Expanding the lower jaw through mewing

SayNoToRotting

SayNoToRotting

Kraken
Hi there niBBas, I've been hardmewing for 3 months and so far the results are pretty impressive: shorter midface, higher cheekbones, slightly wider face, better upper lip and wider upper dental arch.

However my lower incisors are still pointing outwards like speers in attack position (which creates a short chin on my face), and my lower dental arch is still pretty narrow, it's almost as if my lower jaw hasn't changed at all.

So my question is, am I trippin? Is it really possible that the effects on my upper face are that better than on my lower jaw? Is that to be expected? Should I get a lower jaw expander? Or should I just wait longer?

I won't even bother to read through all the low IQ "mewing is cope" responses, gonna drag the right people into this thread instead: @Wincel
Edit: I think my chin has become a little bit more pronounced, but that's about it

• +1
Reactions: Wincel
how old are you? are you able to post before and after?

You need a lower palate expander, there is a possibility that anchoring the teeth together really tightly (which mew doesn't recommend) could've expanded the lower arch along with the upper arch, but this seems to be one thing mewing fails to do. Dental alignment is a bit difficult to change, especially if your incisors tip in any direction. You change the balance zone in these areas, and a bit of the right pressure between the tongue and the lips and cheeks is enough to maintain a change, but it rarely ever induces one (quickly). Myobrace is a good well rounded system for aligning teeth and expanding both arches but there are complaints that it doesn't do enough palate expansion in which case you would need to modify it.
If I do end up modifying my myobrace for more expansion (I cannot use it right now because I have braces) I will make a thread showing how its done
placebo, no pic no proof
The thing he wrote up here makes me believe that he actually got good results, lack of lower palate expansion is a commonly occurring thing (but nonetheless little known) most people just getting into mewing wouldn't pretend to notice if they were lying

Last edited:
placebo, no pic no proof
Bruh nigga I will show you once I get a professional picture taken.
are you a late bloomer by any chance? what age did you start puberty?
Actually not sure how to categorize myself. I always was an average sized kid up until I turned 15 years old, then it seemed like I stopped growing. To this day I'm still as tall as I was 2.5- 3 years ago: 5'7/8, so no, I don't think my growth spurt has anything to do with my mewing results, I am just the most ambitious mewer out there, hardmewing day and night, and chin tucking all along, and that all for 3 months now.

Last edited:
Chin widening distraction osteogenesis should work but you also need braces + potential gum grafts + potential tooth implants + potential sarpe surgery to go with it. Not an option for poorfags

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
Chin widening distraction osteogenesis should work but you also need braces + potential gum grafts + potential tooth implants + potential sarpe surgery to go with it. Not an option for poorfags
Oof, no thanks, I wanna do it full natty- the orthotropic way

Hi there niBBas, I've been hardmewing for 3 months and so far the results are pretty impressive: shorter midface, higher cheekbones, slightly wider face, better upper lip and wider upper dental arch.

However my lower incisors are still pointing outwards like speers in attack position (which creates a short chin on my face), and my lower dental arch is still pretty narrow, it's almost as if my lower jaw hasn't changed at all.

So my question is, am I trippin? Is it really possible that the effects on my upper face are that better than on my lower jaw? Is that to be expected? Should I get a lower jaw expander? Or should I just wait longer?

I won't even bother to read through all the low IQ "mewing is cope" responses, gonna drag the right people into this thread instead: @Wincel
Edit: I think my chin has become a little bit more pronounced, but that's about it
PICS or it's bs

Damn very impressive results , we can easily see the oustanding improvement...clown XD

Damn very impressive results , we can easily see the oustanding improvement...clown XD

Imma show you my pics once I get them professionally done