Got my beta blockers!

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
From @Any1 can be anything 's thread on neurotransmitters I learned about benzodiazepines and beta blockers, I've always struggled with adrenaline rushes and panic attacks when having to speak in front of people and I had given up trying to solve it, just thinking it was part of being a mentalcel. When I googled propranolol I got flooded with tons of stories about it being a miracle drug and allowing people who would literally otherwise faint give a calm speech. Basically it heismans the adrenaline rush that happens in your body so you don't feel any symptoms - no shaky voice, no shaky hands, no fast breathing or heart rate.
Well I have an unavoidable speaking situation this Sunday night where I have to lead a group in discussion and I was dreading it this week thinking it would go awfully or I might even have a panic attack etc. These are people who I have to lead, not just my peers, so I really can't afford to lose their respect. Today I had a visit to my university's psych services booked to try and grab beta blockers and she dropped the bomb that there were no pyschiatrists in the entire department who could prescribe anything - wtf. I tried two other places and got turned down each time - sorry we're booked etc. Finally I just went to one of those push doctor sites and this doc charged me like $60 bucks and routed a prescription to my pharmacy after like 2 back and forth email messages. Just went and picked up my beta blockers for 8 dollars, the psychiatrist was gonna charge me like $250 just to talk to him without even a guarantee of meds JFL
Guys if you want meds I highly recommend these push doctor sites. Cheap and easy and they get to the point - the meds, the solutions. I'm probably gonna try and snag some benzos later as well although that will certainly be a lot tougher because they're a controlled substance.
Also if you struggle with public speaking or performance anxiety look into propranolol. Just having it sitting on my dresser right now I literally have 0 dread for my engagement Sunday night as I know a physical panic attack is now impossible.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6400, middayshowers, 6'4 looksmaxxxer and 3 others
for benzos:

Dont tell the doctor youre depressed or suicidal or drinks alcohol

Just tell the Dr. you suffer from intense panic attacks

• +1
Reactions: shibo and LordNorwood
for benzos:

Dont tell the doctor youre depressed or suicidal or drinks alcohol

Just tell the Dr. you suffer from intense panic attacks
Thanks man I will! I made sure to mark no use of alcohol or illegal substances on the question sheet to get these as well lol

• +1
Reactions: Any1 can be anything
From @Any1 can be anything 's thread on neurotransmitters I learned about benzodiazepines and beta blockers, I've always struggled with adrenaline rushes and panic attacks when having to speak in front of people and I had given up trying to solve it, just thinking it was part of being a mentalcel. When I googled propranolol I got flooded with tons of stories about it being a miracle drug and allowing people who would literally otherwise faint give a calm speech. Basically it heismans the adrenaline rush that happens in your body so you don't feel any symptoms - no shaky voice, no shaky hands, no fast breathing or heart rate.
Well I have an unavoidable speaking situation this Sunday night where I have to lead a group in discussion and I was dreading it this week thinking it would go awfully or I might even have a panic attack etc. These are people who I have to lead, not just my peers, so I really can't afford to lose their respect. Today I had a visit to my university's psych services booked to try and grab beta blockers and she dropped the bomb that there were no pyschiatrists in the entire department who could prescribe anything - wtf. I tried two other places and got turned down each time - sorry we're booked etc. Finally I just went to one of those push doctor sites and this doc charged me like $60 bucks and routed a prescription to my pharmacy after like 2 back and forth email messages. Just went and picked up my beta blockers for 8 dollars, the psychiatrist was gonna charge me like $250 just to talk to him without even a guarantee of meds JFL
Guys if you want meds I highly recommend these push doctor sites. Cheap and easy and they get to the point - the meds, the solutions. I'm probably gonna try and snag some benzos later as well although that will certainly be a lot tougher because they're a controlled substance.
Also if you struggle with public speaking or performance anxiety look into propranolol. Just having it sitting on my dresser right now I literally have 0 dread for my engagement Sunday night as I know a physical panic attack is now impossible.
You're a fool if you don't test it before Sunday, what if it doesn't work?

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
You're a fool if you don't test it before Sunday, what if it doesn't work?
I'm planning on testing it tomorrow, not so much to see if it works or not but more to see if I have adverse reactions to it. I haven't found a single case if med not working in all the stories I was reading, and plus to really test it you basically need to have an adrenaline rush. I may not even have an adrenaline rush Sunday night, who knows, just the fact that I have this med in my system might be enough mental assurance to be confident. I'll know if it works or not Sunday night, if it doesn't and I have a panic attack I'll probably just rope

• +1
Reactions: CopeAndRope
Just make sure you give benzos the respect they deserve, you can easily ruin your life with them if you aren't careful.

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers and LordNorwood
Just make sure you give benzos the respect they deserve, you can easily ruin your life with them if you aren't careful.
Good shout. I recently kicked smoking so I have at least one willpower feat under my belt, but I may wait to try them until I kick my other addictions too.

Any side effects?

• +1
Any side effects?
From my research side effects are completely minimal to the point that virtually everyone considers this a safe medication. If you take too much of it you can experience some light-headness because it lowers blood pressure (its also prescribed as an anti-headache med). Other than that, I haven't found anything. You don't even need to be low inhib to take it.

• +1
Reactions: shibo
I read the thread on beta blockers years ago on Lookism (I think). There's research suggesting that you only need to use them once and then you're sort of "cured". It is worth a try I suppose as I notice that my performance anxiety is usually physical rather than solely mental if that makes sense

• +1
I tried benzo's before my mom just gave me them. I starting running around the house and hitting everything I saw lmao reacted weird as fuck to them not everyone reacts to them how you should. Went away after like 16 hours didn't sleep the whole night. Also don't use them for a too long time as they can fk you up pretty hard.

• +1
I read the thread on beta blockers years ago on Lookism (I think). There's research suggesting that you only need to use them once and then you're sort of "cured". It is worth a try I suppose as I notice that my performance anxiety is usually physical rather than solely mental if that makes sense
Yeah its amazing to me how backwards our notions of curing performance anxiety are. I was reading quite a few stories where the sufferer was talking about how they'd tried all kinds of cognitive therapies and coping strategies to avoid the adrenaline rush, but nothing worked, including being a toastmaster and giving tons of speeches. On the contrary they felt as though they were getting WORSE over time, not better (which is exactly how I feel, if anything I'm less effective than I ever was). Yet when they tried BBs they started succeeding at speeches and actually ended up weaning off the medicine and just being fine.
The boomer logic of "you'll depend on the pills just think your way out of it instead" is fucking retarded, in several cases the opposite has happened. I'm convinced there are two types of people - the first type just gets mentally nervous before a speech which is easy to cope your way out of, so they do and they improve over time. The second type legitimately gets an adrenaline rush during a speech because their body is conditioned to recognize the speech as a threat to their life. Its impossible for the second type to cope his way out of an adrenaline rush - once it happens its over, the physical symptoms aren't going away. The first type will never understand the plight of the second and will constantly go "just take deep breaths bro", "just don't be nervous bro"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3583
Combine propanolol with guanfacine and it's literally impossible to have a panic attack. It'll be impossible to feel embarrassment or any fight or flight anxiety from anything that isn't going to kill you.

Beta blockers = B2 antagonists
Guanfacine = A2 agonist

Combine Clenbuterol with Yohimbine HCl and you will get flight or flight responses to everything.

Clenbuterol = B2 agonist
Yohimbine HCl = A2 antagonist

They all work on GPC receptors.

Inderall+Guanfacine isn't like you'll feel no anxiety because you'll do low inhib shit. You'll just feel no anxiety because it won't be possible to feel anxiety unless threatened with an immediate danger of serious injury or death. Scary but true.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst and LordNorwood
Combine propanolol with guanfacine and it's literally impossible to have a panic attack. It'll be impossible to feel embarrassment or any fight or flight anxiety from anything that isn't going to kill you.

Beta blockers = B2 antagonists
Guanfacine = A2 agonist

Combine Clenbuterol with Yohimbine HCl and you will get flight or flight responses to everything.

Clenbuterol = B2 agonist
Yohimbine HCl = A2 antagonist

They all work on GPC receptors.

Inderall+Guanfacine isn't like you'll feel no anxiety because you'll do low inhib shit. You'll just feel no anxiety because it won't be possible to feel anxiety unless threatened with an immediate danger of serious injury or death. Scary but true.
cant get guanfacine without a prescription so nobody cares

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LordNorwood and CopeAndRope
  • +1
Reactions: LordNorwood and x30001
Update: Just popped 10 mg to test for bad side effects, of which I have 0 expectation of. If I do get an adverse reaction I'll update the thread, but otherwise if things go fine today I won't update the thread. So no news is good news.
As requested by some users, after Sunday I will make a thread detailing the experience. Might do it Sunday night but probably Monday. I plan on taking 30 mg around an hour prior. Actually might do 20 mg an hour and half before and 10 mg an hour before or something similar. I have 300 mg total and no refills so I'll need to talk to my GP if I want more I guess. Good part is through my insurance the medication itself is cheap as all hell.

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers