Done my first ever gym training - NEED ADVICE

Over

Over

Ascended with roids & ltr
First of all I went there at 18:00 and did good 15 minutes of cardio to wake my body up. First problem occured really fast - I couldnt find any place to do preworkout stretching so I skipped that part (JFL I know it's bad but fuck it dude). Also machines were kinda crowded and I skipped ABS part out of frustration.

Would it be fine if I go to gym before big dinner, so I can skip all this crowds? For example 10:00-15:00.

Second thing, this is what my pathetic ass managed to do (training on machines):
SmartSelect 20191114 202939 Samsung Notes

My muscles couldnt do any more reps or sets. I played around with weights and generally tried to go for low weight but higher reps.

Should I reduce some weights? How do you guys rate this?

@cocainecowboy
I need your high IQ gymcelling advice

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: RAITEIII, DidntRead and needsolution
masujemy sie

You shouldn't stretch before strength training.
Also what's the tricep exercise

• +1
Reactions: Anubis and cutecel
First of all I went there at 18:00 and did good 15 minutes of cardio to wake my body up. First problem occured really fast - I couldnt find any place to do preworkout stretching so I skipped that part (JFL I know it's bad but fuck it dude). Also machines were kinda crowded and I skipped ABS part out of frustration.

Would it be fine if I go to gym before big dinner, so I can skip all this crowds? For example 10:00-15:00.

Second thing, this is what my pathetic ass managed to do (training on machines):
View attachment 164177

My muscles couldnt do any more reps or sets. I played around with weights and generally tried to go for low weight but higher reps.

@cocainecowboy
Good to see you started lifting now since ur doing full body go every other day and every 3rd work out try adding some weight

You shouldn't stretch before strength training.
Also what's the tricep exercise
Um I was pulling a bar forward above my head. I read that its triceps machine and followed I instruction.

Wait what, I shouldn't stretch? But every guide says so and even trainer guy told me to stretch.

Machine-only routines will not get you anywhere tbh. You should use barbells, dumbells and cables for 95% of your training. Does your gym have these things?

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74, nastynas, ZyzzReincarnate and 1 other person
Forgot to add, so many stacies with good asses and pretty faces there... but I am doing a good job at ignoring them.

Use barbell exercise for strength training

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74 and ZyzzReincarnate
Machine-only routines will not get you anywhere tbh. You should use barbells, dumbells and cables for 95% of your training. Does your gym have these things?
Yes it's a big gym but idk I kinda like machines they are easy and nice.
I Dont feel any soreness in my chest or back, only biceps and legs, did I fuck up?

balkans crowding the gyms lmao

cant make this shit up, one of the reasons i never want to go back is to share the sweat of balkan immigrants that might permiate my skin barrier

Starting with machines is not bad, in fact they are the best option for builiding a mind-muscle connection since they isolate the most. You can go with a mostly machine-based workout for a couple of months until you strengthen yourself a bit and then go to a free weights routine.

• +1
Reactions: Effortless and Over
If you're just starting out you should follow a P/P/L routine for maximum newbie gains

• +1
Reactions: DidntRead
Starting with machines is not bad, in fact they are the best option for builiding a mind-muscle connection since they isolate the most. You can go with a mostly machine-based workout for a couple of months until you strengthen yourself a bit and then go to a free weights routine.
Thank you. How many months should I stay with machines? Also what do you think about my reps and sets, is this good or should I increase weights?

Yes it's a big gym but idk I kinda like machines they are easy and nice.
I Dont feel any soreness in my chest or back, only biceps and legs, did I fuck up?
I mean it's better than nothing so do it if it makes you happy. But if you're serious about building a very good physique then you'll need to focus as a novice on getting stronger and achieving progressive overload on big exercises. What kind of goals are you trying to achieve by going to the gym? You should always keep that in mind to avoid wasting time and effort.

When you first go to the gym its not really necessary to go more than 3 days a week. I’d highly recommend you begin with compound movements. Gaining strength in these will also be fairly quick at first, whilst also being alot more satisfying than isolation exercises (still do a few of these if you have energy to, but they’re not the focus)
Day 1: (chest/tri/shoulders focussed)
• 5x5 bench press
• 5x5 overhead press
• 5x5 bodyweight dips
Day 2: (back and bicep focused)
• 5x5 barbell row
• 5x5 pull ups
• 5x5 rack pull
Day 3: (legs)
• 5x5 squat
• 5x5 deadlift
Begin with little to no weight until you get the form down. Theres lots of videos showing proper form on youtube. Goodluck

• +1
Reactions: AraTe
I mean it's better than nothing so do it if it makes you happy. But if you're serious about building a very good physique then you'll need to focus as a novice on getting stronger and achieving progressive overload on big exercises. What kind of goals are you trying to achieve by going to the gym? You should always keep that in mind to avoid wasting time and effort.
I want low BF toned skinny twink body, I dont want to go big serious boyo for years. I basically want Chico type body, 35-37cm biceps and 97cm chest all shredded to low BF. Something like this:

SmartSelect 20191114 211420 Firefox

I need 10cm more circumference in my biceps and 5cm in chest to achieve that. And lose all the fat on my belly. Currently 177cm/66kg.

After i achieve my dream low BF body I am going to maybe keep doing cardio to counteract LDARing and stuff.

Stop overthinking just eat as much as u can and train

• +1
Reactions: cutecel

He only just started, its good for him to build a base first before he start hitting real weights.

Also, stretch after you workout.

• +1
Reactions: Over
He only just started, its good for him to build a base first before he start hitting real weights.

Also, stretch after you workout.
After and before or just after?

After and before or just after?

Just after.

Start with light cardio just to get the blood flowing > 8 reps max on compound machines (4 sets) > isolation 8-12 reps (4 sets) > stretches.

Try to hit at least 50kg 8 reps on chest press machine before you start benching heavy, try to hit 100kg 8 reps on leg press machine before you do heavy squats and dead lifts.

After you get a good base you can start doing failure reps.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: valhalar and Over
Imagine asking this forum for training advice

• +1
Reactions: Titbot and cutecel
I want low BF toned skinny twink body, I dont want to go big serious boyo for years. I basically want Chico type body, 35-37cm biceps and 97cm chest all shredded to low BF. Something like this:

View attachment 164223

I need 10cm more circumference in my biceps and 5cm in chest to achieve that. And lose all the fat on my belly. Currently 177cm/66kg.

After i achieve my dream low BF body I am going to maybe keep doing cardio to counteract LDARing and stuff.
You can be 10% bodyfat while maintaining solid muscle mass, why choose to look skinny and weak

View attachment 164223

First of all it is hard af to get seriously big as a natty. Second, while chico might look small and act like he never works out, keep in mind he is 6'4. If you start as a skinny fat guy with shit genetics and barely any sports experience prior, reaching his body might actually take some work.

Do you even know how much 10cm in circumference for your arms is? You would probably have to move from benching the bar to 100kg; chins with 20kg extra weight etc.
How about you work out as if you wanted to get "seriously big" and then when you actually reach this body you can decide if you want to keep going? It's commendable that you want to work out, but there seems to be this trend of people not wanting to get too big (or too big legs) when in reality they are not even close. Reminds me of all those girls that think they will turn into men by lifting weights.

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax and Over
View attachment 164177

What is 'back' ??... what exercise was that? Same with Triceps??

God damn you're weak as fuck. Keep lifting and eating.

• +1
Reactions: Over
Are you skinnyfat OP?

What is 'back' ??... what exercise was that? Same with Triceps??

God damn you're weak as fuck. Keep lifting and eating.
Pulling weight to my chest horizontally and trying to squeeze the shoulder blades. Triceps was pulling weight behind my back forward, I couldnt find the machine where you just stand and do the triceps. That's what 10 years of LDAR does to you.

You can be 10% bodyfat while maintaining solid muscle mass, why choose to look skinny and weak
I think having shredded and somewhat muscled body is a plus, but what's the point of going big if I am subhuman KHHV 23 years old? After my newbie gains diminish it will be hard to gain muscle, and it wont change much in my appearance. Gym is cool but afterall it's all about the face. At the moment I am below average in muscle mass so I want to at least get some lean muscle and most importantly shred BF.

Are you skinnyfat OP?
Calculators tell me I am 10-14% BF however my belly is somewhat fat while being flat.

Neck 36cm
Chest 92cm
Biceps 27cm
Waist 75-77cm on breath out
Hips 92cm

These are my measurements, even my mother and aunt tells me I am skinny to the bone.

First of all it is hard af to get seriously big as a natty. Second, while chico might look small and act like he never works out, keep in mind he is 6'4. If you start as a skinny fat guy with shit genetics and barely any sports experience prior, reaching his body might actually take some work.

Do you even know how much 10cm in circumference for your arms is? You would probably have to move from benching the bar to 100kg; chins with 20kg extra weight etc.
How about you work out as if you wanted to get "seriously big" and then when you actually reach this body you can decide if you want to keep going? It's commendable that you want to work out, but there seems to be this trend of people not wanting to get too big (or too big legs) when in reality they are not even close. Reminds me of all those girls that think they will turn into men by lifting weights.
Good comment. Yea I know he's big as fuck, I will just work hard and try to do everything right.

Stretch but only stretch the muscles youre using and DONT do static stretches or cardio after ur lift is done.

View attachment 164177

@cocainecowboy
Look into Push Pull Legs (yes legs matter... a lot). Make sure you're eating enough though. I see Low IQ gymcells plateau for years cause they never eat gram per pound of protein. Don't be like them.

Idk what you think about steroids. But you can get more ripped than a natty could ever be taking steroids without even lifting.