genio? implant? fillers?

W

wristcel

Kraken
Even though this is an unrealistic morph, I want to know what I need to give me this kind of result. To give the face some actual SHAPE!
(for this morph, I just made my chin wider, slightly taller, and shaved off some of my jaw to create an angle)

I've seen similar(ish) results with augmentation genioplasty, such as:

The genio might also provide a much needsed lift to the jowls, lower cheek and corners of the mouth (facelift effect) by stretching the overlying soft tissues thanks to the osseous structure modification of the lower face and anterior jaw. (according to the surgeon who done performed the operations above who I have consulted with)

I'm also curious as to whether fillers would be an option? My instincts tell me that the difference with just fillers wouldn't really be noticable or able to acheive what I want?

If you want a better angle then implants + lower bf is the way to go. Make sure you don't end up looking unnatural though.

If you want a better angle then implants + lower bf is the way to go. Make sure you don't end up looking unnatural though.
better than genioplasty?
I imagine a chin implant just giving me a more projected chin and and bigger overall but still vry 'rounded'? whereas I tend to think genio can help 'sharpen' everything and give me width and height instead of mainly horizontal improvement which I don't need much of?

Also, I'm assuming a chin implant wouldn't provide the 'lifting' effect mentioned before than genioplasty can provide

Cheers

edit: ahh, you said 'implants' (plural) so you're talking about jaw implants? I actually didn't touch the 'jaw' in the 'morph' though. Hmmm...

better than genioplasty?
I imagine a chin implant just giving me a more projected chin and and bigger overall but still vry 'rounded'? whereas I tend to think genio can help 'sharpen' everything and give me width and height instead of mainly horizontal improvement which I don't need much of?

Also, I'm assuming a chin implant wouldn't provide the 'lifting' effect mentioned before than genioplasty can provide

Cheers

edit: ahh, you said 'implants' (plural) so you're talking about jaw implants? I actually didn't touch the 'jaw' in the 'morph' though. Hmmm...
dont get an implant, always genio over implant.

• +1
Reactions: yundanfengqing and Deleted member 470
dont get an implant, always genio over implant.
yeah, that's my general instinct, tbh

Do you think fillers are a waste in terms of my goal? I assume they wouldn't really be noticeable in the chin although i've seen some amazing pics, but wonder how frauded they are!

yeah, that's my general instinct, tbh

Do you think fillers are a waste in terms of my goal? I assume they wouldn't really be noticeable in the chin although i've seen some amazing pics, but wonder how frauded they are!
I still think a genio is the best bet since it adds both height and projection. Youd have to keep going back for fillers every year. WIth a genio its still gonna be your natural bone and chin, so technically youre not frauding.

bonesmash ftw

i don't think genio can shape face like that. you need some custom implants or fillers

better than genioplasty?
I imagine a chin implant

A high quality custom implant is superior to a genioplasty. When doctors actually do a genioplasty they lack precision and the outcome is never truly optimal. Also the size of the chin is not actually changed but broken and contorted.

A high quality custom implant is superior to a genioplasty. When doctors actually do a genioplasty they lack precision and the outcome is never truly optimal. Also the size of the chin is not actually changed but broken and contorted.
It's hard to choose, man!
ONe thing to further confuse me is if I simply pull (lift ) the skin arond my chin up and tight, my chin looks human and more angular. Not 'ideal' as it still lacks siize, but much better to my eye. And then I start wondering about some sort of facelift instead lol

But geniplasty does proivde a facelift effect! So then I think about getting a very 'moderate' geniplasty which would give me teh lift I want as well as a minore improvement bone wize. Double win

But I can see how custom implant could give me an ideal shape (although presumably with no 'lift' due to there being less stretching on the actual muscle and tissue