Fixing Strabismus/Doublevision/MisalignedEyes

BlackPillChad

BlackPillChad

Taking the Yellow Pill
This is a very specific post for men who have a very specific problem: Misaligned eyes.

Misaligned eyes can cause double vision and in extreme cases noticeable eye turn. Mine were never this bad, but even less or unnoticeable strabismus can cause huge problems in the form of double vision. If you have double vision from strabismus, you will end up looking down all the time just to see (this is a huge socialmin, in a addition to being a giant pain in the ass).

If you have double vision from strabismus your options are as follows (in order of worst to best):
1.) Eyepatch. You aren't a fucking pirate and will be laughed at in public. Also you need depth perception to function.
2.) Eye Exercises. These are not proven to work and are a complete waste of time and money compared to surgery.
3.) Prism glasses. These glasses are much uglier than normal glasses because they warp light to compensate for your eye turn. The result is that it looks like you have a narrower IPD than you really do. I don't need to tell anyone here why that is bad.
4.) Eye Muscle surgery. This has an 80% chance of success, can be revised if it fails, is very low risk, has a low recovery time (1 day bedrest, 1 week of discomfort and redness) and is covered by insurance (i.e. cheap). It takes about 1-3 months after surgery for your eyes to adjust to your new alignment (and thus to know if it actually worked).

Contacts will not fix double vision. Lasik will not fix double vision. Only prism glasses or surgery are reasonable options to fix double vision.

I got my surgery to fix this yesterday. Honestly the quality of life increase will be more valuable than the looksmax, but I will take the looksmax too (especially since these are one and the same).
Next is Lasik for my nearsightedness, and then I can ditch glasses for good.

I advise anyone with strabismus or double vision to schedule a consultation for surgery immediately, there is no reason to have to live with this.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ellisadrian, Deleted member 1973, Lorsss and 1 other person
i will piratemaxx and jacksparrowmaxx thank u for the tips

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Deleted member 7125
brb getting strabismus so I can get some looksmaxxes done finally

• +1
Reactions: Aspiring Gigachad
I want to get lasik and fix my negative canthal so badly but these surgeries in the eyes scare the shit outta me

I want to get lasik and fix my negative canthal so badly but these surgeries in the eyes scare the shit outta me

They put me to sleep for mine. I imagine they do the same thing for canthal tilt stuff.

Just do it. It's worth it.

• +1
Reactions: Tenshi
Easily fixed by looking at objects far away. I fixed my lazy eye in a couple of weeks this way.

Eye Muscle surgery. This has an 80% chance of success, can be revised if it fails, is very low risk, has a low recovery time (1 day bedrest, 1 week of discomfort and redness) and is covered by insurance (i.e. cheap). It takes about 1-3 months after surgery for your eyes to adjust to your new alignment (and thus to know if it actually worked).
means its free?

Easily fixed by looking at objects far away. I fixed my lazy eye in a couple of weeks this way.
lazy eye be workin' now
aint no lazy be working before, dam