Getting breakouts again after 14 months of Accutane treatment

Deleted member 39

Deleted member 39

The Inferior
What the fuck is this shit?
Pre accutane:

I took Accutane for around 14 months now.
The first two months it got worse which is normal:

After the first few months it started to improve tremendously. From month ~6 on I didn't get a new pimple at all and my scars became less visible:

Then, since two weeks I'm getting huge breakouts again. I have 6 active pimples right now and 2 new scars from previous pimples. Experiencing breakouts after months of clean skin is suicidefuel.
I'm still taking Accutane by the way, have to take it for 4 more months and it appears to not be working anymore.
I was looking forward to laser therapy but can't get it until I am sure I won't have new breakouts.

Should I just take double the dosage? I'm frustrated

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
go to a dermatologist

14 months of accutane and still breaking out? Its possibly food related then. Brian turner on youtube has probably the best accutane log journey in youtube history and found out it was dairy all along after a year + accutane.. going up over 100 mg/day. You might want to look into that.

So yeah
Try eliminating the big 3. Dairy, gluten and refined sugar. Caffeine can also be a trigger.
14 months of accutane and still breaking out? Its possibly food related then. Brian turner on youtube has probably the best accutane log journey in youtube history and found out it was dairy all along after a year + accutane.. going up over 100 mg/day. You might want to look into that.

So yeah
Try eliminating the big 3. Dairy, gluten and refined sugar. Caffeine can also be a trigger.

Also its quite foolish pf your doctor not to ask you about your diet after being in accutane for this long and still break out. Legit retarded actually.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 39
I took my 1 course (through hospital/NHS here in the UK) when I was a kid.
Acne came back a little bit about 4 years later. (but nothing like as bad as before) I then took a short DIY course which gave me relief for another 2 years.
It's coming back again a little now and i'm about to start another DIY course for a few months

• +1
Read up on vitamin b5 megadoses for acne

• +1
Holy fuck If this happens to me too I'll will fucking Shoot up my school

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, buflek and Deleted member 39

So yeah

Also its quite foolish pf your doctor not to ask you about your diet after being in accutane for this long and still break out. Legit retarded actually.
I eat a lot of dairy because it's my only protein source. I've eaten it the months before too and never got a single pimple. It might be diet but I still hope that they occurred because of one day me being an idiot.
I put sun cream on my face and went out in the sun making hay. Later I spend a whole day placing the hay in a barn. I hope that the dusty environment coupled with sun cream and sweat clogged my pores. If my hormones are responsible for these breakouts I'm legit fucked and will just give up.
I took my 1 course (through hospital/NHS here in the UK) when I was a kid.
Acne came back a little bit about 4 years later. (but nothing like as bad as before) I then took a short DIY course which gave me relief for another 2 years.
It's coming back again a little now and i'm about to start another DIY course for a few months
So I probably need to wait even longer until I can get laser treatments. Fuck
whats your dosage?
20mg/day
Holy fuck If this happens to me too I'll will fucking Shoot up my school
I feel like ripping my skin off and hitting my face so hard that I only have to see blood covering my subhuman skin

fuck acne, can literally drop u 3 points ez, can make a chadlite into a subhuman instantly

and wtf you mean only protein source, dairy is like the shittiest source for protein

• +1
fuck acne, can literally drop u 3 points ez, can make a chadlite into a subhuman instantly
And acne is also very rare it seems. I've never seen a person with brutal acne on the streets. They probably always hide inside.
Even most subhumans have clear skin.

• +1
Reactions: kramer
I eat a lot of dairy because it's my only protein source. I've eaten it the months before too and never got a single pimple. It might be diet but I still hope that they occurred because of one day me being an idiot.
I put sun cream on my face and went out in the sun making hay. Later I spend a whole day placing the hay in a barn. I hope that the dusty environment coupled with sun cream and sweat clogged my pores. If my hormones are responsible for these breakouts I'm legit fucked and will just give up.

So I probably need to wait even longer until I can get laser treatments. Fuck

20mg/day

I feel like ripping my skin off and hitting my face so hard that I only have to see blood covering my subhuman skin
I doubt its the environment. just being honest from what I have been told from my derma

• +1
After taking it my acne was gone for good tbh only a few pimples here and there.

and wtf you mean only protein source, dairy is like the shittiest source for protein
I don't want to eat meat

How old are you you OP?

I did 8 months of Accutane with a 40mg dosage and I started breaking out after about 3 months. Next thing you know, I was a pepperoni face with breakouts worse than before.

Reason why this happened was because I didn't take Accutane with foods that contain a lot of fat, so next time I took Accutane with eggs, peanut butter, avocados and other fatty foods.

I also upped my dosage to 80mg (appropriate dose for someone like me who is 185lbs) and went for about 10 months. Now I don't get any breakouts. I might get a small pimple that goes away if I eat like shit. For instance, I ate 4 big macs, 1 McRoyale, frenchfries with cheese, large coke, 7 beers in a single day and all I got was a single pimple. I can finally enjoy life here and there without worrying about acne.

im curious, do the results from accutane actually last because of it or is it because acne is more likely to occur during pubertal times and so the further you move away from that you just so happen to stop getting breakouts as much

• +1
Drink 10L+ Water per day
Excersise very intensely
Deplete glycogen stores
Don't eat carbs
Dandelion root + magnesium
Piss out all water and shit water through your ass due to high dose magnesium
Start taking ashwaghanda
Eat eggs, nuts, oily fish and decaff coffee
Avoid sugar, processed foods, dairy and caffeine

Do this for an extended period of time.

• +1
Drink 10L+ Water per day
Excersise very intensely
Deplete glycogen stores
Don't eat carbs
Start taking ashwaghanda

this advice is dangerous and will lead to overhydration. 10L of water is over 3x the recommended amount. this can literally kill you. just drink water when your thirsty, op

• +1
this advice is dangerous and will lead to overhydration. 10L of water is over 3x the recommended amount. this can literally kill you. just drink water when your thirsty, op
10L+ is extreme. But for clearing acne you really need to drink a lot of water all the time and flush it through you, using dandelion root as a diuretic and high dose magnesium as a laxative (your shit will be watery and water will come out your ass-hole) but it works when you stay consistent. Drinking just when you're thirsty isn't enough to clear up acne.

• +1
I did 8 months of Accutane with a 40mg dosage and I started breaking out after about 3 months. Next thing you know, I was a pepperoni face with breakouts worse than before.

Reason why this happened was because I didn't take Accutane with foods that contain a lot of fat, so next time I took Accutane with eggs, peanut butter, avocados and other fatty foods.

I also upped my dosage to 80mg (appropriate dose for someone like me who is 185lbs) and went for about 10 months. Now I don't get any breakouts. I might get a small pimple that goes away if I eat like shit. For instance, I ate 4 big macs, 1 McRoyale, frenchfries with cheese, large coke, 7 beers in a single day and all I got was a single pimple. I can finally enjoy life here and there without worrying about acne.
Tbh I have to admit that I didn't take the pill with fatty food all the time. I take it at 22:00PM after a few toasts most of the time. I started taking them with peanut butter again yesterday. I should also probably take them earlier, like 15:00PM.
Drink 10L+ Water per day
Excersise very intensely
Deplete glycogen stores
Don't eat carbs
Start taking ashwaghanda

There's nothing left to eat if I avoid carbs and dairy.
I drink 4l water a day usually but stopped doing that admittedly because of laziness. Also sweated a lot because of the heat.
im curious, do the results from accutane actually last because of it or is it because acne is more likely to occur during pubertal times and so the further you move away from that you just so happen to stop getting breakouts as much
In my case I'm pretty sure they last because of Accutane. My acne isn't puberty related. I started having brutal breakouts when most of my puberty was over, at 17. I'd have acne as a 40 year old if I didn't take drugs.

Tbh I have to admit that I didn't take the pill with fatty food all the time. I take it at 22:00PM after a few toasts most of the time. I started taking them with peanut butter again yesterday. I should also probably take them earlier, like 15:00PM.

There's nothing left to eat if I avoid carbs and dairy.
I drink 4l water a day usually but stopped doing that admittedly because of laziness. Also sweated a lot because of the heat.
Yeah that's the thing. You need to just eat when you really need to. Give your body time for digestion and just eat eggs, tuna, vegetables, decaff coffee, brazil nuts etc. It'll be hard but it'll work. Specially when you're flushing water through your body. Your liver and gut condition will improve and your vasopressin will lower, which is a stress hormone along with cortisol. Ashwaghanda will reduce the cortisol as well as avoiding carbs and taking curcumin if you need to eat (low GI) carbs.
Yeah that's the thing. You need to just eat when you really need to. Give your body time for digestion and just eat eggs, tuna, vegetables, decaff coffee, brazil nuts etc. It'll be hard but it'll work. Specially when you're flushing water through your body. Your liver and gut condition will improve and your vasopressin will lower, which is a stress hormone along with cortisol. Ashwaghanda will reduce the cortisol as well as avoiding carbs and taking curcumin if you need to eat (low GI) carbs.
Don't use alcohol on your skin and don't overuse scrubs, cleansers, exfoliators. Use non comedogenic moisturisers, preferably with vitamin E and jojoba oil in it.

First identify if your acne is inflammed or not. It's probably not since you're on accutane but the process of getting clear skin just takes time and deliberation.

• +1
make a "journal" of everything you eat, drink etc daily and when you get breakouts.