Does Mirror Compress Your FWHR?

SHARK

SHARK

Kraken
In the mirror my face looks less oblong and my hairline seems lower. Then when I take a selfie with an iphone my hairline goes way up, my eyebrows go up, my midface gets longer, and my jaw gets narrower. Does this happen to anyone else?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
depends on the shape of the mirror but yes, it will deceive you 99% of the time

In the mirror my face looks less oblong and my hairline seems lower. Then when I take a selfie with an iphone my hairline goes way up, my eyebrows go up, my midface gets longer, and my jaw gets narrower. Does this happen to anyone else?
Yes it's very common. Mirrors can be deceptive but less so than lens distortion. You look far closer to how you do in the mirror.

• +1
Reactions: RedPilledStemcel, Deleted member 1332, Deleted member 245 and 1 other person
Yes same here. I have a normal midface when looking at the mirror but a large midface when taking a selfie.

no you retards it's because the lens distorts your face. The mirror is what you actually look like irl
The next best thing to a mirror is a good camera situated a few feet away.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1212, MadMong and Deleted member 1332
lol it's all about focal length on cameras. Phone camera sensors are tiny and will warp within selfie range. Makes mid face/nose larger and rounds the edges like your jaw.. feminizing effect. Men should not take selfies for this reason.

Yes it's very common. Mirrors can be deceptive but less so than lens distortion. You look far closer to how you do in the mirror.

How can mirrors be deceptive? Genuinely curious. I thought they were an identical representation of what someone else would see, at any distance.

The mirror isn't accurate, use a camera.