Got 1200 Grafts FUE Hair Transplant

Agendum

Agendum

Banned
Just got a hair transplant (in LA,) Im excited to see what my new hairline will look like in the coming months.

I received 1200 grafts @ $3000 even. Alot of the price is to call in the staff so if you can notify them that you have another friend/family member interested it is a good option coordinate it to lower costs. It would have to be a back-to-back procedure for both of you in smaller offices. We got a $1000 discount on both of ours ($3000/each.) Normally it would be around $4000-5000 in LA.

In the image my existing hair looks very thin but that is because of the swelling, my forehead is kinda bloated with fluid. I had a shit ton of lidocaine that wore off very quickly in that area, the doctor said that my metabolism was very fast so it hurt like a bitch getting the grafts implanted. I dont remember the duration but I think it was a bout 6 hours for mine to be complete.

If you're interested in hair transplantation but very high-inhib, you can opt for a Tentative Consultation, where the consultation precedes the procedure the same day. You make your decision in the office before you are sent to the get the procedure done. There they'll roughly draw in you hairline as an estimation prior to the doctor making his own finalized estimation. They'll make suggestions but its ultimately up to you what you want. I have a slightly lopsided frontal bone so I knew I cant be 100% symmetrical.

So far, seeing the scabbed area simulating what my hairline will be like, rounding the corner of my temples makes my forehead area looks SO MUCH MASCULINE. Its hairline like im 21 again (age 29.)

Fuck yeah!

MSE was less painful than this though ironically. I went in willy nilly which was a mistake since I thought the local anesthetic would stick around longer in the frontal implantation. Fast metabolizers beware!

You have to sleep upright for a few nights and cannot touch the implanted hairs, they are very fragile. Pain subsides after a day with meds. Now I just cant fuck up protecting my hair with upkeep of post-op stuff through theses weeks and I am including Saw Palmetto supplements. Staff didnt really believe in Finasteride which was a relief to me.

Hope this was useful information.

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 154
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: Fear, everydayfun, kubo and 6 others
7f5

• +1
Reactions: Agendum and Deleted member 5634
  • +1
Reactions: Agendum
$3000?!! I thought UScels had to pay like 20k+ lol

That's cheaper than I intend to pay in Turkey!! Good stuff

PS - Thoughts on beard transplant? Will I need a tonne of grafs if I have zero facial hair? I don't like the idea of using so many valuable grafts for beard, so maybe I can just ask for a bit of a more conservative beard as well as doing my hairline

• +1
Reactions: ascentium, Deleted member 10551 and Agendum
Love seeing guys actually looksmaxing.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Prettyboy, ascentium, StressShady and 7 others
really ? so they didn't suggest you
Saw Palmetto, it was one of the consultants who was telling me about the horror stories. I used to think that that fin-horror stories were just meme but it appears that its not it seems.

Saw Palmetto, it was one of the consultants who was telling me about the horror stories. I used to think that that fin-horror stories were just meme but it appears that its not it seems.
some people on this forum says ht has no chance without finasteride.
so it's a lie then ?

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
I hate seeing you living my dream of a new hairline

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 10551

PS - Thoughts on beard transplant? Will I need a tonne of grafs if I have zero facial hair? I don't like the idea of using so many valuable grafts for beard, so maybe I can just ask for a bit of a more conservative beard as well as doing my hairline
Thats what I thought too, I was in a location in LA county as well so it was strange that my price was low. We asked if their business was slow during these times but it apparently wasnt. Something in their business formula must have been good to allow for such a discount.

As for beard, I dont know... I think beard transplants should be on the bottom of the looksmaxxing list. If your jaw is SOL then it may be an option but I think money is best spent on other things of a jaw related nature. I cannot pull off a beard myself but it never interested me. You'll want to preserve the hair in your donor area for when you get older in case balding becomes a problem. Nothing is worse than a receded hair line. Getting and maintaining that hairline seems to be the longer lasting investment. Donor hairs are in limited supply (according to current tech.)

so it's a lie then ?
Im not sure, might be for certain types of balding, I seemed to be near stabilization at around Norwood 1.5 at age 29. It might be more effective for older patients. I could be wrong.

I could imagine though, at worst that the attractive price of the hair transplant from a business lures a patient into trap where a hair transplant gives lots of hair grafts but doesnt supplement them with finasteride causing the hypothetical failure of many of the grafts, leading to the inevitable follow-up procedure (more profit.) Someone sneaky could possibly do something like this but it doesnt seem too likely. I considered this possibility.

Honestly, even though I havnt done much research on Finasteride, my gut kinda makes me feel like its just Jewpill$. Again, I could be wrong.

Honestly this concerns me, what makes you think that DHT will stop ravaging your hair follicles after a transplant? The transplanted hair will be safe, but the hair behind them will still be sensitive to DHT and will fall out overtime. I seriously recommend getting on fin, I am 7 month into it and never felt better. Sides has been shown to be pretty much anecdotal (placebo group nearly experienced as much side effects as the real group) in multiple experiments, go read some published studies.

I'm just speculating here, but when HT surgeons tell people not go get on fin after a treatment, I think they are trying to profit. Let me explain, without some sort of androgen inhibition your hair will continue to fall and the pace will increase as you age. When you are not on fin, you are pretty much bound to come back for a second or third hair transplant. Easy profit for them if you think about it.

• +1
so it's a lie then ?
Yes, DHT will continue to destroy your remaining hair. It's not like a HT magically removed your baldness gene.

• +1
Yes, DHT will continue to destroy your remaining hair. It's not like a HT magically removed your baldness gene.
no one claimed that.
i meant that some people say without finasteride, transplanted hair will fall off so there will be failed ht.

• +1
no one claimed that.
i mean that some people say without finasteride, transplanted hair will fall off so there will be failed ht.
They transplanted hairs won't fall out because the are from the back of the head where the hairs are not sensitive to androgens. But the rest will experience damage caused by androgens.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Agendum
Honestly this concerns me, what makes you think that DHT will stop ravaging your hair follicles after a transplant? The transplanted hair will be safe, but the hair behind them will still be sensitive to DHT and will fall out overtime. I seriously recommend getting on fin, I am 7 month into it and never felt better. Sides has been shown to be pretty much anecdotal (placebo group nearly experienced as much side effects as the real group) in multiple experiments, go read some published studies.

I'm just speculating here, but when HT surgeons tell people not go get on fin after a treatment, I think they are trying to profit. Let me explain, without some sort of androgen inhibition your hair will continue to fall and the pace will increase as you age. When you are not on fin, you are pretty much bound to come back for a second or third hair transplant. Easy profit for them if you think about it.
I think the androgen narrative has become overexposed to the point of ubiquitous marketing or dogma.

My own hairloss seems more to reflect on the tautness of the skin having a greater surface area spread think over the corners of my frontal skull areas. As my face became more downswung, the tighter the skin got (less blood flow.) I do not have diffuse thinning, it was just a receding hair line at Norwood 1.5 at nearly 30 years old. Its mostly stabilized but I believe that any more recessions would reflect my changing skull shape rather than something like androgen sensitivity.

Genetically speaking I dont really have it in my case but Fin might have its uses for other.

no one claimed that.
i meant that some people say without finasteride, transplanted hair will fall off so there will be failed ht.
Transplanted hair should be pretty safe either way, since the hairs used are resistant to DHT

• +1
I think the androgen narrative has become overexposed to the point of ubiquitous marketing or dogma.

My own hairloss seems more to reflect on the tautness of the skin having a greater surface area spread think over the corners of my frontal skull areas. As my face became more downswung, the tighter the skin got (less blood flow.) I do not have diffuse thinning, it was just a receding hair line at Norwood 1.5 at nearly 30 years old. Its mostly stabilized but I believe that any more recessions would reflect my changing skull shape rather than something like androgen sensitivity.

Genetically speaking I dont really have it in my case but Fin might have its uses for other.
I don't think there is even a slight correlation between being "downswung" and norwooding. If that was the case downswung women and transgender (Male to female) would norwood, but they don't. Also, I have seen plenty of forward grown men norwood and plenty of recessed men with hair. So receding at the hairline is causes by sensitivity androgens as we age, not scalp tension.

Its just my 2 cents, I'm not saying you must go on fin. I just saying without it your non transplanted hair will get worse as you age for sure.

• +1
Reactions: ascentium and Agendum

Sounds like he got what he paid for:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: lasthope and wristcel