Does deviated septum guarantee mouth breathing?

Deleted member 2095

Deleted member 2095

Kraken
Im 22yo and I have quite a deviated septum. I always read that deviated septum is one of the causes of mouthbreathing. I paid attention to my breathing patterns and asked my parents if I ever mouthbreathed as a child and they said I didn’t. I noticed that I unconsciously widen my nostrils while inhaling for better airflow, maybe due to deviated septum

I’ll get surgery in August

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Deleted member 1180
Im 22yo and I have quite a deviated septum. I always read that deviated septum is one of the causes of mouthbreathing. I paid attention to my breathing patterns and asked my parents if I ever mouthbreathed as a child and they said I didn’t. I noticed that I unconsciously widen my nostrils while inhaling for better airflow, maybe due to deviated septum

Yh often the prerequisite for mouth breathing

i think deviated septum and adenoids are the most common causes of mouth breathing.

I had the operation for adenoids. although I could breath from the nose a bit, it was legit very different.
i imagine the bigger the "blocking" the better it will feel post surgery

I do have deviated septum, and I have never been a mouth breather. And neither my maxilla nor my jaw are recessed (they are kinda average).
But I have quite an asymetrical face, probably because during cold months I can only breath through my left side. So even if it is not a 100% chance of causing mouth breathing, it is something you must fix asap. I'm getting my nose fixed (for free) in less than 6 months.Hopefully face will start being more symetrical after that

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Mateusz74
No even some models have that

Yup it guarantees you do. I had a deviated septum too, in fact I had my surgery to fix it 2 months ago. Now I can finally mew properly. You probably just like me always had a somewhat stuffed nose and would often unconsciously mouthbreath during your sleep. This caused me to have a recessed chin. Now I’m getting a genio soon to fix that too.

not always, I have a deviated septum but have never been a mouth breather

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Mateusz74
no, i had a deviated septum but never mouth breathed. only mouth breathed after my rhino actually cuz your nose is hella stuffed in the beginning hehe

Yup it guarantees you do. I had a deviated septum too, in fact I had my surgery to fix it 2 months ago. Now I can finally mew properly. You probably just like me always had a somewhat stuffed nose and would often unconsciously mouthbreath during your sleep. This caused me to have a recessed chin. Now I’m getting a genio soon to fix that too.
I thought about that too but I’ve recorded my sleep and I didn’t snore a single time.

At what age did you get septoplasty?

18. I also didn’t snore, but I still mouthbreathed

Man it was 2 months ago, I was still recovering up until this month so nothing yet. I honestly don’t expect mewing to do anything at this point. I’ve already got my parents approval to start pursuing a genioplasty

Man it was 2 months ago, I was still recovering up until this month so nothing yet. I honestly don’t expect mewing to do anything at this point. I’ve already got my parents approval to start pursuing a genioplasty

i have legit overlays of me in the same position and the difference is huge

bout a year and a half in
didnt see results really until the 8-12 month mark but everyones different

no pillow is a big one, along with moving the tongue right back onto the hard palate

no, i had a deviated septum but never mouth breathed. only mouth breathed after my rhino actually cuz your nose is hella stuffed in the beginning hehe
not always, I have a deviated septum but have never been a mouth breather
I do have deviated septum, and I have never been a mouth breather. And neither my maxilla nor my jaw are recessed (they are kinda average).
But I have quite an asymetrical face, probably because during cold months I can only breath through my left side. So even if it is not a 100% chance of causing mouth breathing, it is something you must fix asap. I'm getting my nose fixed (for free) in less than 6 months.Hopefully face will start being more symetrical after that

How severe is it? Is your nose noticeably crooked when you look at it? Or is the deviation invisible from the outside?

How severe is it? Is your nose noticeably crooked when you look at it? Or is the deviation invisible from the outside?
In my case, almost nobody notices it. But doctors can tell just by looking at me for 5 seconds. And if I ever say I have a deviation in my nose, normies look at it and notice it. So it is noticeably crooked to one side for "expert" eyes, but most people won't notice unless they look at it.

User in this forum noticed it when rating me tho

you can only really see the deviation from outside if you stare at it long enough, but I have a mild bump from where I broke it

In my case, almost nobody notices it. But doctors can tell just by looking at me for 5 seconds. And if I ever say I have a deviation in my nose, normies look at it and notice it. So it is noticeably crooked to one side for "expert" eyes, but most people won't notice unless they look at it.

User in this forum noticed it when rating me tho
JFL mine is more severe then. In total, the deviation was pointed out by 2 people I know. They said that I have a slightly crooked nose. Definitely getting it fixed next month. I asked my mom about how I breathed as a child and she’s 100% certain that I never mouthbreathed. This whole thing confuses me because I often read that a deviated septum causes mouthbreathing.
you can only really see the deviation from outside if you stare at it long enough, but I have a mild bump from where I broke it
At what age did you break your nose ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24117
JFL mine is more severe then. In total, the deviation was pointed out by 2 people I know. They said that I have a slightly crooked nose. Definitely getting it fixed next month. I asked my mom about how I breathed as a child and she’s 100% certain that I never mouthbreathed. This whole thing confuses me because I often read that a deviated septum causes mouthbreathing.

At what age did you break your nose ?
Often, but not always. In my country, they fix it for free if it causes breathing problems. I'm getting mine done in less than 6 months

my nose would have been noticeable crooked if it werent for the fact that it was fat and ethnic lol. like it was hard to see bcuz i had no definition

no, i have one but didnt mouthebreathe. It did cause me difficulties in breathing so i mouthbreathed for around a year but it mightve been because i was obese.

I just realised that my right nostril is Like 60% blocked tf

AHAHAHAHAHAHA I‘LL GET SEPTOPLASTY + RHINO ON 5TH OF SEPTEMBER. ASCENSION IS SO CLOSE

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel