found my hair routine

DicedFeta

DicedFeta

To be born is to start the journey towards death
Last few months I've not being using shampoo except for once every other week or so. BEFORE showering I use coconut + castor oil and my hair have never been better. Hair looks so fucking good without any products and it looks natural + healthy. People have been complimenting my hair for the first time ever and old friends are surprised like "didn't know you had such good hair".

Everyone have different base but for me this have been revolutionary, always used shampoo + balsam + styling products. Tried so many different products to achieve a good look and plenty of time styling it but leaving it au naturel was the answer all along.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, everythingmatters, Maltreser and 3 others
Good that you found what works for you
Olive Oil is also good solution
It helps protect keratin and seals in moisture in hair giving effect of softness and shine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8902 and DicedFeta
So you use the oils in the shower and then rinse them out? Like a conditioner?

I was recently doing shampoo once a week, but now doing it ~2 times a week. My hair gets a bit too oily

So you use the oils in the shower and then rinse them out? Like a conditioner?

I was recently doing shampoo once a week, but now doing it ~2 times a week. My hair gets a bit too oily
I use the oils before and then rinse with water afterwards. If I have time I also leave the oil in my hair for a while before rinsing it out. My hair was kinda fluffy and non-oily with old routine using shampoo etc every other day.

• +1
Reactions: Rainerchen and Deleted member 275
Thanks - will try it

how much oil do you apply?

Thanks - will try it

how much oil do you apply?
I don't measure but would estimate that it is about a teaspoon of coconut oil and 1/3 of that in castor. How much you need varies a lot with what hair you got so best bet is just try and feel how much you need. Maybe you need no external oil at all and can get a good look with just your natural oils that will come from not using shampoo etc. Make sure you rinse properly with water. If you want to style the hair make sure you do it while wet using comb, blow dry(hair better protected against blow drying when oily) etc in that way you don't need any products which you would then need shampoo to rinse out. I wish you best of luck!

• +1
Reactions: Rainerchen
MCT oil over coconut oil, coconut oil feeds malassezia.

MCT oil over coconut oil, coconut oil feeds malassezia.
Isn't MCT extraction of coconut oil? Current routine have eliminated the dandruff I had before.

Isn't MCT extraction of coconut oil? Current routine have eliminated the dandruff I had before.
"I’ve seen a few people throw around the idea of using coconut oil because it is an “anti-fungal.” DO NOT DO THIS. The reason people say that is because coconut oil contains octanoic acid which is anti-fungal in nature."

"However, this only makes up 7.1% of its fatty acid composition. Lauric acid, which has a carbon chain length of 12, makes up 47% of coconut oil! This is a prime fatty acid for malassezia."

• +1
Reactions: LostYouth, ectodgk and Deleted member 11425
"I’ve seen a few people throw around the idea of using coconut oil because it is an “anti-fungal.” DO NOT DO THIS. The reason people say that is because coconut oil contains octanoic acid which is anti-fungal in nature."

"However, this only makes up 7.1% of its fatty acid composition. Lauric acid, which has a carbon chain length of 12, makes up 47% of coconut oil! This is a prime fatty acid for malassezia."

Actually interesting read. I'll keep this in mind if these kind issues arise. As I wrote prev, everyone have a different base and what works for me might not work for everyone.

OP how do you do this without your hair looking greasy or wet all the time?

OP how do you do this without your hair looking greasy or wet all the time?
My hair is very dry by "default". But you have to try and learn what works for you. Also a bit greasy is good imo.

Last few months I've not being using shampoo except for once every other week or so. BEFORE showering I use coconut + castor oil and my hair have never been better. Hair looks so fucking good without any products and it looks natural + healthy. People have been complimenting my hair for the first time ever and old friends are surprised like "didn't know you had such good hair".

Everyone have different base but for me this have been revolutionary, always used shampoo + balsam + styling products. Tried so many different products to achieve a good look and plenty of time styling it but leaving it au naturel was the answer all along.
How often do you use coconut oil bro?

Seems not too bad, good luck

Love to see when people find great success with such simple fixes. Proud of you brah!

• Love it
Reactions: DicedFeta
Bro exactly this happened to me.

I have been trying different things for my hair, from the No Poo method (I only used water for my hair, no shampoo ever), then I tried to use shampoo / conditioner / gel (I tried different products, application frequencies at this time).

I learned a lot about my hair by experimenting with the above methods. Then I read a book on coconut oil, and they recommended using it as a conditioner for hair and also for skin.

So what I do is this:
I only use sulfate / silicone free shampoo when my hair feels dirty / greasy (every 2 weeks approx).

I apply coconut oil at night to my skin and hair before sleeping

In the morning I rinse my hair and skin with just water.

Then with damp hair I comb my hair and try to spread the natural oils with the comb and hands.

This has been the best thing I have done for my hair, it looks better than ever. It really looks great, I can't stress enough how great coconut oil is for hair.

Last edited:
  • Love it
ime oils dont work on my fine hair
I add baking soda into my hair, which by itself gives the hair a pretty cool consistency
then I poor a bit of apple cider vinegar over it, it starts carbonating indeed. Highly autistic, but this has consistenly brought me the best results

what is your hair type

How long do you leave it in?

what is your hair type
Kinda thick and wavy/curly
How long do you leave it in?
Pref a few hours but it varies. Once you start using oil in your hair you will learn to estimate how much you would need. Depends on daily activity.

Update to the post: since this I've started using conditioner without sulfates or silicones a few times a week. Still no shampoo tho.

Kinda thick and wavy/curly

Pref a few hours but it varies. Once you start using oil in your hair you will learn to estimate how much you would need. Depends on daily activity.

Update to the post: since this I've started using conditioner without sulfates or silicones a few times a week. Still no shampoo tho.
aight Ill give this routine a try mine is similar

• +1
Using only castor oil instead of castor oil + coconut oil, does one get about the same results?