Getting Permanent Retainers Off

Gen Zykon

Gen Zykon

Iron
Well I decided to make the leap and schedule to have my permanent retainers be taken off.
I have them on both upper and lower teeth. I feel like they actually kinda fucked my facial development over the years. I have been noticing almost jaw issues lately and kinda like cramping/awkwardness. My only fear is my teeth slowly drifting out of line but hopefully I can prevent that with hard mewing. I plan on mewing like a mf when I get them off. I mean the worst that could happen is mewing fails me and a couple years down the line my teeth I gotta get braces again (but I doubt it since my teeth were always decent from the start). You think it's a bad idea? or would it be a forward step to better health and facial development? I mean anything unnatural like that can't be that great for yeah right? Wish me luck boys

I get them off June 10th

Last edited:
Nice bro

• +1
Reactions: ShineBright and Gen Zykon
Going thru same problem, send me a DM

jfl at falling for mewing meme in may 2019

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 2846, DidntRead and 6 others
mewing acts as a natural retainer which will help your face grow in a proper, ideal way.

palatial expansion can space your teeth but people claim that it'll resolve itself as you achieve forward growth

if puberty is over then growing is over, therefore rope

retainers will not hinder mewing progress

just keep them in

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and SayNoToRotting
Taking out retainers for mewing

you fucking retard

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: SayNoToRotting, DidntRead, lasthope and 3 others

just keep them in
How would they not? They keep your teeth stationary/fixed to where they are.
Taking out retainers for mewing

View attachment 58969

you fucking retard
I bet you're such a chad and everyone admires you and you're not a basement dwelling incel at all... lol
mewing acts as a natural retainer which will help your face grow in a proper, ideal way.

palatial expansion can space your teeth but people claim that it'll resolve itself as you achieve forward growth

if puberty is over then growing is over, therefore rope
Wolf's Law. Can a 20 year old still make muscle gains? Can a face grow longer as the years pass? Quit making coping excuses for why you're ugly and get go outside.

Last edited:
Well I decided to make the leap and schedule to have my permanent retainers be taken off.
I have them on both upper and lower teeth. I feel like they actually kinda fucked my facial development over the years. I have been noticing almost jaw issues lately and kinda like cramping/awkwardness. My only fear is my teeth slowly drifting out of line but hopefully I can prevent that with hard mewing. I plan on mewing like a mf when I get them off. I mean the worst that could happen is mewing fails me and a couple years down the line my teeth I gotta get braces again (but I doubt it since my teeth were always decent from the start). You think it's a bad idea? or would it be a forward step to better health and facial development? I mean anything unnatural like that can't be that great for yeah right? Wish me luck boys

I get them off June 10th
View attachment 58635
What's ur intermolar width?

I get them off June 10th
nice bro, I have stopped wearing mine aswell because not only did it screw up my face development and prevent me from mewing, but it also made me stutter and sound like a complete idiot at times, You only need to wear your retainer for the first month because that's when the teeth are more prone to move. Its funny how orthodontists are getting paid to screw up your face, ik this person (irl) never had braces or retainer ever, and he has the best facial posture out of everyone who wore braces. Coincidence?
its fine to not have straight teeth, as long as they are white.

just keep them in
Retainers WILL hinder mewing progress, it prevents the front teeth from expanding outward
Keeping your tongue at the roof of your mouth keeps your teeth straight. The only reason people have crooked teeth is because they are mouth breathers.

Watch this before you comment

Last edited:
Are permanent retainers actually bad? I’m 22y/o and just got them renewed for 200 USD lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043

just keep them in

I hear that PERMANENT/FIXED retainers that are behind your top 4 teeth and bottom 6 teeth will not hinder mewing progress, but I hear that plastic/clear Invisalign or Essix retainers that cover all of your teeth that you wear every night prevent mewing results as they undo any progress done from mewing. Is this true?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043