Facepullers : How do you make sure the changes are in bones and not just alveolar ridge ?

Will you use facepullers WITHOUT puncturing/opening sutures ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I'll never facepulling.

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
draco

draco

persist
Only for boyos using tooth anchored mouth piece.
Especially for people past puberty (>17-18).

since alveolar ridge is quite malleable for people of all ages. It would be the first thing to move.

Does anybody have human trials or some CT scans/ xrays from ortho's offices to show bone remodelling for late teens and after.

If it works, amazing!
but if it only push the ridge forward with minimum gains in bones, the mouth protrusion will look very wierd.

Possible solution : Opening/puncturing sutures before facepulling.

inb4

since alveolar ridge is quite malleable for people of all ages. It would be the first thing to move.

Does anybody have human trials or some CT scans/ xrays from ortho's offices to show bone remodelling for late teens and after.

If it works, amazing!
but if it only push the ridge forward with minimum gains in bones, the mouth protrusion will look very wierd.

inb4
View attachment 267083
im 17 and will use facepuller by itself

bone remodelling works for all ages

If it works, amazing!

inb4
View attachment 267083
all facepuller is is mewing but much more force for a longer time

accelerates mewing by like 20x at least

• Hmm...
Reactions: draco
im 17 and will use facepuller by itself

bone remodelling works for all ages

all facepuller is is mewing but much more force for a longer time

accelerates mewing by like 20x at least
But facepullers don't apply upwards force on under the palate?

What do you think about alveolar ridge moving ?

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
If non-calcified sutures were the requirement then how would suture-less parts of face grow (like the jaw for example)?

• +1

If it works, amazing!

inb4
View attachment 267083
You could say before i looked like i had a bit of bimax portrusion and after facepulling my mouth looks flatter, it could be due to two reasons imo. I expanded my maxilla which gives the illusion of looking flatter at the mouth area or it could be that even thou my mouth came forward so did my maxilla arround my nose ( paranasal area ), giving the impression of a flatter mouth. Always remenber that mouths that stick out are all but a ilusion, the mouth isnt sticking about, its the chin that is recessed and the maxilla that is recessed giving the impression of a chimp mouth.

That said mouth protrusion is ideal for aesthetics, and its a healthy looking trait in both males and feamales, just cant be too much.

• +1
Reactions: kota and draco
If non-calcified sutures were the requirement then how would suture-less parts of face grow (like the jaw for example)?
I dont think any amount of facepulling after puberty would cause forward growth of jawbone( mandible). The growth of jawbone is like growth of any other bone in the body... The role of sutures two distinct bones meet. The jaw bone is a single bone. It's expansion is decided by cranium base where it connects to it. Whereas in maxilla it's expansion is from palatine suture.

If it works, amazing!

inb4
View attachment 267083
It isn't tooth anchored bro

• Hmm...
It isn't tooth anchored bro
I know it's not "anchored" bro
But something like this
e29f9c58-c47b-4e74-a4fb-a8899d1a6f55-png.267001

Would transfer force to maxilla via teeth or back of alveolar ridge.

Only way to pull maxilla directly is to use screws on upper palate or paltine bone.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Chadelite
Bump
Need more opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back