Genetics poll

How much of height, width, facial structure, overall skeletal development do you think is genetic

• 99%: It’s all genetics as long as you aren’t starving as a child.

• 80%: if you ate more and ate healthier as a kid you could be approx 2in taller

• 60%: you can eat your way 4+ inches past your fathers height and mog his frame and facial structure

Results are only viewable after voting.
mattzdeb

mattzdeb

BAN ME
Fuck scientists they don’t know shit. They’re telling me if I ate more I wouldn’t of been stuck with my shit frame. How tf does that work if I’m 2 inches taller than my father yet significantly thinner. Fucks all my hopes of getting big.

• +1
Reactions: birchman
genetics are very important. there’s genetic ceilings you can reach. height is mostly genetic. facial development is genetic and environmental. if u mouth breathe, 99% of the time you’re gonna look ugly.

• +1
Reactions: Hector, I'mme, EckhartTollemaxx and 1 other person
i like to think of genetics as a peak of what you can achieve through environmental factors, and 99% of people dont reach that peak because it requires basically a perfect lifestyle 24/7 from being a baby to adult.

• +1
Reactions: Hector, Deleted member 2426, middayshowers and 7 others
All slayers played football with mouth open whole day and they're are slayers.
not during their childhood. and playing a sport like football is enough of a status booster to get laid if ur not an ugly fuck

genetics are very important. there’s genetic ceilings you can reach. height is mostly genetic. facial development is genetic and environmental. if u mouth breathe, 99% of the time you’re gonna look ugly.

I know you might say cope about height, but I legit started working out 1,5 years ago (while being 18) and I used to be ~178-180cm

after a year I stopped growing at 186cm (19years old)

Gym might have contributed to height grow, but who the hell knows. I trained legs 2 a week

good genes > exposure to test in womb > environment and diet.

Attachments

• Dg-7Kv2VMAAb87X.jpg
    Dg-7Kv2VMAAb87X.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 136
  • +1
Reactions: I'mme, Deleted member 2810, EckhartTollemaxx and 3 others
I know you might say cope about height, but I legit started working out 1,5 years ago (while being 18) and I used to be ~178-180cm

Gym might have contributed to height grow, but who the hell knows. I trained legs 2 a week
that’s called a late growth spurt

• Woah
Reactions: prgfromnl
Yeah but I’m so confused on to how much these “environmental factors” play a role. Most kids Honestly mouth breathe in the winter and shit. People make it seems like if you did shit right as a kid you would look like a whole different person fucking 4 inches taller wider forward grown barret face but no I didn’t mew as a kid or eat eggs and ham every morning so now I’m subhuman

• JFL
Reactions: EckhartTollemaxx
not during their childhood. and playing a sport like football is enough of a status booster to get laid if ur not an ugly fuck
At 7yo is not childhood? And they are gl

Fuck scientists they don’t know shit. They’re telling me if I ate more I wouldn’t of been stuck with my shit frame. How tf does that work if I’m 2 inches taller than my father yet significantly thinner. Fucks all my hopes of getting big.
I literately had an eating problem growing up and Im the tallest in the family and a few generations back. Its genetics.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, I'mme, EckhartTollemaxx and 3 others
Yeah but I’m so confused on to how much these “environmental factors” play a role. Most kids Honestly mouth breathe in the winter and shit. People make it seems like if you did shit right as a kid you would look like a whole different person fucking 4 inches taller wider forward grown barret face but no I didn’t mew as a kid or eat eggs and ham every morning so now I’m subhuman
ppl always over exaggerate here. point is, they have shitty genes. height is basically all genetic. there’s also genetic recombination which ppl don’t take into consideration. they just wanna blame it on something they had no control over like mouth breathing as a child. not saying it’s a bad excuse but maybe they have shit genes lol.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Deleted member 2581
good genes > exposure to test in womb > environment and diet.
I honestly believe genetics pre-dispose you to mouth breathing.
Its the cruelty of nature.

Survival of the fittest.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 685
I literately had an eating problem growing up and Im the tallest in the family and a few generations back. Its genetics.
Yeah I literally refused to eat as a kid but played a lot of sports outside. My mom had to buy me ensure bc I literally would not eat shit. Though everytime I went to the doctor I was growing . But now at 16 my clavicles cheekbones, and wrists (bone density) are all fucked even though I am over 6” , and it makes me think I could of done something as a kid, but this is contradicted by the fact that I grew bc if my femur and shit grew why tf would the other shit not grow too.

Look at this perfect example of genetic superiority.

Were conditioned by society to believe everyone has a chance in life and succeed.
Sure you can make good money etc etc but that's all superficial.

The mother bird fucking know's its kid is subbird and would rather raise a genetically superior one to spread its gene.
Humans are no different.

• +1
Reactions: EckhartTollemaxx
Wtf is that? I only heard about it never seen irl

See nobody can fucking agree on a percentage idk why but the lack of knowledge scientists have for the exact genetic role in skeletal development pisses me off . You can fucking find causes to thousands of diseases but can’t tell me why my clavicles never grew. They also say everything causes cancer my phone and my microwave and my McDonald’s cup

Look at this perfect example of genetic superiority.

Were conditioned by society to believe everyone has a chance in life and succeed.
Sure you can make good money etc etc but that's all superficial.

The mother bird fucking know's its kid is subbird and would rather raise a genetically superior one to spread its gene.
Humans are no different.

Yeah it sucks you are born chosen. It’s like no1 is aware of the importance of prenatal t and genes. Also I’ll see someone tall but shit face and someone with a good face structure and width but manlet . Either you can’t win em all or Humans just keep going downhill.

Last edited:
Height - Purely genetical. If you didn’t starve as a child or teenager, you hit your max height

Frame - Mostly genetics. You’ll likely have a good frame if it runs in your family. You will have shit frame if it runs in your family. There is a slight chance that you can be an outlier however

Facial structure - 60% genetics, 40% environment. Your facial structure can be genetically destined to be good but bad environmental factors like constant mouthbreathing can destroy that and make you subhuman

Developing good habits at a young age like proper tongue posture and nose breathing can possibly give you optimal development. However, if your parents are ugly, good habits will not do much to prevent you from being ugly.

There’s also other things like genetical recombination and Prenatal T.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2426, EckhartTollemaxx and WannaBeA6
Everything is genetics. From the way you look to the way you think.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 685
65 genetics/35 diet and environment

One of the theories why the Dutch people experienced such an insane explosion in average height in such a short time is that they started eating way more cheese meaning they upped their K2 intake.

It's almost entirely inherited traits (genetic recombo) ,hgh, and test during pre-natal development. Assuming you weren't starved of nutrition or developed some serious health issues as a young child.

For example. I have a family member who's father was rather short at 5'9"and mother is 5'5" and he grew to 6'0" and has his father's broad shoulders. But here's the kicker. The guy had an absolute dogshit nutrition during childhood. Basically your standard American fare of fast food and highly processed junk. Not only that, but he wasn't particularly active in sports and actually has struggled with bouts of bulimia and Yo-Yo weight fluctuations since his teen years. All that and he still has good frame, good height, and facial bones.

Bbbbut... Muh High protein calcium rich diet. And team sports during childhood. :feelsautistic:

• +1
Reactions: I'mme, Dogs and mattzdeb
It's almost entirely inherited traits (genetic recombo) ,hgh, and test during pre-natal development. Assuming you weren't starved of nutrition or developed some serious health issues as a young child.

For example. I have a family member who's father was rather short at 5'9"and mother is 5'5" and he grew to 6'0" and has his father's broad shoulders. But here's the kicker. The guy had an absolute dogshit nutrition during childhood. Basically your standard American fare of fast food and highly processed junk. Not only that, but he wasn't particularly active in sports and actually has struggled with bouts of bulimia and Yo-Yo weight fluctuations since his teen years. All that and he still has good frame, good height, and facial bones.

Bbbbut... Muh High protein calcium rich diet. And team sports during childhood. :feelsautistic:
People say good or bad nutrition as if that means sticking by the government's completely cucked guidelines makes it good nutrition. In reality it doesn't really matter if it was fast food or processed junk so long as he got what he needed. Eating that diet might have actually helped because it may have resulted in more red meat and cheese than he would have otherwise gotten, two things I'm very sure aid development.

• JFL
Reactions: Mediocre Normalfag
People say good or bad nutrition as if that means sticking by the government's completely cucked guidelines makes it good nutrition. In reality it doesn't really matter if it was fast food or processed junk so long as he got what he needed. Eating that diet might have actually helped because it may have resulted in more red meat and cheese than he would have otherwise gotten, two things I'm very sure aid development.

That would make sense if we're talking about whole cuts of red meat/animal proteins. But the reality is that most children in Murica grow up eating genetically modified, processed meats (usually ground) with soy fillers and other nasty additives. Of which he ate just as much as your average kid. Myself included. By your logic. It's would also aid in development to smoke pot on the daily and abuse other narcotics throughout your early teen years. Which he did and does to this very day.

IT'S GENETICS BRO. QUIT COPING.

Another example.

I've never had issues with acne or other skin conditions. And until recently, smoked about a pack of cigarettes since I was 17. But I still have a better complexion and less wrinkles then most peers in my age group. WHY ?

Genetics. Both my mother and late father always had good facial complexion.

That would make sense if we're talking about whole cuts of red meat/animal proteins. But the reality is that most children in Murica grow up eating genetically modified, processed meats (usually ground) with soy fillers and other nasty additives. Of which he ate just as much as your average kid. Myself included. By your logic. It's would also aid in development to smoke pot on the daily and abuse other narcotics throughout your early teen years. Which he did and does to this very day.

IT'S GENETICS BRO. QUIT COPING.

Another example.

I've never had issues with acne or other skin conditions. And until recently, smoked about a pack of cigarettes since I was 17. But I still have a better complexion and less wrinkles then most peers in my age group. WHY ?

Genetics. Both my mother and late father always had good facial complexion.
Wait what? How do you connect my logic to smoking pot and using narcotics? Fucking kek. What I'm saying is the classic guidelines of nutrition are ultra fucking cucked, this FAST FOOD BAD VEGGIES GOOD shit is fucking retarded, 99% of people don't even know why they believe this, just that they do. I'm not trying to say fast food is the best food for you but the most important thing is are you hitting your fucking macros/micros. Research has shown that K2 is very important for height, see my post earlier on the Dutch. Their average male height has gone up 8 inches in the past 150 years. That isn't possible in terms of a gene shift, so scientists wonder wtf is going on and one of the leading theories is that through cheese consumption they dramatically raised their K2 intake. Guess what else has K2? Fucking beef.
Genetics are hella important and they will cap your height, but guess what's even more important than genetics? Epigenetics. Don't feed a kid the shit he needs and he won't grow, doesn't matter if his parents were both 7'6.

• +1
Wait what? How do you connect my logic to smoking pot and using narcotics? Fucking kek. What I'm saying is the classic guidelines of nutrition are ultra fucking cucked, this FAST FOOD BAD VEGGIES GOOD shit is fucking retarded, 99% of people don't even know why they believe this, just that they do. I'm not trying to say fast food is the best food for you but the most important thing is are you hitting your fucking macros/micros. Research has shown that K2 is very important for height, see my post earlier on the Dutch. Their average male height has gone up 8 inches in the past 150 years. That isn't possible in terms of a gene shift, so scientists wonder wtf is going on and one of the leading theories is that through cheese consumption they dramatically raised their K2 intake. Guess what else has K2? Fucking beef.
Genetics are hella important and they will cap your height, but guess what's even more important than genetics? Epigenetics. Don't feed a kid the shit he needs and he won't grow, doesn't matter if his parents were both 7'6.
I thought the leading theory had something to do with natural selection there? It seems like a stretch to think the amount of cheese the Dutch ate over the past 100 years has increased their average 8 inches though.Also you feed a kid enough to grow and he will reach his potential , I thought this was already established in this thread. My only question is if you feed a kid much more than enough, how big will they get and is there a limit?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Mediocre Normalfag

Yeah my narcotics rant was low iQ. :feelsautistic:

I agree with most of what you said but, the reality is most children in developed nations are hitting their macros and micros. And the discrepancy in height and overall bone development is mostly genetics inheited from your parents. Of course if you're either starving or, eating only Doritos and chicken tendies,drinking soda, and only getting about 800 calories a day. You're probably going to be somewhat stunted during puberty, but this just isn't the case for the vast majority of boys.
I thought the leading theory had something to do with natural selection there? It seems like a stretch to think the amount of cheese the Dutch ate over the past 100 years has increased their average 8 inches though.Also you feed a kid enough to grow and he will reach his potential , I thought this was already established in this thread. My only question is if you feed a kid much more than enough, how big will they get and is there a limit?

Exactly. French and Swiss people have alot of dairy and cheese in the tradtional diet yet, their height increase;post industrial revolution-early 20th century, is nowhere near the increase in the Dutch. There is something else at play here.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
Its a mix obviously. The theory is the Dutch had a greater genetic potential that they weren't meeting. Natural selection can't explain an 8 inch increase over 150 years.

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
All slayers played football with mouth open whole day and they're are slayers.
Many football players have butt ugly recessed faces, what's your point?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2810 and Deleted member 685
Many football players have butt ugly recessed faces, what's your point?
I mean slayer from my school, not all football Playera are gl but some of them are gl.

genetics give potential to everything, facial structure, frame size, height etc, there is some room for environment to be important, but you cant expect a poo poo ethnic pajeet from mumbai seweres to ever be a male model

• JFL
Height and frame basically 100 percent genetics baring rare circumstances.

Skull size genetic.

Face is much more environmentally effected than otherwise but still heavily genetic influenced. Most don't reach their potential face but that doesn't mean that your genetic max is good looking.

• +1
Reactions: mattzdeb
Father 1.75 me 1.80
2 inches

height is like 95% genetic

you can only change GH levels with GH injectible to a high extent which isn't safe

or take antiandrogens/antiestrogens to increase bone velocity but even that only adds like 1-2 inches MAX

• +1
Reactions: mattzdeb
Height - Purely genetical. If you didn’t starve as a child or teenager, you hit your max height

Frame - Mostly genetics. You’ll likely have a good frame if it runs in your family. You will have shit frame if it runs in your family. There is a slight chance that you can be an outlier however

Facial structure - 60% genetics, 40% environment. Your facial structure can be genetically destined to be good but bad environmental factors like constant mouthbreathing can destroy that and make you subhuman

Developing good habits at a young age like proper tongue posture and nose breathing can possibly give you optimal development. However, if your parents are ugly, good habits will not do much to prevent you from being ugly.

I mostly agree, but how do you explain average height dramatically going up in the last couple hundred years?
I'd say it's diet.

• +1
Reactions: CopingCel
I feel like it is ~90% genetic. Me and my bro grew up eating shit food and playing 0 sports, and he is 6'1 and I'm 5'9.
Even then, I feel like you can overcome some of your genetics through HGH and the use of hormones.

• +1
I mostly agree, but how do you explain average height dramatically going up in the last couple hundred years?
I'd say it's diet.
Starvation and hunger was more common place in the past, which made sure that most people didn’t hit their genetical potential (which is covered when I said if you don’t starve during childhood or your teen years, you’re fine).

yeah this.
My dad had hollow cheeks and I noticed recently that my mom's cheeks are somewhat hollow dispite the fact that she's 40.
I used to mouthbreath hella though & have no cheekbones with a slightly recessed chin now.
dad mogs me into oviovion

• So Sad
Reactions: I'mme
I'd give an answer like I gave here. https://looksmax.org/threads/heightmaxxing-has-been-in-vain.53869/post-1033658
Genes/DNA is just 1 factor of an unknown amount of factors and interactions that influence what you become.

That gives me hope to grow ngl

Height and frame basically 100 percent genetics baring rare circumstances.

Skull size genetic.

Face is much more environmentally effected than otherwise but still heavily genetic influenced. Most don't reach their potential face but that doesn't mean that your genetic max is good looking.
Yeah for face and pheno is all genetic including eyebrows, lips, eye color, hair, hairline, and 95% of the bone structure is genetic. I think the only damage you can do is bad posture which will slowly recess your jaw and in turn effect other shit, but it’s not like if you don’t drink half a gallon of milk a day as a kid your facial structure won’t get to where it should be genetically . I have good jaw protrusion but not cheekbone protrusion which in turn give me bad under eye support, there would be no reason for my mandible you grow and not my cheekbones , that’s like your legs growing but not your arms.

Yeah for face and pheno is all genetic including eyebrows, lips, eye color, hair, hairline, and 95% of the bone structure is genetic. I think the only damage you can do is bad posture which will slowly recess your jaw and in turn effect other shit, but it’s not like if you don’t drink half a gallon of milk a day as a kid your facial structure won’t get to where it should be genetically . I have good jaw protrusion but not cheekbone protrusion which in turn give me bad under eye support, there would be no reason for my mandible you grow and not my cheekbones , that’s like your legs growing but not your arms.
Your cheekbones have grown they're just recessed. I think for the most part the amount of bone you have in your face is genetic, but i do think proper posture tongue and otherwise promotes more bone growth as well.

Height can be affected by 2 inch in max.

Face i really don't know how much, things like shape of Eyebrows, Lips, Mouth and Eyes is genetics, your face width and height can be affected by Prenatal T. About mouth breathing and other things im not 100% sure, exist study saiyng about the affect and others saiyng that have very low affects and low evidence, also, remember that orthodontists need money so is hard to tell.

children in developed nations are hitting their macros and micros
"Hitting macros (and micros)" is only relative to your bodyweight. It's only about maintenance here.
And you can't get bigger if you don't exceed your caloric needs.

Frame - Mostly genetics. You’ll likely have a good frame if it runs in your family. You will have shit frame if it runs in your family.
Why should we apply minimalism? Why do you think acromegaly patients have such big anthropomorphic measurements?

genetics don't know something like a "destiny", all they know is how to react to enviromental influences, they don't know a dead end.
Cells keep splitting and dividing, there is no real regulation to how far things can go.

Your cheekbones have grown they're just recessed. I think for the most part the amount of bone you have in your face is genetic, but i do think proper posture tongue and otherwise promotes more bone growth as well.
Yes but the recession is genetic.