Does lifting stunt/help growth?

Deleted member 7866

Deleted member 7866

YUNK Money the Walking Dildo
I've held this belief for a while but Im reconsidering.

Studies agreeing/contrary?

• +1
Reactions: PYT
a myth that has been debunked many times

• +1
Reactions: BigNoseSlavcel, WadlowMaxxing, PYT and 4 others
help growth

• +1
Reactions: PYT and Deleted member 7866
helps to release hgh so its height boost

• +1
Reactions: pizza and Deleted member 7866
I've held this belief for a while but Im reconsidering.

Studies agreeing/contrary?
Helps growth and it'll help out your face, something about bulking,building muscle, then cutting after makes everyone's face look stronger after

And it's not the bodyfat although it's a factor. It might sound retarded but I genuinely think it's the T boost + losing facial fat

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7866
Helps growth and it'll help out your face, something about bulking,building muscle, then cutting after makes everyone's face look stronger after

And it's not the bodyfat although it's a factor. It might sound retarded but I genuinely think it's the T boost + losing facial fat
Your face also has muscles. They probably grow with you. I know it’s the case for bodybuilders.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7866 and PYT

I feel like straining the muscles will lead to no growth

• Hmm...
Reactions: PYT
Your face also has muscles. They probably grow with you. I know it’s the case for bodybuilders.
I got a lot of attention when I bulked up with calisthenics, girls thought I was buff when in reality I was probably just a little fatter

@youngmaxxing, I had girls say my body was hot and I looked like the before in the pic I sent you

So it's a big halo for teens

Last edited:
if you understand basic physics you know that lifting weights stunting growth simply does not make sense. when you jump, much more force on your body is exerted than lifting a dumbbell. to argue that lifting weights stunts growth, you would have to agree that jumping, running, and many other exercises would as well. it's just a myth to scare teenagers. there's no backing behind it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4332, klamus and PYT
I feel like straining the muscles will lead to no growth
It's been debunked many times, if I could grow as a stickbug starving myself you can definitely grow on a bulk and straining muscle

• +1
a myth that has been debunked many times
honestly the protein your body is taking for growth plate development is being used for muscularity instead. Wont stunt you completely but will make you at most a inch below your potential. just train light until 21

• +1
Reactions: Agendum and Deleted member 7866
If you don’t deadlift 600 pounds then nothing will be stunted.

• +1
honestly the protein your body is taking for growth plate development is being used for muscularity instead. Wont stunt you completely but will make you at most a inch below your potential. just train light until 21
That’s not true. If you eat enough food and keep your body fat percentage over 12-13% you will grow just fine.

As long as you eat enough calories and get proper nutrients it will help you grow.

The problem occurs when you don't recover from a workout so your body only has enough to repair your muscles and nothing left over for growth.