Eye prominence - How to get deep-set eyes

Lawyer

Lawyer

Introduction

Eye prominence plays a very important role on how your face is perceived, deep-set eyes are a male dimorphic trait, it has been hypothesized that deep-set eyes may be an adaptation for combat, hunting and male intrasexual selection, designed to protect the eyes from hits.
Under the influence of high estrogen levels, a young woman gains about 35 pounds of fat, changing the shape of her breasts, hips, thighs and lips. By contrast, a young man acquires about one and half times as much muscle and bone mass, controlled by the complex action of androgens (and aromatized androgens) acting both directly and indirectly (via release of growth hormone) on bone and muscle tissues. As a result, the average adult male has a longer and broader lower jaw than that of a female, and brow ridge growth results in more sunken narrow eyes.
Even masculine facial structure may be designed for fighting; heavy brow ridges protect eyes from blows, and robust mandibles lessen the risk of catastrophic jaw fractures, for example.

As you can see in the following image, towards the more masculine faces, the eyes become vertically narrower and more sunken:
UCAXTqC

Eye prominence is determined by the projection of the orbital rims in relation to the cornea.
On average, the surface of the soft tissues overlying the supraorbital rim lies 10 mm anterior to the cornea, and the surface of the soft tissues overlying the infraorbital rim lies 3 mm behind the anterior surface of the cornea. This implies that the supraorbital rim usually projects 13 mm beyond the infraorbital rim.

When the orbital rims have a greater projection beyond the anterior surface of the cornea, the eyes appear "deep set", when the orbital rims project less, the eyes appear "prominent".

The relationship of the globe to the orbital rims is a primary determinant of the appearance of the upper third of the face. Normal values are shown in the following image:
f08-01-9780323624763.jpg

Classification of eye prominence

To measure the degree of eye prominence a hertel exophthalmometer is used, this device measures the position of the globe in relation to the lateral orbital rim.

The normal range of ocular protrusion as measured from the lateral orbital rim to the corneal apex is 14–21 mm in adults.

Depending on your exophthalmometry measurement, your eyes will be:

-Deep-set (<14mm)​
-Normal (15 to 17mm)​
-Moderately prominent (18 to 20mm)​
-Very prominent (>20mm)​

Orbital vector

Eye prominence can also be measured with the orbital vector, the orbital vector is determined by the linear relationship of the most anterior projection of the globe to the most anterior projection of the lower eyelid and the malar eminence.

According to this relationship, the orbital vector will be:

-Positive vector: The most anterior portion of the globe lies posterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies posterior to the anterior malar eminence.​
-Neutral vector: The anterior globe, lower eyelid margin, and anterior malar eminence all lie in the same vertical plane.​
-Negative vector: The anterior globe lies anterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies anterior to the malar eminence.​

Negative and positive orbital vectors:
Rajabi2017 019

The malar eminence is the most prominent point of the zygomatic bone (malar bone) and is always located anterior to the infraorbital rim, this is something that should be taken into account when augmenting the infraorbital rims with implants.

In most cases, a positive vector equates to a deep-set eye, while a negative vector results in a prominent eye.

Achieving deep-set eyes

To achieve deep-set eyes, you can either reduce the prominence of the globe or increase the projection of the orbital rims, in some cases both approaches may be necessary to achieve deep-set eyes.

The surgical procedure to reduce the promience of the eyeballs is called orbital decompression, it involves removing or thinning various safe orbital walls (and orbital fat), thereby expanding the eye socket, allowing the eyeball to settle back.

The best and safest first orbital wall to remove (or thin out) is the lateral orbital wall, followed by the medial wall, and last the orbital floor. More reduction with added risk is taken as more walls are decompressed. Incisions are hidden in the lateral upper eyelid crease (for lateral orbital decompression), caruncle or transcaruncular (for medial wall decompression) and lower eyelid conjunctiva (for orbital floor decompression).

Before and after pics of bilateral orbital decompression:

To increase the projection of the orbital rims you can get orbital implants.

Also some osteotomies can augment the orbital rims:
LeFort 3 and Modified LeFort 3 advance the infraorbital and lateral orbital rims.

LeFort 3:
LF30 i100 L

Modified LeFort 3:
Tiwana2004 013
Tiwana2004 014

Quadrangular LeFort 2 advances the infraorbital rims
Gr3 lrg

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: WeAreBoundless, Rimaxtis, Deleted member 25354 and 70 others
Good thread nigga

• +1
Reactions: StoneColdkiller, psl5.8specimen, greywind and 21 others
Quality thread, good read. Huge improvement for that orbital decompression before and after but that guy is retarded getting that surgery while still obese tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter, fagtard, jd7868 and 30 others
Wikipedia copy paste.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, Lonenely sigma, OGJBSLAYER and 20 others
Rip my eyes are bulging its over for me time for lefort 3

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: rooman, Deleted member, LILMAXILLA and 1 other person
Huge improvement for that orbital decompression before and after but that guy is retarded getting that surgery while still obese tbh
He actually got it done for functional reasons.

• +1
Reactions: zipzam, iam good boy, NiKKKerhater and 11 others
Thanks for the thread. Is there a way to increase PFL?

Water ngl

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: ASM5 and Patient A
Ngl I'm thinking of getting Lefort 3 because my eyes are bulging

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bendoverer, Patient A and Deleted member 10172
Introduction

Eye prominence plays a very important role on how your face is perceived, deep-set eyes are a male dimorphic trait, it has been hypothesized that deep-set eyes may be an adaptation for combat, hunting and male intrasexual selection, designed to protect the eyes from hits.

As you can see in the following image, towards the more masculine faces, the eyes become vertically narrower and more sunken:
View attachment 460939

Eye prominence is determined by the projection of the orbital rims in relation to the cornea.

The relationship of the globe to the orbital rims is a primary determinant of the appearance of the upper third of the face. Normal values are shown in the following image:
f08-01-9780323624763.jpg

To measure the degree of eye prominence a hertel exophthalmometer is used, this device measures the position of the globe in relation to the lateral orbital rim.

The normal range of ocular protrusion as measured from the lateral orbital rim to the corneal apex is 14–21 mm in adults.

-Deep-set (<14mm)​
-Normal (15 to 17mm)​
-Very prominent (>20mm)​

Orbital vector

Eye prominence can also be measured with the orbital vector, the orbital vector is determined by the linear relationship of the most anterior projection of the globe to the most anterior projection of the lower eyelid and the malar eminence.

-Positive vector: The most anterior portion of the globe lies posterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies posterior to the anterior malar eminence.​
-Neutral vector: The anterior globe, lower eyelid margin, and anterior malar eminence all lie in the same vertical plane.​
-Negative vector: The anterior globe lies anterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies anterior to the malar eminence.​

View attachment 460947

The malar eminence is the most prominent point of the zygomatic bone (malar bone) and is always located anterior to the infraorbital rim, this is something that should be taken into account when augmenting the infraorbital rims with implants.

In most cases, a positive vector equates to a deep-set eye, while a negative vector results in a prominent eye.

Achieving deep-set eyes

To achieve deep-set eyes, you can either reduce the prominence of the globe or increase the projection of the orbital rims, in some cases both approaches may be necessary to achieve deep-set eyes.

The surgical procedure to reduce the promience of the eyeballs is called orbital decompression, it involves removing or thinning various safe orbital walls (and orbital fat), thereby expanding the eye socket, allowing the eyeball to settle back.

The best and safest first orbital wall to remove (or thin out) is the lateral orbital wall, followed by the medial wall, and last the orbital floor. More reduction with added risk is taken as more walls are decompressed. Incisions are hidden in the lateral upper eyelid crease (for lateral orbital decompression), caruncle or transcaruncular (for medial wall decompression) and lower eyelid conjunctiva (for orbital floor decompression).

View attachment 460930

LeFort 3 and Modified LeFort 3 advance the infraorbital and lateral orbital rims.

LeFort 3:
View attachment 460933

Modified LeFort 3:
View attachment 460935View attachment 460936

View attachment 460931
"sooo you want a modified lefort 3, an extremely invasive high risk procedure that could permanently cause nerve damage and affect your eyesight, becauseee you want uhh what was it again "deep set hunter eyes to look more dom" yeah I'm gonna give you a psychiatric appointment instead"

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, rooman, rizkizz9 and 40 others
Ngl I'm thinking of getting Lefort 3 because my eyes are bulging
Is the rest of your midface retruded? If so, go for it, but you would probably still need orbital decompression to get deep-set eyes and supraorbital rim implants (since a LeFort would not advance the supraorbital rims)

Anyway, if your midface hypoplasia is not severe, I would advise you to get midface implants instead of a LeFort 3, they are cheaper and less risky.

If your midface is fine and your only problem is your orbitals, then get orbital decompression and/or orbital implants.

Is the rest of your midface retruded? If so, go for it, but you would probably still need orbital decompression to get deep-set eyes and supraorbital rim implants (since a LeFort would not advance the supraorbital rims)

Anyway, if your midface hypoplasia is not severe, I would advise you to get midface implants instead of a LeFort 3, they are cheaper and less risky.

If your midface is fine and your only problem is your orbitals, then get orbital decompression and/or orbital implants.

Ok thank you, my face is recessed I look ugly in photos but in mirrors I look decent I am going to go for a sleep study for sleep apnea then go to orthodontist to assess my face problems I have severe social anxiety which also causes me depression I don't take pictures and don't go outside because of how self conscious I am about my face

• So Sad
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ValhallaSoldier, Deleted member 19301, Deleted member 5683 and 3 others
"sooo you want a modified lefort 3, an extremely invasive high risk procedure that could permanently cause nerve damage and affect your eyesight, becauseee you want uhh what was it again "deep set hunter eyes to look more dom" yeah I'm gonna give you a psychiatric appointment instead"
You are just twisting my words lol.

I was just saying that with a MLF3 you can advance the infraorbital and lateral orbital rims, but it also advances the rest of your midface so unless your entire midface is severely retruded to the point that midface implants would not be enough to fix it, it would be pointless to get that procedure done.

Literally just read the post I made below yours replying to another user.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
I am going to go for a sleep study for sleep apnea then go to orthodontist to assess my face problems
Good.

These are the midface implants I was talking about, just in case you were wondering.
Custom-Infraorbital-Maxillary-Malar-Implants-thicknesses-color-mapping-Dr-Barry-Eppley-Indianapolis-300x189.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Usum

I was just saying that with a MLF3 you can advance the infraorbital and lateral orbital rims, but it also advances the rest of your midface so unless your entire midface is severely retruded to the point that midface implants would not be enough to fix it, it would be pointless to get that procedure done.

I know , it was a good thread. I was trying to attempt to be funny

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
Thanks for the thread. Is there a way to increase PFL?
Funnily enough orbital decompression will decrease PFL if done for non functional reasons. Deeper set eyes usually lacks PFL.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 9072 and Warlow
Who knew greycels were capable of threads like these.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: OGJBSLAYER, agustkd22, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 5 others
@Sergeant promote this nigga to bluecel

• JFL
Reactions: bruh3610 and Good_Little_Goy
Introduction

View attachment 460939

f08-01-9780323624763.jpg

-Deep-set (<14mm)​
-Normal (15 to 17mm)​
-Very prominent (>20mm)​

Orbital vector

View attachment 460947

Achieving deep-set eyes

View attachment 460930

LeFort 3:
View attachment 460933

Modified LeFort 3:

View attachment 460931
bonesmash your infraorbital rims and superorbital rims and browridge and zygos

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5746 and Deleted member 4946

Wait, hold on, isn't MLF3 a LF3 without touching the maxilla? If so, wouldn't that mean that the midface wouldn't be significantly more forward-projected after all, since the maxilla kind of covers the entirety of the midface, no?

Wait, hold on, isn't MLF3 a LF3 without touching the maxilla?
There are various modifications of the LeFort 3, the one I was talking about is the modification in which the nose is not included in the cut.
tiwana2004-013-jpg.460935
tiwana2004-014-jpg.460936

There is another modification in which the lower maxilla is not included, it is like a normal LeFort 3 but without the LeFort 1 area.

This is the modified LeFort 3 that this guy from jawsurgeryforums got:

From what I've seen, the nose may or may not be included in the cut, I think that in his case it was not included.

It is used in combination with a LeFort 1 in cases where the patient needs different amounts of advancement in the lower maxilla than in the upper maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862, OOGABOOGA and Deleted member 7776
There are various modifications of the LeFort 3, the one I was talking about is the modification in which the nose is not included in the cut.
tiwana2004-013-jpg.460935
tiwana2004-014-jpg.460936

There is another modification in which the lower maxilla is not included, it is like a normal LeFort 3 but without the LeFort 1 area.
View attachment 468246

This is the modified LeFort 3 that this guy from jawsurgeryforums got:

From what I've seen, the nose may or may not be included in the cut, I think that in his case it was not included.

It is used in combination with a LeFort 1 in cases where the patient needs different amounts of advancement in the lower maxilla than in the upper maxilla.
View attachment 468247
Those first two pics omg. That would ascend me so hard

Introduction

View attachment 460939

f08-01-9780323624763.jpg

-Deep-set (<14mm)​
-Normal (15 to 17mm)​
-Very prominent (>20mm)​

Orbital vector

View attachment 460947

Achieving deep-set eyes

View attachment 460930

LeFort 3:
View attachment 460933

Modified LeFort 3:

View attachment 460931

Can you explain how a standard bimax leads to improvement in the eye area?

Screenshot 20200629 161434 Chrome

Screenshot 20200629 161446 Chrome

Do I have deep-set eyes?
0 1

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Inscol, Entschuldigung, Limbo and 3 others
Wtf is this men are u kidding
If I had his eye area I would of been gigachad slayer. I don't know he he has eye area like that and looks like a tranny.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Jasonfedele.is_god, Tallooksmaxxer, Short Ugly and Brown and 1 other person
If I had his eye area I would of been gigachad slayer. I don't know he he has eye area like that and looks like a tranny.
thats why he looks like a tranny,eye area doesn't suit his face

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Warlow, Patient A, Short Ugly and Brown and 1 other person
thats why he looks like a tranny,eye area doesn't suit his face
Yeah and his skull shape is oval and he has very many feminine features.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Short Ugly and Brown and inceletto
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lolcel, CursedOne, AsGoodAsItGets and 5 others
Yeah and his skull shape is oval and he has very many feminine features.
so do I have deep-set eyes or not bhai?

the reason why I'm a kissless virgin is simple
1. lower third
2. race

thats what literally everyone close to me irl told me, jaw+chin and race. no woman wants to fuck a shitskin with a 1psl jaw.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, HighIQcel and inceletto
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 5385, Deleted member 6400, Morpheus and 3 others

1. lower third
2. race

thats what literally everyone close to me irl told me, jaw+chin and race. no woman wants to fuck a shitskin with a 1psl jaw.
U eye mog literally everyone on this fourm jfl

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Chadeep, reptiles, Short Ugly and Brown and 1 other person

1. lower third
2. race

Nah ur just a weirdo

• Hmm...
Reactions: Short Ugly and Brown
Her orbital vector looks better in the after, perhaps she got a High LeFort 1? Idk.

Standard lefort 1 (bimax + genioplasty) seems to impact the eye area. But this is never talked about on this forum.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
How exactly?

I don't know how, but you can see in the pictures and a lot of other bimax patients the eye area improves.

My first thought its to do with the increased projection of the maxilla, but I do not know.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard, Chadeep and Deleted member 6856
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Chadeep, Deleted member 6856 and 1 other person