if you want, those are parts of the planet like the Okinawa island in Japan where the average diet is 85% carbs and the rest is mostly protein, those people have the highest percentage of centurians on our planet

• Woah
If you arent an unhealthy sack of shit you will be most likely be fine even if you do eat a bit too many carbs or too much cholesterol or whatever else. The carnivorous or mainly carnivorous diet of the massai and other people living primitively now or 3,000 years ago are probably way different than what you would eat if you buy meat at the store. Different animals, different types of meat, different cooking processes, different amounts of fat, and other things. But anyways, one thing I do know is that humans are not well evolved to eat only meat, even the people who live in the arctic where meat is the only food source 9 months of the year. It can be done but it is not preferable. There may be some unknown factor with eating exclusively animal meat, that the human body is just not quite equipped for, that can lead to arteriosclerosis. But I dont know anything about it so I cant really comment on it.

Shut up and go vegan already.

Ok, I don't know much, but you're missing one point here, imo possibly quite a big one too. Your body runs on glucose, as any living being essentially, which means that glucose is stored in muscles/blood, whatever. Everyone knows that meat contains 0 carbs, right? Well, yes, dead meat contains 0 carbs. Fresh kill does contain carbs, i.e. glucose, and probably quite a lot of it too.