Great news about my bimax surgery

Dude420

Dude420

Ascend or Rope
I saw a 3rd surgeon today, first one sort of brushed me off because he found me annoying, asking too many questions, he didn't want to go into the details, I didn't like him either. The second one wanted me to have braces for like a year before having the surgery, my occlusion is perfect, the bottom teeth are slightly uneven, didn't seem worth it to me.

Third one agreed with every nuance I brought (I argue only in terms of health benefits, but aiming at the same time at what would give me the highest PSL boost), no braces, bimax plus for the first time he absolutely wants to give me genioplasty to bring my tongue further forward(ligaments connect tongue with the chin) and eliminate the apnea. We also spent a great length of time discussing the counterclockwise rotation which I believe is super key to give me a great aesthetic results, he agreed to give me the maximum, but he explained to me that he can't give me more than 5 degrees because it is too risky to get complications associated with relapse otherwise, fair enough if that is the case.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: CrazyFitLover, Good_Little_Goy, MentalistKebab and 23 others
read every single word, screenshotted it, printed it, and framed it on my wall for me too stare at that post for the rest of my life

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, CursedOne, Deleted member 7125 and 16 others
Keep us posted OP and tag me when you get results, you've piqued my interest

• +1
Reactions: Alvik, Steve bachall, mojopin and 2 others
I saw a 3rd surgeon today, first one sort of brushed me off because he found me annoying, asking too many questions, he didn't want to go into the details, I didn't like him either. The second one wanted me to have braces for like a year before having the surgery, my occlusion is perfect, the bottom teeth are slightly uneven, didn't seem worth it to me.

Third one agreed with every nuance I brought (I argue only in terms of health benefits, but aiming at the same time at what would give me the highest PSL boost), no braces, bimax + for the first time he absolutely wants to give me genioplasty to bring my tongue further forward(ligaments connect tongue with the chin) and eliminate the apnea. We also spent a great length of time discussing the counterclockwise rotation which I believe is super key to give me a great aesthetic results, he agreed to give me the maximum, but he explained to me that he can't give me more than 5 degrees because it is too risky to get complications associated with relapse otherwise, fair enough if that is the case. So the advancement of both jaws with a counterclockwise rotation of 5 degrees + genio, I should get the surgery in late July or early August.

Previous thread related to this:
https://looksmax.org/threads/most-b...ory-of-mankind-updated-post-63-imagery.10835/
Do you think it would be possible to have bimax surgery with Invisalign in 2019?
I saw a Surgeon offering but I think you can't have Le Fort 1 without braces.

• +1
Reactions: Alvik
What's this costing you?

What's this costing you?
0$ public health care because I have diagnosed sleep apnea and I can't tolerate the standard CPAP treatment (I paid 250$ to meet the last surgeon, he kind of works privately, but the rest is free of cost)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: ArgentineOmicron, Mouthbreath, DidntRead and 4 others
0$ public health cared because I have diagnosed sleep apnea and I am not compliant to CPAP (I paid 250$ to meet the last surgeon, he kind of work privately, but the rest is free of cost)
Lifefuel what country?

Do you think it would be possible to have bimax surgery with Invisalign in 2019?
I saw a Surgeon offering but I think you can't have Le Fort 1 without braces.
Couldn't tell you, but I have Le Fort 1 as part of the surgery and won't need braces.

Genuinely rooting for you

• +1
Reactions: Dude420
0$ public health care because I have diagnosed sleep apnea and I can't tolerate the standard CPAP treatment (I paid 250$ to meet the last surgeon, he kind of works privately, but the rest is free of cost)
Do you know how many mms of advancement you will get ? If so, how much ?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: MentalistKebab, SikKunt and Guest
Fuarkk you're so lucky. May you send before and afters? I'm considering getting bimax too
Couldn't tell you, but I have Le Fort 1 as part of the surgery and won't need braces.
Also could you tell me if you experience any things regarding numbness and stuff. The lefort procedure can damage nerves I've heard and there's been some cases of people going blind

• +1
Reactions: Guest
whats the use for bimax? to bring lower and upper jaw forward?

Fuarkk you're so lucky. May you send before and afters? I'm considering getting bimax too

probably

Also could you tell me if you experience any things regarding numbness and stuff. The lefort procedure can damage nerves I've heard and there's been some cases of people going blind

Yeah, there are some risks, nerves damage are now very rare, almost insignificant, due to the safe areas they make the incisions and the technologies they use, nerves damage could potentially leave you with permanent excruciating pain with no cure if that were to happen. There is a none negligible chance of about 10% to have lasting numbness in isolated areas, it would be annoying but it shouldn't really perturb you, it is only some loss of sensation in those areas, it doesn't overly worry me in the case that this was to happen. Risk of blindness is for Lefort 2/3, I am only getting Lefort 1 for the maxilla region.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Wait the genio is free as well?
Yeah, you can research about it, it helps to treat sleep apnea, pulls your tongue out of your airway since muscles of the tongue are connected with your chin.

• +1
Reactions: AspiringChad
Yeah, you can research about it, it helps to treat sleep apnea, pulls your tongue out of your airway since muscles of the tongue are connected with your chin.
jfl @not living in Canada in 2019 (excluding Quebec beside Montreal)

• +1
Reactions: MD_Hopeful69 and Dude420
probably

Yeah, there are some risks, nerves damage are now very rare, almost insignificant, due to the safe areas they make the incisions and the technologies they use, nerves damage could potentially leave you with permanent excruciating pain with no cure if that were to happen. There is a none negligible chance of about 10% to have lasting numbness in isolated areas, it would be annoying but it shouldn't really perturb you, it is only some loss of sensation in those areas, it doesn't overly worry me in the case that this was to happen. Risk of blindness is for Lefort 2/3, I am only getting Lefort 1 for the maxilla region.
Checked thx bro. Alright so you'll get lefort 1 and bsso I assume, I've heard how it can make undereye bags and scelar show a bit worse cause you pretty much stretch the skin a bit forward idk how to explain

Checked thx bro. Alright so you'll get lefort 1 and bsso I assume, I've heard how it can make undereye bags and scelar show a bit worse cause you pretty much stretch the skin a bit forward idk how to explain
Yeah, bsso for the mandible. Never heard of that tbh, stretching the skin tends to give you more definition tbh. My mandible region/under chin should particularly benefit from having the skin stretched/tighter.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
to make you a chad (yes)
i see. congrats man. feel happy for you. what would be the inverse of this? for example someone who's two jaws are pushed too forward

• +1
i see. congrats man. feel happy for you. what would be the inverse of this? for example someone who's two jaws are pushed too forward
Thx. Yeah, some people correct underbite(or overbite which would be vice versa) by removing part of the mandible instead of moving the maxilla forward @11gaijin did that. I guess you could move back both jaws, but I never heard of that surgery. On rotation, some people do get clockwise rotation instead of counterclockwise rotation (teeth facing too much upwards), but that is rare.

Last edited:
good luck brother

• +1
Thx. Yeah, some people correct underbite(or overbite) by removing part of the mandible instead of moving the maxilla forward @11gaijin did that. I guess you could move back both jaws, but I never heard of that surgery. On rotation, some people do get clockwise rotation instead of counterclockwise rotation (teeth facing too much upwards), but that is rare.
i think i have slight bimax protrusion but dont know if its good or bad

i think i have slight bimax protrusion but dont know if its good or bad
Forward growth tends to be good. I am not familiar with that, but you may benefit more with some form of brow bone augmentation.

Last edited:
Forward growth tends to be good. I am not familiar with that, but you may benefit more with some form of brow bone augmentation.
also already have a prominent brow ridge, just my chin is slightly recessed so will have eppley take care of that in the form of a wrap around

also already have a prominent brow ridge, just my chin is slightly recessed so will have eppley take care of that in the form of a wrap around
Oh ok yeah, I didn't understand correctly, that could work.

Will your bite still be ideal afterwards?
Do you think you have sleep Apnoe in part due to your wheight? I read a lot of bodybuilder have it.

Will your bite still be ideal afterwards?
Do you think you have sleep Apnoe in part due to your wheight? I read a lot of bodybuilder have it.
Yes, my bite will stay the exact same. No doesn't relate to height, apnea can indeed relate to neck muscles though, not my case.

That's a win bro

• +1
congrats man and good luck

• +1
Good luck had same surgery itss rough 24months for full recovery I would only do genio again.

• +1
Reactions: SikKunt and Dude420
Good luck had same surgery itss rough 24months for full recovery I would only do genio again.
Because of apnea it is a no brainer for me, this morphological problem also produces other complications for me. Could you PM me your before/after pics? Did you have CCW rotation, if so how much?

Ascend or keep trying

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Dude420
Because of apnea it is a no brainer for me. Could you PM me your before/after pics?

Can't share sorry. Apnea can be fixed with mewing, I wouldn't do it if I knew about it. Genio is what will make you most change. But 10mm is alot so that too.

You should ask surgeon if it's ssro or ivro

If you won't like results you could just mew when your tongue muscle can move again ( it will be fully numb for first 3months). I could see faster mewing results as bone was healing.

lefort 1 is complex can make you temporary or perm blind although very low chance. Mortality rate at lefort is X times higher than any other cosmetic surgery.

2jaw is not a joke if I had a gun I'd trigger post op

Edit: yea I had rotation he showed on computer he rotated maxilla and pushed forward - 2 step lefort.
I think there is also 3 step lefort 1 but I don't think many surgeons do it

Last edited:
Can't share sorry. Apnea can be fixed with mewing, I wouldn't do it if I knew about it. Genio is what will make you most change. But 10mm is alot so that too.

You should ask surgeon if it's ssro or ivro(don't do it).

If you won't like results you could just mew when your tongue muscle can move again ( it will be fully numb for first 3months). I could see faster mewing results as bone was healing.

lefort 1 is complex can make you temporary or perm blind although very low chance. Mortality rate at lefort is X times higher than any other cosmetic surgery.

2jaw is not a joke if I had a gun I'd trigger post op

Edit: pretty sure I had rotation he showed on computer he rotated maxilla and pushed forward - 2 step lefort

Sorry but I don't believe you can reshape your bones through mewing in adulthood, I did a lot of research, I still tried mewing for the past 6 months and saw no results.
SSRO. Yeah IVRO is fucked up, I looked into it. Which one did you do?

Chance of blindness for Lefort 1 are extremely rare, the surgeon doesn't even need to legally mention it since it is so insignificant. I am with a top surgeon with high tech equipment. Lefort 2/3 is more of legit concerns since it is in direct contact with the eye socket. Idem for chances of death, but even far less likely. There are risks when you cross the street, idk why people want to scare me with stuff like that. I know this surgery is no joke but I have severe sleep apnea that causes severe bruxism which causes TMJ pain, the morphological problem is also causing some postural complications, plus it will boost my PSL, the benefits far outweigh the risks; there are probably more chances I kill myself from suicide because I am so fed up if I don't get the surgery than I die from the surgery or because of the complications.

Most people are satisfied with the surgery and would do it again, I won't be too influenced by your singular experience.

Clockwise or counterclockwise rotation?

I am unfamiliar about the steps relating to Le Fort 1

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Ulyc
Sorry but I don't believe you can reshape your bones through mewing in adulthood, I did a lot of research, I still tried mewing for the past 6 months and saw no results.
SSRO. Yeah IVRO is fucked up, I looked into it. Which one did you do?

Chance of blindness for Lefort 1 are extremely rare, the surgeon doesn't even need to legally mention it since it is so insignificant. I am with a top surgeon with high tech equipment. Lefort 2/3 is more of legit concerns since it is in direct contact with the eye socket. Idem for chances of death, but even far less likely. There are risks when you cross the street, idk why people want to scare me with stuff like that. I know this surgery is no joke but I have severe sleep apnea that causes severe bruxism which causes TMJ pain, the morphological problem is also causing some postural complications, plus it will boost my PSL, the benefits far outweigh the risks; there are probably more chances I kill myself from suicide because I am so fed up if I don't get the surgery than I die from the surgery or because of the complications.

Most people are satisfied with the surgery and would do it again, I won't be too influenced by your singular experience.

Clockwise or counterclockwise rotation?

I don't know sure about rotation can I tell based on my maxilla or lips?

I don't know either. But I saw changes post op doing mewing. Maybe pre op there wouldn't be any.

I did ssro for faster recovery and didn't need my jaws wired.

If your surgeon does ssro l he is skilled. If he refuses run away ✌

Edit: I don't regret my surgery but I'm psychologicaly unstable and can't imagine going through it again.

Last edited:
I don't know either. But I saw changes post op doing mewing. Maybe pre op there wouldn't be any.

I did ssro for faster and easier recovery.

If your surgeon does ssro l, he is skilled. If he refuses run away ✌

Yeah, I am wondering about mewing post op. I think I will talk to my surgeon about it because if it indeed can have an effect, which seems more plausible, I am concerned about the possible complications, you don't want to disrupt the alignment, I don't believe you want to start, like especially hard mewing, soon after the surgery.

The way the surgeons are trained in my country, I believe they only do ssro, mine is a top one.

Btw, I did a quick research about the few cases of Le Fort 1 ending up in blindness(or partial), they seem to mostly relate to high le fort 1 which I am not getting, which makes it even more unlikely.

Yeah, I am wondering about mewing post op. I think I will talk to my surgeon about it because if it indeed can have an effect, which seems more plausible, I am concerned about the possible complications, you don't want to disrupt the alignment, I don't believe you want to start, like especially hard mewing, soon after the surgery.

The way the surgeons are trained in my country, I believe they only do ssro, mine is a top one.

Btw, I did a quick research about the few cases of Le Fort 1 ending up in blindness(or partial), they seem to mostly relate to high le fort 1 which I am not getting, which makes it even more unlikely.

I don't think any skilled surgeon had blindness cause. I started mewing 3-4 months post op as soon when I started to gain tongue strength. I also tried chewing but my jaws would hurt and I'd get tmj so stopped. Both of my jaws are more forward by at least 3mm than post op.

My theory is you can move jaws faster when bone is broken and healing. Same as limb lengthening surgery.

Last edited:
  • +1
My theory is you can move jaws faster when bone is broken and healing. Same as limb lengthening surgery.

I am inclined to believe the same under those circumstances.

• +1
Reactions: Kawhi
I am inclined to believe the same under those circumstances.

You could still go more conservative like 7mm then finish with mewing. If surgeon agrees it would be more safe

@Dude420 Hey, this post gives me so much hope, i've been so down about how hard it is to find a good oral surgeon that actually listens. I'm from Canada as well and have been desperately searching for an oral surgeon to preform a ccw bimax on me for sleep apnea and aesthetics. I've already undergone a genioplasty but it's just camouflaged the problem. Would you mind pm'ing me whose the surgeon you're using. I'm really trying to avoid paying 50k+ in the states or Europe when it's essentially free here.

• +1
Reactions: Iamthewalrus01
how old are u bro
@Dude420 Hey, this post gives me so much hope, i've been so down about how hard it is to find a good oral surgeon that actually listens. I'm from Canada as well and have been desperately searching for an oral surgeon to preform a ccw bimax on me for sleep apnea and aesthetics. I've already undergone a genioplasty but it's just camouflaged the problem. Would you mind pm'ing me whose the surgeon you're using. I'm really trying to avoid paying 50k+ in the states or Europe when it's essentially free here.
you mean it didn't improve your looks? or just didn't improve the sleep apnea stuff. genio has the same effect of mandibular advancement

@Redrighthand 24yrs, lookswise I'm pretty content but wouldn't mind more improvement. I constantly to protrude my jaw forward to get in a deeper breath and if when I exercise or lay flat down. I have horrible forward neck posture because of this as well. I consulted with two oral surgeons who informed me that I would need a CCW. I've been a mouth breather my entire life and have super bad allergies which always block my nose. I can post a picture of my pre-genioplasty ceph if you or anyone could offer some insight. My genioplasty was 8mm.

• +1
Reactions: Redrighthand