Facepulling appliance update

SoyGune

SoyGune

Indian
My last one was okay but I didn’t realize that it can be done better and apply greater force it i just reinvented the wheel; the copeandrope appliance.

This one keeps the original design, but eliminates the painful acrylic swoosh that irritated my gums and made the appliance from an engineering standpoint weak.

A9B16757 997A 4061 9AE3 5FD2DFE030F6

It’s just using some 12 gauge steel wire that has been shaped to fit in the palate and provide a more comfortable and practical appliance. This appliance does not interfere with the teeth and puts all the pressure on the palate. I put it in and I feel the irritation from the previous appliance, but better.

3993EB65 B9DC 42D7 8D88 7413EB8A364B
BA846C16 DE6B 4AFD 8FE0 4BDCC16B7C47

• Love it
Reactions: 000
Show results or cope

Great work! I recommend using dental silicon to create a soft interface between the intra-oral appliance and your palate. It makes wearing the appliance much more comfortable

Grey cells are the best thing in this forum tbh ngl

• JFL
Reactions: 000 and SoyGune
You know what man this is actually a pretty damn good idea. This might actually work if you gave the molars a little more space by making the bend in the wire further back, so that you avoid any contact made with the teeth. Good job. I think that it would get uncomfortable wearing for long periods of time though.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, SoyGune and 000
You know what man this is actually a pretty damn good idea. This might actually work if you gave the molars a little more space by making the bend in the wire further back, so that you avoid any contact made with the teeth. Good job. I think that it would get uncomfortable wearing for long periods of time though.
I’ll just use this one, it looks like nothing else can be improved on it other than the things you mentioned above. Do you think I should use dental silicone? Also don’t you think that when you add lots of force to these metal pieces, the force would pull them into the molars?

I’ll just use this one, it looks like nothing else can be improved on it other than the things you mentioned above. Do you think I should use dental silicone? Also don’t you think that when you add lots of force to these metal pieces, the force would pull them into the molars?
Depends on how much force you put. You’ll need like 20 elastic bands to bend wire this thick.

Bruh I sent u my own idea like this and u said it looked unstable. This is what I sent ages ago lmao
Screenshot 20200702 170325 Samsung Notes

• JFL
Reactions: 000
Depends on how much force you put. You’ll need like 20 elastic bands to bend wire this thick.
If I attach this to my Forwardontics BOW, each band would be 250 g right?

Kek. Also question: I want to use the most comfortable material possible. How do I make dental silicone instead of acrylic?
You add silicone on top of the acrylic if u want more comfort. I dont rlly know much about this tho

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
This isn’t gonna work but it’s a good idea.

Great work! I recommend using dental silicon to create a soft interface between the intra-oral appliance and your palate. It makes wearing the appliance much more comfortable
Well yes that is what copeandrope recommended.

rip @CopeAndRope

Kek. Also question: I want to use the most comfortable material possible. How do I make dental silicone instead of acrylic?
Molloplast is a nice soft material that goes on top of the acrylic

but I doubt you will ever do anything tbh

This isn’t gonna work but it’s a good idea.
I thought you said in this thread it seemed amazing? What are the downsides of this?

I thought you said in this thread it seemed amazing? What are the downsides of this?
It’s an amazing idea but the one he posted is flawed, I could make it over and make it way better.

It’s an amazing idea but the one he posted is flawed, I could make it over and make it way better.
In what ways can it improve? It seems perfect or me minus the acrylic (I think he used that).

In what ways can it improve? It seems perfect or me minus the acrylic (I think he used that).
Bro you don’t even know what you’re doing

• JFL
Reactions: SoyGune
Bro you don’t even know what you’re doing
Why do you say that man..I am dedicated to put in the time to learn how to make one of these. I will gather all of the supplies and not screw it up. When I’m done with it I’ll have some skilled people like you tell me how it looks.

Ask your dentist or orthodontist before doing that.I mean seriously

• JFL
Reactions: Luke LLL
How u gonna close ur mouth? Those wires look too wide at the front and as though they'd cut into your lips

That was unclear af I thought the teeth you drew were metal wires that go in between the teeth
Ngl tho I've changed my mine and think copeandrope's original idea was better

nah, that device is flawed
I dont understand how. How is that one pulling at the front when its attached to the back? It's the same principle as the wire going all the way to the back of the palate, like I thought before and like OP. Also surely for an upswing, you'd want some pressure at the front anyway

How did you build this?

My last one was okay but I didn’t realize that it can be done better and apply greater force it i just reinvented the wheel; the copeandrope appliance.

This one keeps the original design, but eliminates the painful acrylic swoosh that irritated my gums and made the appliance from an engineering standpoint weak.

View attachment 470796

It’s just using some 12 gauge steel wire that has been shaped to fit in the palate and provide a more comfortable and practical appliance. This appliance does not interfere with the teeth and puts all the pressure on the palate. I put it in and I feel the irritation from the previous appliance, but better.

View attachment 470799View attachment 470800
How did you bend the wires in those precise positions

View attachment 470796

View attachment 470799View attachment 470800
How did you bend the wires so perfectly