Face = Personality Pt.1: Eyebrows = Narcissism 🤨

D

Deleted member 9467

kpopmaxxer
https://doi.org/10.1111/jopy.12396

Eyebrows cue grandiose narcissism

Abstract​

Objective​

Though initially charming and inviting, narcissists often engage in negative interpersonal behaviors. Identifying and avoiding narcissists therefore carries adaptive value. Whereas past research has found that people can judge others' grandiose narcissism from their appearance (including their faces), the cues supporting these judgments require further elucidation. Here, we investigated which facial features underlie perceptions of grandiose narcissism and how they convey that information.

Method and Results​

In Study 1, we explored the face's features using a variety of manipulations, ultimately finding that accurate judgments of grandiose narcissism particularly depend on a person's eyebrows. In Studies 2A–2C, we identified eyebrow distinctiveness (e.g., thickness, density) as the primary characteristic supporting these judgments. Finally, we confirmed the eyebrows' importance in Studies 3A and 3B by measuring how much perceptions of narcissism changed when swapping narcissists' and non‐narcissists' eyebrows between faces.

Conclusions

Together, these data show that distinctive eyebrows reveal narcissists' personality to others, providing a basic understanding of the mechanism through which people can identify narcissistic personality traits with potential application to daily life.

• JFL
Reactions: IdiAmin, Deleted member 10987 and Deleted member 5746
dn rd

but eyebrows > eyes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746
According to this I'm narcy which is not true

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 7863, Deleted member 3043 and Deleted member 10177
I think I’m a narcissist...

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8229, Deleted member 4797 and Deleted member 10177
my eyebrows are nonexistant but im the most narcy person i know so cope

dumb research tbh

Thick eyebrows & narcy.

https://doi.org/10.1111/jopy.12396

Eyebrows cue grandiose narcissism

Kys eyebrowlet
DOC

P01h7j4d

• JFL
Reactions: SOS-Sonic, eduardkoopman and gamma
tldr?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
he looks like a more trustworthy person than a version of him with thick brows
Sound like eyebrowlet cope
Black eyebrows are SEX APPEAL
8319d2de288d66ad6f79d10e04eb77d6

9f077b26196727eb81547ac91c85c4ad

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and Deleted member 4797
Randomly opened a drawer at my friend's house the other day, shit was full of Minoxidil bottles, asked him what for,

told me he had that great deal on eBay, five Minox bottles for a discount, bought three so there must have been about 14-15 Minox bottles in that drawer.

What should I conclude?

narcissism can be detected through eyebrows without the need for facial expressions - when eyebrows were removed from the faces, subjects could not

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
Tbh the people who are most delusional narcy have non existent light colored round brows, because only literal subhumans are narcy which is the brains natural response to an attempt for said subhuman to not kill himself.

Randomly opened a drawer at my friend's house the other day, shit was full of Minoxidil bottles, asked him what for,

told me he had that great deal on eBay, five Minox bottles for a discount, bought three so there must have been about 14-15 Minox bottles in that drawer.

What should I conclude?

he's balding

I agree. I'm talking about narcy traits, which is unrelated to sex appeal. I thought u were high IQ
Not necessesarly
People with no eyebrows look crepy

Having eyebrows = High trust/friendly

im not narcy